Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

Watching the WFLA footage, I see the mustang in the driveway. The photo I’ve seen of Gabby’s van after the road trip ended show it in a garage with white walls and the caption states, “Gabby’s van pictured at BL’s parents house in Florida.” (Obviously I paraphrased that caption). I’d find it interesting if that van was parked in their garage but the mustang is parked outside. It would seem like they were hoping to keep it hidden. Does anyone know if they had it parked outside or in the garage? If I only had the ability to put one car in the garage it wouldn’t be a van, it would be the mustang since it’s a convertible.

2. PingTheRouter

PingTheRouter Ghetto Superstar

i thought Joseph Scott Morgan and Sheryl McCollum provided some interesting insights in to how this case might be progressing and what the next steps will be

its on youtube if anyone wants to watch it

Thanks good clarification, i thought for a moment it was their Electronic Evidence Management for collecting digital evidence, copying files or removing stuff but thanks

3. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Why don't we let it play out and see?
    There is no point in speculating on evidence procured because they have not told us what it is and FBI will not tell us either.

But they have Gabby's remains to the best of our knowledge.
    That is the best evidence they could have.
    The dead do 'talk'.

4. HawthorneJuniper

HawthorneJuniper Well-Known Member

He can try. But I think he's going to find it difficult to "hide" anywhere. Especially in his usual comfort places. The outdoors is big but also full of people recreating. This case has had tremendous reach among that community AND people in that community are fiercely protective of each other. There's a sort of code among outdoor types. You always check out other people while you're out and offer assistance and never just pass someone by if you sense they need help, that sort of thing. He is not going to find ANY sympathy outside the family/friends who are aiding him (caveat-if they are but IMO they ARE or DID).

5. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

My gut is saying BL was never in the house unless it was fleeting (no one knew to look for him for quite awhile, so yes, it’s possible he was there). He could have met one of his parents when he arrived in FL and turned over the van for them to drive home. I think he would have been too nervous to stay there any length of time.

Have there been reports that neighbors’ video surveillance picked him up?

I do think his parents have known where he is the entire time.

jmo

6. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Thanks! Every time I post and come back to the thread, I've missed about 20 posts.

7. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

ok, what is that about? for their own people? Negotiations? What? I am clueless.
    Honestly, I don't believe it was. I saw it on his story yesterday.

Marg from Oz likes this.
  8. What do you mean by "sort Gabby out"?

Marg from Oz, TexLil and bellyup like this.
  9. halfpintny

halfpintny Well-Known Member

The fact that the parents went to the lengths to hire their child an attorney but the attorney they hired wasn't some hard core criminal defense attorney from Florida tells me that what he told his parents was that he left her alive. If they believed their son had done her harm or he told them that, I think their choice of attorney would have been much different.

10. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

I remember that well...

Chrissy1958, Loulu and Warwick1991 like this.
  11. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

Is it known whether or not their attorney is with them?

Breathe, TexLil and Turkeytrot like this.
  12. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

13. MsArk

MsArk Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you. I totally understand there wasn’t evidence of a crime prior to finding Gabby but the NPPD really dropped the ball by not keeping their eyes on BL last week. They said they were & he was at home when in reality, they didn’t have a clue about his whereabouts. Completely dropped the ball.

14. MollyDDD

MollyDDD Well-Known Member

I’m not understanding these possible “negotiations”.
    If he is innocent of a crime, then there’s no need to negotiate. If he is guilty of a crime, find him and give him the death penalty. Period. No negotiating with a murderer.

Natkea likes this.
  15. samsmom

samsmom Well-Known Member

My 27 year old daughter knows I am a Websleuths lifer and said pretty much the same thing.
    “There should be an exemption to the law that says the last person to be seen with someone can’t do this!” (Lawyer up so quickly).
    Such a sheltered, well-loved life my daughter has lived.
    Thank you for saying this.

16. WillenFan21

WillenFan21 Well-Known Member

Media coverage on the FBI search.

17. RabidDogISC

RabidDogISC Well-Known Member

If you blow up the still image of this it looks to me like someone in a gray hoodie is standing up against the driver side of the van doors. I noticed that on another shot of this same video. It looks like someone covering their head with another tan hoodie under the gray hoodie was on the outer side of the driver window in a hiding position.

LaLaw2000, sapphire blue and putnam6 like this.
  18. mitzy

mitzy Well-Known Member

Where else could he be? I don’t see him crossing USAs borders without being noticed by multiple people / cameras, etc.

Even on a normal day, but especially now with Covid restrictions / protocols in place everywhere. At least I assume Canada is still enforcing theirs and I know for a fact you can’t air travel without negative tests or vaccine proof.

19. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

I think last night as soon as they found her in Wyoming the FBI and US Attorney in WY took over the case, put together the warrants, and flew people out to Florida (along with Florida FBI) to run the show.

We have been hearing lots of excuses from NPPD but I don't think they will have a say in what happens anymore. And I am sure behind the scenes it is tense. Losing the primary suspect is unbelievable. If they confirmed last Tuesday that he was not at the house, they may have proceeded differently right away.

LaLaw2000, Breathe, sripey and 17 others like this.
  20. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

approved new video from this morning:

LaLaw2000, HayLouise, TexLil and 17 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.