Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, unless I missed it in these multiple fast-moving threads, we still have no proof whatsoever that he (BL) actually was in Florida himself -- no one other than his parents have allegedly laid eyes on him since he was out west, supposedly hitchhiking after being separated from Gabby.

Am I mistaken, have we gotten ANY proof so far that anyone has actually seen him in FL?
The only evidence of this is the van ending up at his parents house.

48150781-10008971-image-a-83_1632149352196.jpg

This picture makes me believe they were actively looking for Brian

I agree.

approved new video from this morning:

Wow. That's freaky to watch. Almost like someone shut the door when they realized another vehicle was coming their way.
I have a theory about this that I think may get deleted or the people with pitchforks will come to get me, but I'm going put it out there anyway. Since everyone here thinks Brain is a possible serial killer and murderer, let me counter that with this:

Gabby herself stated she was going through some things (I am not bringing up mental health issues, these were her words), and she also seemed distraught and inconsolable in that traffic stop where it was determined that she was the aggressor in the situation.

Put yourself in Brain's shoes please for this next part: Gabby has an accident, or she harms herself (a general hypothetical) or something other than Brian causes her death. They are alone, there are no witnesses. There is now a history of an altercation at the traffic stop and he is scared. Scared something happened and scared no one will believe him when he tells the truth (remember from Brian's POV). So he leaves her out there, not a great move, drives home, tries to figure out what to do next. He tells his parents what actually happened in his mind, she fell off a high rock and passed away, whatever he would have said. They call a lawyer due to this strange situation and are told to not talk.

Brian feels guilty and is distraught about her being gone and what he did by leaving her. He feels trapped with media camping out his house. He's scared, so he leaves. That's all I have. Anyone think this is possible? Not trying to give him a pass, just a different point of view, since no one, not me, not you, knows what happened.

I think at this point, anything is a possibility. I don't think that's the most plausible <modsnip> but too much unknown still has yet to be revealed at this time.

They were removed temporarily while the search warrant was being executed. They have been brought back in the house now. (As per WFLA live link)

They are speculating at the link that they could have been brought back in because they've cleared a room for them, or they want to ask them some questions about what they are looking for.
Maybe to pick up a few things for overnight, etc., with LE carefully supervising?

I
There's a certain bitter irony that another "vanlife" (or rather RV life) influencer couple might have been the key to cracking this case. BL should have realized that Gabby was not the only one out there with a camera documenting everything for social media.
I think there video is great video evidence of the van, but if I remember correctly LE was already searching the spread creek area. There were sightings of the van by Elk Spotters being discussed days before the YouTubers looked at their video on Saturday night
I’m still confused why it took so long to find her remains. It’s been stated that this area was full of campers and busy. It’s odd that nobody noticed a body for a month. Or if buried nobody noticed a area or disturbed earth. It would be extremely noticeable in that terrain
It was on the other side of the wide Spread Creek. Maybe not a lot of foot traffic there. Any buzzards could be any dead animal. No one knew anyone missing at the time

Didn't the FBI take over the case a while ago? Given that the possible crimes occurred in another state, shouldn't the FBI have kept an eye on Brian Laundrie? He wasn't a potential suspect in Florida crime, was he?

No, they didn't, they were brought in to assist NPPD who was leading the investigation. FBI does not have jurisdiction in Florida over state law crimes.

The FBI became the lead agency when Gabby's body was found in Bridger-Teton, which is within federal jurisdiction under the District of Wyoming.

In every case that involves multiple jurisdictions there is some wrangling until there is a lead agency. NPPD said they were the lead agency since BL lived in Florida and the van was found in Florida.

Just want to insert here that projecting hate onto Laundrie's parents does no one any good. I totally get the outrage and the cry for justice. Me too!! But no matter what happened, they are human beings and I believe it's safe to say that they're experiencing a bewildering grief of their own.
I don’t think it’s hate, imho, but frustration over the lack of cooperation, now there’s a dead young woman, and fiancé has been MIA for over a week. Emotions run high. Moo

Would think their DUI/real estate atty would have strongly recommended to them that they do. For his own sake too.
They may have someone retained but are keeping it on the low to make it seem tgat they don't have anything criminal Mal to be concerned about. So you keep the family guy in focus with the criminal attorney in the background.

As far as I know, unless I missed it in these multiple fast-moving threads, we still have no proof whatsoever that he (BL) actually was in Florida himself -- no one other than his parents have allegedly laid eyes on him since he was out west, supposedly hitchhiking after being separated from Gabby.

Am I mistaken, have we gotten ANY proof so far that anyone has actually seen him in FL?
Replying to you because I can’t find the original post about being able to anonymously send money through western union. I’ve worked in a store that does western union (and I sent many transactions through that job) and you cannot send it anonymously. You have to have a name of who it’s going to. If they don’t have ID you can do a security question but there has to be a name. And a phone number. You can’t just send it to anyone without any way for them to identify who they are.

I think it is because the dispersed camping area stretches over a large area but when they had the YT'ers sighting then they were able to narrow the area around that specific camp site.

i get this but that campsite and area had to have been used multiple times over the last month. I’m just wondering how nobody noticed. I guess I was just thinking that with all the traffic in that are as it was stated all the campsites were full somebody had to walk in that area.

I’m still confused why it took so long to find her remains. It’s been stated that this area was full of campers and busy. It’s odd that nobody noticed a body for a month. Or if buried nobody noticed a area or disturbed earth. It would be extremely noticeable in that terrain

Good point perhaps he returned to move her...

Are you looking under stories? The circles at the top of the page. One is labeled "green". I just looked like three times and it's there.

The IG thing is weird because what someone did is take that real story on his real IG, which this one is, and put it on a different IG that gained like 3k followers overnight but is now gone and posted it the day after all this broke.

So yes the story is real, no it wasn't posted recently, it's from 25 weeks ago. Has no relevance here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23