Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ex-homicide detective Pat Diaz slams handling of Gabby Petito case

I would like your opinion: The x- homicide detective is critical that the Northport police did not get a search warrant for Laundrie's home, including his computer and the Northport police state they did not have the authority to do so-- who is right?

I'm siding with Josh Taylor, spokesperson for the North Port PD (especially due to the bolded emphasis):

“I don’t see how anyone without all the facts in this case can come up with a reasonable conclusion and opinion on the matter.” Ex-homicide detective Pat Diaz slams handling of Gabby Petito case

Remember NPPD wasn't always the lead agency in this case. Suffolk County may have
told them The lawyer says he's in the home. They didn't know what they were dealing with,
as far as the parents in the beginning. JMO
I'm sorry but I just can't reconcile "Suffolk county says the lawyer says he's in the home" with "We KNOW exactly where Brian is," just my opinion.

When all the facts are released to the pertinent DA, we may find out why the Laundries acted the way they did. Because they all kept mum, there might not be much of a legal criminal case against BL. Is it a criminal offense NOT to report a body or missing person in Wyoming? Is there evidence BL physically harmed or endangered GP in way that led to her death? Did BL parents do best thing for son by refusing to talk to anyone except when advantageous to them? What would most parents do if their adult child return home from trip without companion and refuses to talk about, and upon contacting an attorney, the attorney supports keeping quiet
What if it turns out that he took her phone and used her credit card while alone? We already know that he had the car.

I haven't seen these posted yet, apologies if they're a duplicate.
Tweets from Reena Roy at ABC News.

Some of the postcards #GabbyPetito sent to Brian Laundrie's nephews while on their cross-country road trip.
These were given to ABC News by Laundrie's sister Cassie who says "Gabby was a fun and loving influence to the boys...We will cherish all the time spent with her.”
https://twitter.com/reenaroy/status/1439925096357957636?s=19

Brian Laundrie's sister Cassie shared with ABC one of the last texts she received from #GabbyPetito
https://twitter.com/reenaroy/status/1439925792482418699?s=19

Attachments

• 20210920_134759.jpg
    20210920_134759.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 354
  • 20210920_134936.png
    20210920_134936.png
    349.1 KB · Views: 353
Potential alibi is the only reason I can think of ( “something happened when I was gone”.).

Or original plan was to make his own way back to Florida, say they’d broken up, and tell LE the last place he saw Gabby was when he left her with the van up at Spread Creek when she dumped him.

May have panicked and realised he had either told the Tiktokers too much or something that could easily be proved a lie if it came to it, then gone back to Spread Creek, perhaps made a slightly “better” effort to hide the body, and driven back to FL in the van.

‘Those Guys Are Full of S**t”: North Port Police Hit Back At Criticism Cops Mishandled Gabby Petito Investigation; Boyfriend Brian Laundrie Remains Missing

“[Police] should’ve immediately placed [Laundrie] under surveillance,” Ed Gavin, an expert in missing person cases and former acting chief of the New York City Administration for Children’s Services, told the New York Post. “Immediately.”

“They should’ve been all over him … The fact that they let him out of their sight, that’s a no-no. Time is of the essence with these investigations.”

……..

North Port Police spokesperson Josh Taylor defended his department from the critics.

“These guys are full of s–t,” Taylor told the New York Post. “We have a missing person case and we don’t have anyone to talk to and we don’t have any evidence of a crime on a case that’s outside our jurisdiction.”
…..

I'm in Florida, less than an hour's drive to North Port. Yesterday, when we still had at least three to four more hours of light, LE halted the search, because it was "getting too dark". They also said the weather was too bad to continue. Nope. It was a lovely, overcast day and temperatures were more than comfortable. So, no inability to see and a lovely day.
My take is there's other information about BL that caused LE to abruptly pull the plug on the search.

I frankly have a hard time believing anything said or attributed to BL or his parents. They supposedly claim he's in the reserve but could they have actually assisted him in getting out of the country and away from prosecution? Protecting their son is one thing, however, potentially being involved in a cover-up is beyond the pale. I hope that anyone involved in the situation are prosecuted to full extent of the law. JMO

I'm circling back to something I posted earlier- on the police body cam video, BL mentions heading up to (Oregon) to do some WWOOFING (which I had to look up). Basically it's free room and board, living on someone's farm, you learn how to do organic farming and they give you a place to stay. I would highly advice LEO to check out WWOOF sites in the southeast. BL could have skipped town, and be on an organic farm trying to just disappear, hoping that this organic farm is less "connected" to social media, mainstream media, etc. so they won't be as familiar with the case. Maybe he altered his appearance and is on a WWOOF farm (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms | WWOOF) JMO

When all the facts are released to the pertinent DA, we may find out why the Laundries acted the way they did. Because they all kept mum, there might not be much of a legal criminal case against BL. Is it a criminal offense NOT to report a body or missing person in Wyoming? Is there evidence BL physically harmed or endangered GP in way that led to her death? Did BL parents do best thing for son by refusing to talk to anyone except when advantageous to them? What would most parents do if their adult child return home from trip without companion and refuses to talk about, and upon contacting an attorney, the attorney supports keeping quiet

Failure to report or was he concealing a crime?

ETA As a Brit the US laws, state laws etc are hella confusing.

My opinion is that they didn't have grounds for a search warrant but they absolutely should have had eyes on BL -- at the very LEAST some visual confirmation that he was actually there! This is what's so frustrating about Josh Turner, and I want to state that I absolutely support LE and I know they have a very serious job and responsibility, but Josh Turner REPEATEDLY stated they KNEW exactly where BL was. They didn't know. They took BL's parents' word for everything. We have no proof that he's even in FL this whole time.

I am still upset that North Port LE refused to file a missing persons report from Gabby’s father.

I had suggested last night that Brian may have hitchhiked multiple times throughout the early morning to the evening of the 29th but what if Miranda Baker was* the only person to pick him up? I wondered if Brian killed Gabby on August 28th, tried to hide her body quickly and as cleverly as he could given the amount of other campers in the area and what he could see and do in the darkness without drawing any attention. Could Brian have walked the 17 miles to Coulter Bay Village all early morning and throughout the day of the 29th and realized this hitchhiking thing wasn't going to work? Miranda and her boyfriend leave Brian at Jackson Lake Dam and he either walks all the way back to the van or gets one more ride from the dam back to Forest Road 30290 and Elk, WY. If someone did bring Brian back I highly doubt he let them drive him all the way back to where the van was left sitting at Spread Creek Campground. Brian easily could have been back at the van before midnight on the 29th and already heading out and on his way back to Florida. I think he may have been in such a manic state that he drove nonstop arriving home late Wednesday night the 1st. Think back to the insane cross-country road trip of Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky. It can be done.
I posted a speculation along these lines right after I saw the TikTok Hitchhike video on Friday, how incongruent the conversation was between M Baker and her BF in her Jeep, the $200 and how he said let me out here (IMO...he did not want to get too far away from where he left the van). Now after seeing where she MAY have been found, I agree with you in that most likely BL did attempt to bury her, or cover her up in the evening hours of the 28th in darkness, as all can see the ground is very hard, rocky and depth of digging was not going to happen without the right equipment. IMO... he left that area in the van sometime early on the 29th of August and spent that day figuring out/planning the alibi, where to park the van close to the Colton Bay to Jackson Reservoir location where he was dropped back off. My guess and I posted this last Friday, is after he was dropped off from hitchhiking, he walked to the van, left the area for good and headed to Florida, in order to make it by the apparent date of 9/1. I would imagine the FBI will at some point add to the timeline of his departure time from GTNP, what route he took etc...

obviously just my opinion but if my adult son returns from a trip without companion and refuses to talk I don’t call an attorney. I call the companions family and then if warranted I call police. If I ever have to google “is it a criminal offense NOT to report a body in…” for myself or my kids then I’m just doing life wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak