Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

I’m personally leaning towards involuntarily manslaughter + probation but, yeah, what you said.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    Marg from Oz, PhoebeTries and AdahJo like this.

2. Lying liers lie?
    Jmo

abr, Tutter, silversurvivor and 5 others like this.
  3. Fascinated1

Fascinated1 Well-Known Member

Trying to remember the timeline from the first to the 11th but-I’m wondering if it’s possible AT ALL that the parents didn’t know anything for a while when he returned. If they really wanted to cover up for him from the start wouldn’t they have said to take the van and go elsewhere? Why leave it in their driveway -especially with her dad in Florida? He could have told them she met a friend and he gave her money to fly home….like he did earlier. Or he could have said they had broken up or something. The fact that they totally avoided all contact with Gabbys parents make me think that possibly they didn’t know what to say. Maybe he went hiking before they pieced it all together and that’s when they got the lawyer involved? Not sure we know when their lawyer was obtained but we know they had one when Gabbys mom reported her missing-may be that was after the dad asked the police to see what was going on? I do think they are acting strangely but I’m not sure it’s completely on purpose. Just a thought. Lots of missing pieces.

4. wonderboy74

wonderboy74 Well-Known Member

Fox 35 orlando

Marg from Oz and MsBetsy like this.
  5. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well-Known Member

Any mention of searching the storage area in Florida where Gabrielle's belongings were supposedly placed?

6. isrod

isrod Well-Known Member

I saw that earlier post showing a close up of the van doors. The van door was definitely open then closed. Someone was in the back of that van.

7. lizzied

lizzied Well-Known Member

I tend t think BL gave his parents limited and embellished information and whether he was there or went 'hiking' I think he lied to them too.

I'm not giving his folks a pass on withholding information but maybe they didn't think their son would actually harm GP.

He is in the wind. . I'm not sure they even know where he is. Although if he is suicidal they should be more reactive.

Regarding his sister, i'm also not sure why she would be so willing to speak on his behalf if she knew anything. To get 3 people to agree on hiding someone who killed their girlfriend, without one of them saying 'pump the brakes-i'm not in on this'. seems somewhat unlikely. MOO.

8. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Welcome to Websleuths,
    CrimeC243 !!

9. I wonder

I wonder Well-Known Member

I can see it. He's saying goodbye to his plants.

Attached Files:

10. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

It could have happened like that, but my money is still on strangulation-hope it can be proved in the autopsy

11. orchidaceaes

orchidaceaes Well-Known Member

Well things really picked up during my morning classes! I'm so glad they got a search warrant for the Laundrie home. Something interesting that I saw on twitter: I wonder if Gabby's Apple Watch data will be useful if they find it.

12. ThoughtFox

ThoughtFox Expecting the Unexpected

Even after weeks the coroner may be able to see bruising under the skin. If she was struck by a hard object like a flashlight or rock there could be a contusion on the skull. If her arm or leg was broken that would be clear. If strangled, there's a bone in the throat that is usually damaged.

And remember, when somone buries another person, they often leave clues behind unintentionally. They will probably gather leaves, grass and stuff from the burial area and go through it with a fine tooth comb. That will take more time than the autopsy.

Finally they will search that field to find out if the couple had camped there in a tent. There could be tent stake holes, trash, personal belongings, etc.

13. agilbe

agilbe Well-Known Member

14. Herat

Herat Way out West

And his sister's, and any friend or co-worker, too.

They just need to put a $$$ bounty on his head, taken alive

Marg from Oz and Cloudydiamond like this.
  15. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

I thought the items were moved FROM storage to the Laundrie’s house. Maybe they are in that shed.

16. Arkay

Arkay Well-Known Member

Until this case, I always read every single post in every single thread of any case that I followed. Wanted to learn, wanted to discuss, wanted to give “likes” to posts that I agreed with, etc.

Now, literally every time I sign on, the thread is just about full and there’s a new thread. So I feel apologetic about great posts I have missed, but many of us just can’t keep up, if we want to sleep and eat etc. At least I’m retired.

Having said that, I saw a post yesterday in thread #something, but the thread closed before I could reply. I imagine this has been brought up a zillion times by now and I missed it.
    Someone, more than one poster, remarked on the difference between social media staged life and real life. I’m not on SM so I’m pretty ignorant of it all.

My question is, if BL was or pretended to be the environmentally conscientious type, (no plastic bottles etc.), why did he have a Mustang? I don’t know cars but I’m pretty sure it’s not an electric type of car, right?

I don’t know if anyone will even see this to answer, we must all be racing through the threads by now.

My hat is off to the mods. This forum must be a LOT of work.

17. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

"I'm a protective father, if my daughter cries, I'm gonna fix the problem," Joseph Petito said. "That's not something she's going to bring up to me because I'm going to get involved real quick."

He said it was hard to watch the police body camera footage of Gabby talking with police in Utah after an "altercation" with Laundrie because he "can't bring himself to see my daughter cry."

Petito said Gabby never mentioned that incident to him.

In the same video, Gabby said she "has OCD," but her father said she was never diagnosed.

"She was clean, she likes things in their place," he said. "[The van] is a confined space. Making sure things are put away...doesn't seem OCD to me."

He added that she "doesn't have mental instability," and the incident with police "sounds like [Gabby and Laundrie] were just having an argument."
    Gabby Petito Case Live Updates: Father says Gabby never mentioned fight where police intervened

jash, Marg from Oz, TRB and 31 others like this.
  18. GRT

GRT Well-Known Member

JMOO, but I kind of doubt he'd put her in the front where someone could see and think the van is occupied and draw attention. But, who knows?

I think she might have been dead in the back, still alive in the back, or he already dragged her the spot where she was found.

19. Windsorite

Windsorite Well-Known Member

Canada's side of the land border opened to Americans in mid August.

20. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

I think this is the impression that a lot of people have but IMO I think it's inaccurate. I think pre-Gabby that Brian spent a lot of time in the woods and has a pretty good idea of how to survive. No friends, no job, no school. What else was he doing? His ONLY interest seems to be the outdoors.

We know he's handy and knows his way around power tools -the interior build of the van was done by him. Those skills can translate into decent survival skills and especially if he's spent years in the parks of FL .

IMO a lot of people are being fooled by his soft "wided eyed" innocent doe act that he put on in the bodycam video. I don't think that is the real BL at all. Not one bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.