Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamsandwich

jamsandwich Former Member

Has anyone thought he did what she thought he would do and just abandoned her? Drove off and didnt look back. And then something happened and she died as a result. Would this still be manslaughter?

I only ask as it was such a weird thing for her to accuse him of doing in the recorded police video. Who thinks their loved one would abandon them in the middle of nowhere, unless it was threatened prior.

Don't think this is what happened, but might explain his behaviour of returning home and not fleeing straightaway to Mexico. As thought she was still alive and then realised what he did. Also I wonder where her phone is. Was it in the van?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021

2. wonderboy74

wonderboy74 Well-Known Member

I’m beginning to think Brian never came back and his parents brought the vehicle to their house. Hence why they didn’t return calls or texts for days. Sept 1 they just parked the van at their house and made up the hiking on Tuesday so throw off investigators a couple more days. Seems more logical now hence nobody has seen Brian at all since august other than his so called sighting from his parents.

3. floridamomma

floridamomma Well-Known Member

I thought that to be strange wording, I wonder what code they've arranged?!

4. Beren

Beren Well-Known Member

Ah thank you. So essentially, IF the lawyer had told them "don't say anything!" from day 1 and refused to do anything about it himself, and it had been an accident, then it would be considered that they got inadequate or even bad counsel?
    But if he had done a heinous crime and there was no way to spin it make it look excusable, then and only then it makes sense to stonewall and take your chances and invoke the 5th?

5. Krazykatlady

Krazykatlady Active Member

I think the case is probably very straightforward and I really hope BL is found alive and answers questions as to how it all went down. But I’m guessing he has probably taken his own life and there will never be any concrete answers.

My guess is that their relationship was never as great as they portrayed it and it started unraveling after being stuck in the van together for weeks on end. By the end of the trip, they probably couldn’t stand one another and got into one final argument that ended with BL strangling Gabby.

BL panicked and wound up driving the van back to his parents house in Florida by himself.

I’m guessing he told his parents some lie initially. Then Gabby’s parents contacted them and they started questioning BL. After that, his parents probably started getting suspicious and maybe BL even told them that he did something - so they called the NY lawyer (not because he’s a high powered NY lawyer, but b/c they had recently moved from NY to FL and that was the lawyer they knew) and followed the lawyers advice not to speak to anyone.

6. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

All four of her parents would have moved heaven and earth to get to her if they knew how she was being treated in that van. I wish she had told someone. I wish she had known she didn’t need to keep going on this road trip, that she could try again to get her channel up and running another time.

7. Waddles

Waddles Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree - they cruelly caused much anguish

8. Herat

Herat Way out West

BL could never have afforded that Mustang. Think about the insurance.

I think his father owns it and 23 yr old BL is tagged onto his father's insurance.

And if GP had a vehicle that she then sold for the van, what did BL contribute?

Marg from Oz, Seni, BetzC and 9 others like this.
  9. wonderboy74

wonderboy74 Well-Known Member

Can the fbi now confiscate the parents phones and computers?

10. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

This is somewhat shoddy reporting. They do not operate out of their home - it's not a 10,000 square foot home. Someone pulled property records and just assumed there IMO. We aren't allowed to sleuth the parents so I'll leave it at that ;)

11. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well-Known Member

I have to believe the parents knew something based on their non response to Gabrielle's parents trying to find out where she was. There's a lot I would do for family but ignoring the pleas of GP's parents is unconscionable IMO. I see only one logical conclusion based on what we know.

12. tresptip

tresptip Well-Known Member

I would think they would use horseback so they wouldn't add any new footprints to the area.He may not have carried her there or dragged her there.He could walked with her there and whatever happened,happened there.

13. ThoughtFox

ThoughtFox Expecting the Unexpected

I was thinking the exact same thing. He didn't seem to like people much, and they probably didn't like him!

Marg from Oz and BetzC like this.
  14. isrod

isrod Well-Known Member

This is what I was thinking too. I don't think he would have killed her then drug her body out in the open with other campers nearby. I think they were out walking/hiking and something happened.

15. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

or long enough to hide listening devices inside

16. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Can someone explain the timeline and reason for BL's flight back to Florida? Where was Gabby and what was she doing during that time?

Marg from Oz, BetzC, x_files and 2 others like this.
  17. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

I think there are a lot of people minimalizing him, especially tough outdoorsy types, so they don't have to look at him and think, 'he a lot like me."

18. RedTRex

RedTRex Active Member

exactly, so obviously, he was at the house.....

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    Marg from Oz likes this.
  19. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

We don’t know with any kind of certainty that it’s his Mustang. Could just be the “family” car.

20. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

I’ve watched the cleaned up video posted at the beginning of this thread. Page 2 I think if you haven’t seen it. I haven’t seen any comments here, or by the video editor, mentioning the other camper on the right side of the road. It is at the 5:42 mark.

If that camper/occupants were there for any length of time, it could/would be possible they heard/saw something. Perhaps LE is already on that. If Gabby was murdered near where her van was parked, maybe their voices were heard. In a vast open place, sound can carry far.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.