Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

Just want to repost this. I feel it really points to the turn of events.

“She seemed OK to me at the time, other than I don’t know where the relationship was going with the boyfriend,” said Schmidt of the couple possibly going through a rough patch.

“She was making her way up to Yellowstone,” Schmidt said explaining that after Aug. 24 her communication with Petito grew sporadic and happened only via text.

Authorities searching for missing 22-year-old woman last seen in SLC

2. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

BBM - Well there we go.

3. GDawg89

GDawg89 Well-Known Member

Your response sparked an interesting thought: what items were in the white van when the FBI searched it on 9/10-9/11?

1) IMO..Most likely not much left after he returned.
    2) Did anyone in neighborhood see him emptying the van between 9/1 and 9/10? Did anyone see him period? Did his parents empty it?
    3) On 9/20, what items will the FBI find that were in the van on the trip in Wyoming?
    4) Did BL empty the white van in his driveway and store these items in the shed out back?
    5) Did BL dispose of most items like the tent, mattress, pillows etc.. before he returned to FLorida?

4. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

5. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

Considering how close her body was found to an established dispersed (and clearly busy) campground, this theory isn't feasible IMO.

6. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

7. BeachSky

BeachSky Well-Known Member

Yep

LaborDayRN likes this.
  8. simon magus

simon magus Well-Known Member

many threads ago, someone posted that they had found somewhere online that there was a silver mustang registered to BL...i don't remember the poster's username, but it was during the time when the actual ownership of the van was uncertain...and this was before a silver mustang had been mentioned as having any significance to the case.

Marg from Oz likes this.
  9. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

The property, not the house.

DCnDC, LaborDayRN, CGVA and 1 other person like this.
  10. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

LE knows who lives there. The parents were in the van. Who else would they worry about ambushing them? Imo, Brian. Imo, LE no longer believes the parents hiking story hence the cancellation of the swamp search. LE doesn't know where Brian is and needed to rule out his parents house. All moo.
    She was found to close to their camp site as well as other campers to have died of exposure. I think we can put that theory to rest.

TRB, Tutter, kyraz and 5 others like this.
  11. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

Flurries, TRB, Alias Gray and 26 others like this.
  12. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

13. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

14. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

15. Herat

Herat Way out West

There is also a red trailer or motorhome and separate pickup truck on a loop on the same side of the road, just before you get to the van (west of the van). They would have had a pretty good view of the wash and might have heard or seen something, some odd activity, lights over there at night. I'll bet they have been contacted by LE and will have given information. That red trailer or motorhome would be easy to pick out in a crowd.

x_files, PayrollNerd and Sachi like this.
  16. SuperTmo

SuperTmo On Time Out

There were 10 days he was (allegedly) home before she was reported missing. If he disappeared before she was discovered missing like I suspect, nobody would have followed them.

17. I wonder

I wonder Well-Known Member

I think Brian could survive in the wild for a while. What breaks most people is isolation and feeling uncomfortable, cold/hot/wet/hungry etc.

Brian is potentially on the run for murder. The thought of the death sentence or life in prison is probably quite an encouragement for keeping off grid.

What we don't know is how long he's been there. Since Tuesday or before? Did his parents really just go to look for him? How could they possibly find him when trained LE haven't? Unless, it was a pre-planned at 10.37 be near so and so etc and make a sound like an owl or whatever. They could also drop off food etc. It seems clear that his parents could drive anywhere without being followed, even in recent days.

He could have left, knowing that Gabby was going to be found sooner rather than later and be hiding until he can know whether he becomes a suspect and fugitive on the run, or maybe, in his head at least, he can be on a lesser manslaughter charge. Maybe he even thinks he'll be off the hook. She had an asthma attack or similar. Who knows?

The main factor that could affect things is the state of his mind. But to be honest he's lasted longer than I would have guessed. But I've just watched the YouTube video again and I still cannot fathom how this couple who looked so happy and in love could have come to this. It's just the most terrible waste of life.

18. catchingdelivery

catchingdelivery Well-Known Member

Not really, would you want to be reference or linked to him forever and be hounded by the press?
    I can definitely understand why people aren't coming forward, not everyone likes attention.... certainly not this kind.

19. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

uh oh - I thought we had a facetime call on August 25 with her mom?

Marg from Oz, TRB, x_files and 3 others like this.
  20. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.