Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
EXCLUSIVE: 911 caller in Gabby Petito 'incident' says fiancé seen hitting, 'slapping' her weeks before disappearance fxn.ws/3lFAOi3
https://twitter.com/foxnews/status/1440003531486998528?s=21
https://twitter.com/foxnews/status/1440003531486998528?s=21

Now I am APOPLECTIC.

The police completely turned this situation around. The written report was bad enough, but this. I am so angry. The police ignored the allegations the witness made and decided Gabby was the hysterical woman.

No wonder Brian asked what Gabby had said about him and said they'd had a really nice morning. All lies.

The police have to answer to this. They had the opportunity to save her, but they became buddies with Brian instead. Gabby. How could this happen?

Where are BL's friends? Current and past?
No is emerging to talk about his character, it's so weird.

Not really, would you want to be referenced or linked to him forever and be hounded by the press?
I can definitely understand why people aren't coming forward, not everyone likes attention.... certainly not this kind.

Last edited:
I'm not a parent, but I know my own and I know for a FACT that if I was in BL's position and my significant other had been reported missing and I was under suspicion, that my mother and father would be the first people to march me into a Police Office.

Not because they don't love me or aren't protective, but because they taught me to take responsibility for my actions and be a functional, honest and valuable member of society.

I can't speak for everyone, but I can speak for my family and the values we have. I would never allow my family to face the consequences of my own actions, be vilified by their community, hated by the world and disrespect them and GPs family for my own self-preservation.

It makes me so angry.
I don't know what his parents were/are thinking. No one gets to do this to someone's daughter, to a young, beautiful woman, and hide from the consequences.

None of us would ever let that happen. Countless lives ruined because BL is so utterly selfish.

IMO
You've already decided he's guilty of something. Lots and lots of people have been found to be factually innocent after spending decades in prison. LE usually gets it right, but if my kid gives me a plausible scenario of innocence in a situation like this, the last place I'm taking him is to the police, and the first place is to see a lawyer.

LE knows who lives there. The parents were in the van. Who else would they worry about ambushing them? Imo, Brian. Imo, LE no longer believes the parents hiking story hence the cancellation of the swamp search. LE doesn't know where Brian is and needed to rule out his parents house. All moo.
That is how they showed up to the house, from what I saw. They hadn’t removed the parents yet.

So I gather if I've read articles correctly that the coroner will be performing an autopsy tomorrow. I would be interested to hear from any experts here what the likelihood is that the coroner will be able to identify the COD. I'm sorry that this is a horrible question - my deepest sympathies are with Gabby herself and her family.

We are guessing that she died on or around the 27th August I think. Given the temperatures since then, the time left open to the elements (and any interference from wild animals), is there anyone out there with expertise who might hazard a guess as how likely we are to getting a cause of death? I presume more invasive injuries - stab wounds or gun shot, major trauma from being hit by a vehicle or blunt force trauma - ie injuries that result in broken bones or damage to major organs - are easier to detect than suffocation/strangulation? I recall a similar debate with the Alexis Sharkey case? (And don't want this case to end up in a similar place).

Also, I am presuming that given where GP's body was found she is unlikely to have been hit by a vehicle since the terrain does not seem drivable - at least in their white van?

My apologies again for asking. I do not need graphic details just wondering how illuminating the coroner's might be. Sadly I'm feeling quite pessimistic about the perp being brought to justice but I'd like to know if further evidence will be collected as far as we can guess.

I was thinking along the lines you have so eloquently delineated. I too am concerned that they will not be able to identify the cause of death--

This video was just posted on Fox News and it's a 911 call about BL slapping GP a few weeks before she disappeared.

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1440003531486998528?s=20
Is that the 911 call that brought the LE to the stop that is documented on body cam? If it is, their line of questioning didnt really follow the line I would have expected after a call like that. The call was talking about him chasing her on the sidewalk. That doesnt sound like a lovers spat over clean feet. That's so weird I'm wondering if these are 2 different incidents?

I think the thing that bothers me the most about what you are saying is that you are calling her "unstable". She wasn't hysterical or incoherent, she was upset and IMO was scared. She was 22 years out in the middle of nowhere with this dude who told her he was going to leave he on the side of the ride on top of that they clearly were getting sick of each other. Not for nothing when I was married to my abuser not once did I ever tell people about the abuse, its what we do. I am sorry though that you went through what you went through, as no one should suffer through that.

ALL OF THIS.

Instability is a hallmark of abuse. Of course she seems unstable: she’s being gaslit by her abuser. She thinks she’s at fault for absolutely everything that happens to them, which is why she constantly apologizes to the officers and makes claims that her being annoying is what set Brian off.

I am so over the victim blaming. You know who is actually the unstable one? The guy who left his dead girlfriend in Wyoming.

I feel sorry for the LEO’s who stopped them when they were arguing. Towards the end, two of them were discussing what to do and one said to the other something along the lines of “it’s your call, I will support you in whatever you decide”. They decided to put him in a hotel and leave her with the van, to separate them for the night instead of putting her in jail. During the journey in the LEO’s car to the hotel, I think he would have thought that BL seemed very plausible, sensible even. Imagine how they feel now, I feel sorry for them and think they handled the situation well. Can someone confirm, where the white van is parked at the side of the road (spotted on camera and reported by the people who were passing it), how far is that from where G’s body was found?
I feel bad for the LEO too. I thought she was found 1000 ft from the area where they parked? BUT I could be very very wrong.. that could be yards?

Can someone explain the timeline and reason for BL's flight back to Florida? Where was Gabby and what was she doing during that time?

The timeline for his trip back to FL appeared in notes shared by GP's uncle. This is the only conversation about those dates.

A lot of us speculate that GP told her family (mom) that BL had gone back to FL - I consider it unconfirmed. The only overlapping entry is that GP's father ordered her a pizza from Uber Eats to a hotel at some point during it because GP contacted him and said she couldn't make calls to order food (the reason why she couldn't call or how exactly she contacted him is unclear? ).
(think I got all the right lol)

Source please.

There is a possibility that he left her there then came back and she was gone. Although if left out there alone I would imagine she would go to nearby campers for help, which unfortunately could also have been a dangerous thing to do. I was in an abusive relationship and abandoned multiple times and threatened to be left. Once I was left in SF with my 2 small children. I had no money and no car nearby. Abusers do this, they use the treat of abandonment to control and scare their victims. Poor Gabby. LE definitely need more classes on DV and what to look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288