Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiningstar

Shiningstar *Alicia Navarro * Praying for a resolution.

HayLouise, Breathe, BeachSky and 7 others like this.

2. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

I wish someone would give the bald officer out front of the house, a hat or some sunscreen.

Breathe, TexLil, COSCitizen and 10 others like this.
  3. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

There were 10 days he was (allegedly) home before she was reported missing. If he disappeared before she was discovered missing like I suspect, nobody would have followed them.

4. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

5. I wonder

I wonder Well-Known Member

Now I am APOPLECTIC.

The police completely turned this situation around. The written report was bad enough, but this. I am so angry. The police ignored the allegations the witness made and decided Gabby was the hysterical woman.

No wonder Brian asked what Gabby had said about him and said they'd had a really nice morning. All lies.

The police have to answer to this. They had the opportunity to save her, but they became buddies with Brian instead. Gabby. How could this happen?

6. catchingdelivery

catchingdelivery Well-Known Member

Not really, would you want to be referenced or linked to him forever and be hounded by the press?
    I can definitely understand why people aren't coming forward, not everyone likes attention.... certainly not this kind.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  7. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

https://twitter.com/beccaollier/status/1440006448067534848?s=21

The attorney for the #BrianLaundrie family is expected to hold a news conference tomorrow in New York. It's at 1 p.m. FBI told us remains consistent with the description of #GabbyPetito were found yesterday. Our CBS affiliate in Utah is reporting an autopsy is tomorrow.

8. Harry Seaward

Harry Seaward Active Member

You've already decided he's guilty of something. Lots and lots of people have been found to be factually innocent after spending decades in prison. LE usually gets it right, but if my kid gives me a plausible scenario of innocence in a situation like this, the last place I'm taking him is to the police, and the first place is to see a lawyer.

9. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

That is how they showed up to the house, from what I saw. They hadn’t removed the parents yet.

Doghairrules, TexLil and LAhiker like this.
  10. ilovewings

ilovewings Well-Known Member

I was thinking along the lines you have so eloquently delineated. I too am concerned that they will not be able to identify the cause of death--

11. AdahJo

AdahJo Well-Known Member

Is that the 911 call that brought the LE to the stop that is documented on body cam? If it is, their line of questioning didnt really follow the line I would have expected after a call like that. The call was talking about him chasing her on the sidewalk. That doesnt sound like a lovers spat over clean feet. That's so weird I'm wondering if these are 2 different incidents?

12. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

13. bammab

bammab Former Member

Im sure he can take care of himself. Hes the bald one after all.

x_files and Karen MacLeod like this.
  14. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

HayLouise, gliving, TexLil and 6 others like this.
  15. vanlifelady

vanlifelady Well-Known Member

ALL OF THIS.

Instability is a hallmark of abuse. Of course she seems unstable: she’s being gaslit by her abuser. She thinks she’s at fault for absolutely everything that happens to them, which is why she constantly apologizes to the officers and makes claims that her being annoying is what set Brian off.

I am so over the victim blaming. You know who is actually the unstable one? The guy who left his dead girlfriend in Wyoming.

16. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

Peace be with this caller…. He knew it wasn’t a good situation. This is heart breaking to listen to given where we are today.

17. Sachi

Sachi Well-Known Member

I feel bad for the LEO too. I thought she was found 1000 ft from the area where they parked? BUT I could be very very wrong.. that could be yards?

TexLil and LAhiker like this.
  18. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

The timeline for his trip back to FL appeared in notes shared by GP's uncle. This is the only conversation about those dates.

A lot of us speculate that GP told her family (mom) that BL had gone back to FL - I consider it unconfirmed. The only overlapping entry is that GP's father ordered her a pizza from Uber Eats to a hotel at some point during it because GP contacted him and said she couldn't make calls to order food (the reason why she couldn't call or how exactly she contacted him is unclear? ).
    (think I got all the right lol)

Doghairrules, TexLil, LAhiker and 2 others like this.
  19. isrod

isrod Well-Known Member

There is a possibility that he left her there then came back and she was gone. Although if left out there alone I would imagine she would go to nearby campers for help, which unfortunately could also have been a dangerous thing to do. I was in an abusive relationship and abandoned multiple times and threatened to be left. Once I was left in SF with my 2 small children. I had no money and no car nearby. Abusers do this, they use the treat of abandonment to control and scare their victims. Poor Gabby. LE definitely need more classes on DV and what to look for.

20. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

NWLady, Doghairrules, Alcina and 33 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.