Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegasgrl

Vegasgrl Well-Known Member

I agree. I was pretty convinced up until this morning that the "safe house" was his parents house. He doesn't have any close friends that LE or the media could find, so I believe we're back to the parents. They are the only ones that could arrange for his safety. It may be incredibly simple and obvious - I would check a current or new Amazon account for deliveries through their locker pick-up system. And look into the possibility of alternative currency payments elsewhere.
    People that own one(or more) businesses understand money, usually. Some of these people can appear to live well below their means (hypothetically), IMO.

2. TigerRoar70

TigerRoar70 New Member

Was the 911 call made the same day that the incident with the speeding and swerving occured, or was that at a different time earlier in the trip?

khaki and LAhiker like this.
  3. Beren

Beren Well-Known Member

I agree with you - but just nitpicking one small part about the beautiful young woman. I'd hope no one does it to anyone at all and tries to get away with it. Even to someone who was old, ugly and had no family...

4. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

I've considered he abandoned her to "teach her a lesson" but considering all the other campers who were in that area, all she would have had to do is approach them. That does raise the question as to where she died. Is there evidence she died where she was found or was her body placed there after death? Hopefully, the autopsy reveals answers. JMO

5. otto

otto Verified Expert

I'm curious whether supporting her as a victim, rather than treating as the aggressor, may have helped clarify for her that she was in a domestic abuse situation and that she needed to protect herself from him. My impression from the police interaction with the couple is that officers dismissed eye-witness testimony and told her to behave.

Psychologically, from her perspective, officers did not send a loud and clear message to both of them that she was at risk by continuing contact with a man who openly hits her. I think she needed to hear that to validate what she was feeling. Validating her feelings and her experience may have strengthened her enough to make a different choice. Perhaps not, but officers downplaying his role in her distress likely did not help the situation.

6. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

Part of what happened is that LE asked Gabby if he had hit her, reassured her that it was ok for her to tell them, and she said he did not hit her.

The only person conceivably responsible for Gabby's death is BL, not the Moab LE or park police.

7. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

Regarding the fact that Gabby stated she suffered from "really bad OCD" during the police stop in Moab, I do think that may have been drummed into her head by Brian to the point that she believed that.

If she had diagnosed OCD, it would have been an ongoing condition before this road trip. Her father would know this, yet he says in this interview that she did not....she was tidy and wanted things neat. Living out of a small camper for months it would be difficult to keep the interior organized and clean, especially with a boyfriend who wasn't that concerned . My daughter is also a neat freak, way more than I am, but she is by no means a victim of OCD.

The fact that Gabby was so distressed at the Moab stop, and blaming herself, to me showed signs of being gaslit into being at fault with her "OCD" and mental state.

I don't believe she was "mentally unstable", rather just a young 22 year old who hadn't yet figured out how to deal her own emotions, and far too influenced by the boyfriends criticisms. Personally, I think it does her great disservice to be labeled as mentally unstable.

22-Year-Old Gabby Petito’s Father Says He Has A ‘Gut Feeling’ About What Has Happened To Her

8. HawthorneJuniper

HawthorneJuniper Well-Known Member

The 10,000 sq ft is the size of the land

https://www.sc-pa.com/propertysearch/parcel/details/0980036714

Attached Files:

KAE and LavenderLotus like this.
  9. Beren

Beren Well-Known Member

I agree with you - but just nitpicking one small part about the beautiful young woman. I'd hope no one does it to anyone at all and tries to get away with it. Even to someone who was old, ugly and had no family...

kareylou likes this.
  10. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

Part of what happened is that LE asked Gabby if he had hit her, reassured her that it was ok for her to tell them, and she said he did not hit her.

The only person conceivably responsible for Gabby's death is BL, not the Moab LE or park police.

CarmelEyesD, Loulu, jbennett and 2 others like this.
  11. DuchessJules22

DuchessJules22 Keyboard Sleuther

I'm wondering why the coroner is waiting to do the autopsy tomorrow.

12. isrod

isrod Well-Known Member

Yes it has but apparently many people haven't seen it because they are still questioning whether the door was open or not. It's clear that the van door was open as the RV approached the van, then the van door closed. Someone was in the back of GPs van.

13. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

14. candisp

candisp Member

I've missed a lot, so I apologize if this has been answered. Has it been verified that he was ever back in Florida?

LAhiker likes this.
  15. jamsandwich

jamsandwich Former Member

16. Paladine

Paladine Active Member

Agree. Another thing that bothers me is why hang out where the dead body is? I know I wouldn't be returning or sticking around. Yet that van was spotted there by the YT couple on the 27th and elk hunters on the 29th (both in media thread). Door possibly moves on 27th in video? Possibly B.L. hitchhiking on the 29th? And van is in same place both days. It'd be interesting to see a map showing the van, hitchhike locations, and where she was found.

penguinface and LAhiker like this.
  17. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

Listening to the 911 call, the operator has major attitude to begin with. Then he realizes it may be serious and his tone changes.. until the end of the call the attitude has returned. They could’ve saved her.

NWLady, Quiche, TxMother67 and 18 others like this.
  18. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

A FL reporter says the neighbors haven't seen him. LE wasn't permitted to see him when they came to the door soon after his return. So far as I know, there's not been a credible sighting of Laundrie in FL - although one of the people in the crowd last night tweeted that they thought they saw him a couple of blocks from the house.

It will be very telling to see what the answers to all of your questions are. I'm starting to think he might never have been in FL at all, though.

JayWill, MsMarple, LAhiker and 8 others like this.
  19. FNG

FNG Here For Justice

Mo Thuairim likes this.
  20. penguinface

penguinface Well-Known Member

We don’t actually know that he returned to Florida that time, we just know that Gabby’s parents were told that was the reason she was in a hotel in SLC that week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.