Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he used the van and her preference to not be the driver (which I share; I hate driving) as a way to control her. I believe he drove off and left her for various amounts of time as a way to keep her in line. Sure he came back, but I think she genuinely had a reason to believe he would abandon her for good.
I believe this too. I believe she was genuinely afraid of him leaving her. JMO

Even had he been arrested though, he would have been released the following day. She wouldn't have pressed charges, and this all probably would have played out the same way.

The cooling off period would have been the same as him being sent to a hotel.

Now, had he killed her that day and not a couple of weeks later, I'd totally agree.

But had they decided to arrest anyone that day it probably would have been Gabby. That's the really disturbing part.

Not to mention, who lives with their parents, doesn't have a job and buys a Mustang convertible? Gabby buys the practical van for their trip and he has his fancy mustang! Wouldn't he want to save money so they could get their own place and pay for their wedding? Now that we know what kind of person he is, this is just another example of how self-centered he is.

Until this case, I always read every single post in every single thread of any case that I followed. Wanted to learn, wanted to discuss, wanted to give “likes” to posts that I agreed with, etc.

Now, literally every time I sign on, the thread is just about full and there’s a new thread. So I feel apologetic about great posts I have missed, but many of us just can’t keep up, if we want to sleep and eat etc. At least I’m retired.

Having said that, I saw a post yesterday in thread #something, but the thread closed before I could reply. I imagine this has been brought up a zillion times by now and I missed it.
Someone, more than one poster, remarked on the difference between social media staged life and real life. I’m not on SM so I’m pretty ignorant of it all.

My question is, if BL was or pretended to be the environmentally conscientious type, (no plastic bottles etc.), why did he have a Mustang? I don’t know cars but I’m pretty sure it’s not an electric type of car, right?

I don’t know if anyone will even see this to answer, we must all be racing through the threads by now.

My hat is off to the mods. This forum must be a LOT of work.

I first would just like to send condolences to gabbys family and friends. I didn’t sleep a wink last night thinking about gabby.
From the age of 19 I was in a serious DV relationship, I was pushed into a wall and had my head glued back together, He once strangled me and I was taken to hospital with finger bruising all over my throat and suspected broken ribs, he deserted me on holiday in Rome after an argument and I had to find my way back to the hotel at 10pm at night completely alone with no money (luckily I had my phone so I could use maps) So for me any of those situations could have happened IMO maybe he pushed her and she hit her head on a rock or maybe he strangled her, it’s all very close to home for me and I can see any of these things happening once again my opinion. At the end of the day more needs to be done to educate on DV and from an early age, maybe in schools to spot the signs. This type of violence can happen to anyone, any gender, any age etc. Making it less of a stigma would help people open up more to others and more likely to ask for help.
Thinking of gabby and sending love to her family and friends.

First when I enhanced this picture of the parked van it looked like a persons legs standing which it could not be but now I see a girl's face which also could not be because it's too low and small. Does anyone else see this? So weirdScreenshot_20210920-125436.jpg

Oh I've just seen - in response to my previous post in the Daily Mail article an expert saying the body could been badly decomposed.
Police slammed for letting 'person of interest' slip away after likely remains of Gabby Petito found | Daily Mail Online

I don't think a whole body was found. Last night a reporter said "body parts" and later it was referred to as "human remains". I hate to write this but I think they only found pieces of her and I don't think it was necessarily the elements that got to the body but animals. I also saw people with nets scouring the area, like to pick up more evidence, from that Fox news helicopter video.

Yesterday I was sure I saw a shallow grave under the pop up tent but now I'm sure I was just seeing a shadow in a bad video. I have now seen better quality videos of the scene from the helicopter and you can see several men clustered around an area of bushes off to the side of the tent, looking at something on the ground. It's not a big thing, whatever they are looking at, or you could see more of it. In some angles of the video you can see a bit of yellow or orange color that could be her hair. JMO

So in any case, cause of death may be hard to determine, especially if they only have a partial body.

The fact that Gabby was so distressed at the Moab stop, and blaming herself, to me showed signs of being gaslit into being at fault with her "OCD" and mental state.

I don't believe she was "mentally unstable", rather just a young 22 year old who hadn't yet figured out how to deal her own emotions, and far too influenced by the boyfriends criticisms. Personally, I think it does her great disservice to be labeled as mentally unstable.

I never said she was mentally unstable, I said she seemed unstable, at least in that video. There's a difference. Whether or not that's just a young girl not sure how to deal with her emotions, or whether her partner was abusing and gaslighting her, I have no idea. Regardless I'm sorry this happened to her, and if he's responsible, which it seems like he is, then I hope he faces full punishment for it, even though that will never bring her back.

Even had he been arrested though, he would have been released the following day. She wouldn't have pressed charges, and this all probably would have played out the same way.

Now, had he killed her that day and not a couple of weeks later, I'd totally agree.
Sadly we will never know, because she wasn't offered help when as stated in the report this was a "mental health crisis".

There were 10 days he was (allegedly) home before she was reported missing. If he disappeared before she was discovered missing like I suspect, nobody would have followed them.
Well that is true 'Super' I did not think of that....I was just thinking about him leaving in the car and the parents going to get it.....I would have just thought the LE would have been watching them closely

I first would just like to send condolences to gabbys family and friends. I didn’t sleep a wink last night thinking about gabby.
From the age of 19 I was in a serious DV relationship, I was pushed into a wall and had my head glued back together, He once strangled me and I was taken to hospital with finger bruising all over my throat and suspected broken ribs, he deserted me on holiday in Rome after an argument and I had to find my way back to the hotel at 10pm at night completely alone with no money (luckily I had my phone so I could use maps) So for me any of those situations could have happened IMO maybe he pushed her and she hit her head on a rock or maybe he strangled her, it’s all very close to home for me and I can see any of these things happening once again my opinion. At the end of the day more needs to be done to educate on DV and from an early age, maybe in schools to spot the signs. This type of violence can happen to anyone, any gender, any age etc. Making it less of a stigma would help people open up more to others and more likely to ask for help.
Thinking of gabby and sending love to her family and friends.
Thank you for your post @Claire182

Agree. Another thing that bothers me is why hang out where the dead body is? I know I wouldn't be returning or sticking around. Yet that van was spotted there by the YT couple on the 27th and elk hunters on the 29th (both in media thread). Door possibly moves on 27th in video? Possibly B.L. hitchhiking on the 29th? And van is in same place both days. It'd be interesting to see a map showing the van, hitchhike locations, and where she was found.

I've thought about this one a lot. BL uploads some pictures of himself to Insta (I think these pictures have been taken down) in between a 27-29 or thereabouts. Camera appeared to be on the ground, stationary. He was eating melon.

I figure he was very disoriented without Gabby for a couple of days and perhaps disassociating from what he'd done (or what had happened; there's still the very very remote possibility that she committed suicide). Why he walked into Colter Bay without taking the van (if he did - he probably hitchhiked) was likely to keep the van from being seen. He doesn't want to take off in it because he's afraid he'll be instantly arrested. He knows she's dead - and that at any minute, her body will be found.

He also doesn't want to leave her. It will be very interesting to see if he spoke with his parents during that time. Was that the main reason to hitchhike into Colter Bay? To pick up cash for the trip and to talk to his parents??

With all due respect we cannot know that.
DV arrests do sometimes result in a woman fleeing the relationship. Especially if they are given the right support and resources. I have no doubt had a good victims advocate been provided to GP it *may* have changed the direction of this. They could have encouraged and supported her to call mom or dad and get away from him.

She also could have refused all of that and went right back to him. But it’s absolutely 100% wrong that she wasn’t given the resources and was blamed for being the aggressor. Police helped him gaslight her into believing she was crazy. Instead of lifting her up and showing her she was not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans