Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

LAhiker likes this.

2. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

dacjess, CuriousGrace and Paladine like this.
  3. MCDRAW

MCDRAW Well-Known Member

I believe this too. I believe she was genuinely afraid of him leaving her. JMO

NoSI, Mo Thuairim, KAE and 6 others like this.
  4. MysteryMama

MysteryMama Well-Known Member

It says in the call by MoonFlower Co-Op, which is where the call from the police stop came from.

5. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

But had they decided to arrest anyone that day it probably would have been Gabby. That's the really disturbing part.

NoSI, Mo Thuairim, JayWill and 4 others like this.
  6. Loot43

Loot43 Member

Not to mention, who lives with their parents, doesn't have a job and buys a Mustang convertible? Gabby buys the practical van for their trip and he has his fancy mustang! Wouldn't he want to save money so they could get their own place and pay for their wedding? Now that we know what kind of person he is, this is just another example of how self-centered he is.

Paladine likes this.
  7. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

8. Claire182

Claire182 Well-Known Member

I first would just like to send condolences to gabbys family and friends. I didn’t sleep a wink last night thinking about gabby.
    From the age of 19 I was in a serious DV relationship, I was pushed into a wall and had my head glued back together, He once strangled me and I was taken to hospital with finger bruising all over my throat and suspected broken ribs, he deserted me on holiday in Rome after an argument and I had to find my way back to the hotel at 10pm at night completely alone with no money (luckily I had my phone so I could use maps) So for me any of those situations could have happened IMO maybe he pushed her and she hit her head on a rock or maybe he strangled her, it’s all very close to home for me and I can see any of these things happening once again my opinion. At the end of the day more needs to be done to educate on DV and from an early age, maybe in schools to spot the signs. This type of violence can happen to anyone, any gender, any age etc. Making it less of a stigma would help people open up more to others and more likely to ask for help.
    Thinking of gabby and sending love to her family and friends.

9. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

Same date. It is why they were pulled over.

10. danablue1

danablue1 Active Member

First when I enhanced this picture of the parked van it looked like a persons legs standing which it could not be but now I see a girl's face which also could not be because it's too low and small. Does anyone else see this? So weird Screenshot_20210920-125436.jpg

11. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

I figured it was really something more like that. Can't believe the cops/rangers didn't have access to that before intimidating Gabby.

12. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Have a nice day!

13. Shellinaya

Shellinaya Well-Known Member

I don't think a whole body was found. Last night a reporter said "body parts" and later it was referred to as "human remains". I hate to write this but I think they only found pieces of her and I don't think it was necessarily the elements that got to the body but animals. I also saw people with nets scouring the area, like to pick up more evidence, from that Fox news helicopter video.

Yesterday I was sure I saw a shallow grave under the pop up tent but now I'm sure I was just seeing a shadow in a bad video. I have now seen better quality videos of the scene from the helicopter and you can see several men clustered around an area of bushes off to the side of the tent, looking at something on the ground. It's not a big thing, whatever they are looking at, or you could see more of it. In some angles of the video you can see a bit of yellow or orange color that could be her hair. JMO

So in any case, cause of death may be hard to determine, especially if they only have a partial body.

14. tennyson77

tennyson77 Active Member

I never said she was mentally unstable, I said she seemed unstable, at least in that video. There's a difference. Whether or not that's just a young girl not sure how to deal with her emotions, or whether her partner was abusing and gaslighting her, I have no idea. Regardless I'm sorry this happened to her, and if he's responsible, which it seems like he is, then I hope he faces full punishment for it, even though that will never bring her back.

15. AutumnEveHodge

AutumnEveHodge Active Member

16. Vegasgrl

Vegasgrl Well-Known Member

Sadly we will never know, because she wasn't offered help when as stated in the report this was a "mental health crisis".

17. Karen MacLeod

Karen MacLeod Well-Known Member

Well that is true 'Super' I did not think of that....I was just thinking about him leaving in the car and the parents going to get it.....I would have just thought the LE would have been watching them closely

18. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your post @Claire182

19. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

I've thought about this one a lot. BL uploads some pictures of himself to Insta (I think these pictures have been taken down) in between a 27-29 or thereabouts. Camera appeared to be on the ground, stationary. He was eating melon.

I figure he was very disoriented without Gabby for a couple of days and perhaps disassociating from what he'd done (or what had happened; there's still the very very remote possibility that she committed suicide). Why he walked into Colter Bay without taking the van (if he did - he probably hitchhiked) was likely to keep the van from being seen. He doesn't want to take off in it because he's afraid he'll be instantly arrested. He knows she's dead - and that at any minute, her body will be found.

He also doesn't want to leave her. It will be very interesting to see if he spoke with his parents during that time. Was that the main reason to hitchhike into Colter Bay? To pick up cash for the trip and to talk to his parents??

20. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

With all due respect we cannot know that.
    DV arrests do sometimes result in a woman fleeing the relationship. Especially if they are given the right support and resources. I have no doubt had a good victims advocate been provided to GP it *may* have changed the direction of this. They could have encouraged and supported her to call mom or dad and get away from him.

She also could have refused all of that and went right back to him. But it’s absolutely 100% wrong that she wasn’t given the resources and was blamed for being the aggressor. Police helped him gaslight her into believing she was crazy. Instead of lifting her up and showing her she was not.

Mimimom, dacjess, Mo Thuairim and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.