Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JuliaGoolia

JuliaGoolia Well-Known Member

He has had the car for awhile, when they lived on Long Island he had the car. MOO

TigerLou and sds71 like this.

2. citizen_sleuth

citizen_sleuth Well-Known Member

If Brian is still alive and is actively on the run, I wonder if he might try and make it up to the NYC area to hunker down because he has family up there.

Marg from Oz, Bootsctr and LAhiker like this.
  3. I wonder

I wonder Well-Known Member

The tape makes it seem more likely that Brian hit Gabby again and instead of slapping her on her head, with hair, so no bruises, maybe she moved and he hit her face, possibly leading to blood loss, a lost tooth etc. That was too much for Gabby so she tried to run, maybe said she was going to phone her dad to collect her and the van and Brian lost it and either beat her to death or possibly combined this with strangulation.

What really worries me are the two spots LE put tents over. Could he have thought she was dead and covered her with dirt etc, but she wasn't actually dead and came too later and managed to crawl a short way, but died of either injuries or exposure.

4. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I recall that it was initially reported there was a 911 call about "a male assaulting a female," in the media thread. This was right before the police reports were available and a day before the police cam videos were released.

There were two witnesses, and police only spoke to Christopher.

So we never heard much about what was witnessed before Brian locked Gabby out of the van which may explain why he was so evasive when describing it to police. He wasn't telling them the whole story.

IMO

Paladine, Marg from Oz, NoSI and 6 others like this.
  5. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

The lot size is 10,000 square feet. That is 1/4 acre which is typical for lots in North Port.

General Development came in there decades ago and divided up the land, slapped down some tar, called it a road, sold unsuspecting buyers lots in a swamp, and then went bust.

Marg from Oz, DCnDC, Bootsctr and 2 others like this.
  6. TotusTuus

TotusTuus Well-Known Member

As someone old and ugly who has no family, I sincerely thank you. :)

Marg from Oz, NoSI, kae27 and 21 others like this.
  7. orchidaceaes

orchidaceaes Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that they have to wait for a forensic examiner from Sheridan (6 or 7 hours away, depending on construction and whether or not the pass is closed). I'll look for an article to support that claim brb

8. sarahboirin

sarahboirin Verified Crafter

Why wait until tomorrow?

9. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

It’s right in the police report that it was reported as HE was the aggressor. The one officer on scene turned it around.

10. Karen MacLeod

Karen MacLeod Well-Known Member

I thank him also, as I am old and ugly!

11. tennyson77

tennyson77 Active Member

My worry would be that if he's responsible for this, he'll find some way to end his life before he's found. The news coverage surely indicates that the clock is ticking on him being found and the truth being known. If he's looking at life in prison or something of the likes, he may realize it's futile to keep running or to come back. I certainly hope they find him so everyone can have closure and "justice", whatever that is in a scenario like this, can be done.

12. EmmieA

EmmieA Well-Known Member

IMO it’s not at all obvious that he drove the van back to Florida or that he was at the house. It seems LE has/had been taking BL’s parent’s word for these things — I
    Gabby had more IG followers because she wanted more. She wanted to monetize her life. Someone will correct me if I’m wrong but I believe from what I’ve read about him that he didn’t think much of social media and at the very least wasn’t necessarily courting new followers.

And we don’t really know what he said about her social media endeavors besides the *one sentence* she told LE while she was distressed.

IMO

Marg from Oz, Bootsctr and Hyway like this.
  13. Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose Well-Known Member

I'm fairly certain that it was described as HUMAN REMAINS and was later scrambled by users to mean partial remains. I don't for one second believe that she was dismembered.

14. penguinface

penguinface Well-Known Member

I know I shouldn’t say it, because it’s said to be unconnected but knowing that Christopher was just driving past, not “on the scene”, as it were, Brian could well have made an incorrect gut assumption on who made the 911 call, IMO.

15. I wonder

I wonder Well-Known Member

She was rambling. She started saying one thing, then another. She was all over the place. Plus she was put in the police car very quickly and would have seen Brian interact with the police, all smiling and showing cuts or whatever. They all spent much longer with Brian than Gabby.

Marg from Oz, Sotest, dacjess and 5 others like this.
  16. danablue1

danablue1 Well-Known Member

Marg from Oz and Waddles like this.
  17. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

But why would you yourself lawyer up in that case?

Marg from Oz, JayWill and penguinface like this.
  18. NervousNellie

NervousNellie Well-Known Member

19. orchidaceaes

orchidaceaes Well-Known Member

It's buried a little in this page: Gabby Petito: Police declare 'crime scene' as FBI enters Brian Laundrie's Florida home: LIVE UPDATES
    To quote: "The Teton County Coroner’s Office tells Fox News' Jeremy Copas that the autopsy on the body found Sunday that is believed to be Gabby Petito will be conducted tomorrow. The office is bringing in a forensic pathologist from Sheridan, Wyoming, about 360 miles east.

Once the autopsy begins it should take one to two hours, but microscopic inspection can push this for several hours. "

20. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

If you are talking about the melon pictures near red rocks and arches, those were from Moab and several weeks before the incidents at GTNP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.