Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArmChairDet

ArmChairDet Well-Known Member

Good points, I didn't think about the fact that GP might have been there alone. That make sense, with no windows and a roof top fan it would be unbearably hot in a Wyoming sun. The door would have to be cracked to be comfortable at all. It would be typical to close the door when people passed.

I assume the sandals where hers. She appeared to be trying to keep things clean and organized (I assume for personal preferences and the desire to be able to use images of the van insides). The sandals were left outside - typical of person keeping the interior clean.

2. heed101

heed101 Well-Known Member

They did if you read the report.

3. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

She reported he cut her face.
    They ignored the caller. And they ignored her.

NoSI, Monkey41, nyvictoria and 23 others like this.
  4. JayWill

JayWill Well-Known Member

How many days were they at the Moonflower Cafe. I believe it is the same incident and it is disgraceful IMO.

5. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

So the Laundrie’s lawyer is going to hold a press conference tomorrow from NY without the Laundrie family and without Brian. Interesting.

HayLouise, dacjess, cb73 and 20 others like this.
  6. Jscre

Jscre Member

I just watched. Not good! Unacceptable. Not sure if this was communicated to the officers? Not sure if the outcome would have changed or not but there was a breakdown somewhere.

dacjess, Quill, GoldfishMango and 6 others like this.
  7. LavenderLotus

LavenderLotus Well-Known Member

The 911 call says BL was hitting/slapping Gabby.

d4j, Mo Thuairim, Quill and 10 others like this.
  8. DuchessJules22

DuchessJules22 Keyboard Sleuther

I've been skimming the threads and see that BL could have run off to Cancun, Canada or maybe New York. I'll throw another one out there. How about Costa Rica? The US doesn't have an extradition agreement with CR.

MsMarple, COSCitizen and whulfc86 like this.
  9. Skigirl

Skigirl Verified expert in neuroscience

No. Just no.

It is a dangerous misperception that "nothing can be done" for DV victims.

And the psychological impact of not only being humiliatingly real-time victim blamed and told that you're the problem (and mentally ill) cannot be overstated.

That incident showed her that she should avoid any contact with LE at all costs, because not only would he likely not be held responsible, but also that she would be held responsible and possibly be charged.

Short of whatever abuse she was undergoing, that stop was one of the most dangerous things that happened to her in her too-short life. My heart breaks for her and for her family, and I hope that this will lead to a better -- not worse -- understanding of domestic violence and what can and should be done to assist victims.

nyvictoria, PMLsmom, dacjess and 22 others like this.
  10. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

https://twitter.com/wmzq/status/1440015992843821060?s=21

Joseph Petito Talks with Dr. Phil About His Daughter Gabby ihe.art/c8pEUgG

Joseph Petito, father of Gabby Petito, talks with Dr. Phil about his daughter and the national story surrounding her disappearance. In the short clip, he talks about his relationship with Brian Laundrie, what he thought about her going on a road trip with him, and his thoughts on their engagement.

It's unclear if the filming took place before or after authorities found the body on an individual matching the description of Gabby in Grand Teton National Park on Sunday. The full interview will be aired on CBS later today (September 20).

HayLouise, cass523 and LietKynes like this.
  11. makayla

makayla Well-Known Member

Even though I responded to another report of this, I think everyone needs to hear this 911 call … it is heartbreaking and infuriating to say the least. How could this have all gone so wrong? Where was the miscommunication or was this a different 911 call? Regardless, this is inexcusable that Gabby was thought to be the aggressor! I knew when I watched the bodycam video that something was “off”, but we were told Gabby was the aggressor. I didn’t understand at the time how that could be true, and it was making me feel really uncomfortable watching how that questioning unfolded. I agree with others who feel angry, I am too!

dacjess, Mo Thuairim, Quill and 7 others like this.
  12. Sarahaddison14

Sarahaddison14 Well-Known Member

13. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Why would he speed at 3X limit for 20 miles while having a snit fit and evading the law if she had slapped HIM. He was trying to get away from the eyewitness guy who had STOPPED and seen him slapping her.

Reading between the lines (IE IMO) she was in the cafe finally uploading her work, it was slow going on an afternoon with shared WIFI, he was having a fit because it was his turn to go hiking and he had been twiddling his thumbs all day while she was at work trying to finance their trip, IMO he may have turned off her upload, told her she would never be a success. She says wait. I need to upload my work, he says, Then walk, I'm taking the car, and he starts hitting her when she objects. By the time he speeds away, thoroughly breaking several possible felony laws, they get pulled over. He adopts his manic-style babbling shmooze, while she is so upset she still is taking the blame for everything. Unfortunately he is right there for future punishment if she says the wrong thing. IMO

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  14. GoldfishMango

GoldfishMango Well-Known Member

That site is not well researched but interestingly enough it does state that Brian is a skilled craftsman, model and up and coming American television personality.

Gloomy Bear and LAhiker like this.
  15. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

16. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

HayLouise, StarryNight, cb73 and 3 others like this.
  17. TigerLou

TigerLou Well-Known Member

Yes! Say it louder for the the ones in the back!

18. onlyjamielynn

onlyjamielynn Active Member

Agreed - but then again I never thought she was.

d4j, COSCitizen, NuttMegg and 2 others like this.
  19. Vegasgrl

Vegasgrl Well-Known Member

I assumed she was intact because they aren't searching for anything else. Or, are they still out in the area looking?

Mo Thuairim and SuziQ like this.
  20. Harry Seaward

Harry Seaward Active Member

For the exact reasons i said. LE gets it wrong often enough that I'm not going to take any chances. Especially if I'm a doofus that knows enough to know I'm not great at answering questions under those circumstances.

feralwriter, SuziQ and Cortne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.