WY WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thor124

thor124 Active Member

2. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

Full interview below. Dr. Phil's episode guide states this is airing today and a show on Wednesday

Interview is 28:46 minutes
    Gabby Petito's Father Speaks Out: The Dr. Phil Interview

3. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

Most people who have been wrongfully convicted, are poor, and poorly represented by a bad lawyer (usually public defender), and are frequently people of color, I am sorry to say. They are also frequently poorly educated and illiterate, which BL is not. Finally, some (not all, by any stretch) ‘Wrongfully convicted’ people aren’t actually necessarily innocent, but the evidence used to convict them may have come under the heading of inadmissible. Besides, this site is not a court of law, and Brian Laundrie has no assumption of innocence here, as long as there is MSM info available to disperse). What this site IS, is a victim and law enforcement friendly place. Brian Laundrie isn’t the victim here, and neither are his parents. Don’t be so sure that your kid never lies to you about their behavior.

Marg from Oz, kae27, abr and 17 others like this.
  4. MadTing

MadTing Well-Known Member

The fact that he may have killed her so soon after being stopped by the police and having their recent arguments, injuries etc documented by the cops is pretty crazy, He would know based on that alone he would become number one suspect. This makes me think his anger or what ever issues he had were uncontrollable.

5. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

This dispatch call infuriates me....omg. What was communicated to the officers? What did they know on this call when they arrived. You can tell this guy calling was disturbed by this.

6. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

Yes! At first it pulled up behind the truck but then moved over to the mustang.

7. AdahJo

AdahJo Well-Known Member

The last broadcast on MSNBC is that they have no reason to believe that the dumpster issue in AL is related to BL. There's no confirmation of his sighting in the area.

8. Kristin Esq.

Kristin Esq. Well-Known Member

YUP!

9. Kano

Kano Well-Known Member

it's unprofessional for sure but its no different than what we saw here over the weekend and people bringing up their own stories over and over

10. pizzaman12

pizzaman12 Well-Known Member

I know mistakes are made but I don't see how LE get the DV completely backwards? Was it the dispatcher's fault? I can't recall something being that incorrect

11. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

BBM
    I suggest you listen to that recording once more. He witnessed a male slapping and hitting a female, she ran, he went after her and hit her again.
    Scuffle?? Hmm.... interesting way to describe/minimize that caller's eye witness account.

12. Alkali13

Alkali13 Wannabe Criminalist

"Reactive abuse occurs when the victim reacts to the abuse they are experiencing. The victim may scream, toss out insults, or even lash out physically at the abuser. The abuser then retaliates by telling the victim that they are, in fact, the abuser.

Why abusers rely on it

Abusers rely on this “reactive abuse” because it is their “proof” that the victim is unstable and mentally ill. The abuser will hold these reactions against the victims indefinitely. It could be years later and the abuser will say, “Well, back in (whatever year), you had this reaction and acted all crazy. You’re the crazy one! You need help.” Sometimes abusers use this reaction as an excuse to go to police or even file for protective orders of their own."

Reactive Abuse: why abusers play the victim and why they get away with

I recommend you do some research on abuse.

13. citizen_sleuth

citizen_sleuth Well-Known Member

If the police suspect Brian's parents aided and abetted their son evading justice, I would not be surprised if LE gets a warrant to view the financials of Brian and his parents to see if they withdrew a large amount of cash recently or wired Brian money.

14. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

15. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

In the D.M. link, it looks like BL's parents pause when being brought out of the house and the LEO behind the dad gives him a forceful 'nudge' as if to say "We're not joking around. MOVE."
    Scrolling video running on the DM front page right now.
    Circled in red.

Home | Daily Mail Online

I wonder if LE discovered something already, like Brian was never hiking at the swamp ?
    Or that Brian was never at the house at all ?
    That can't make LE too happy.
    MOO.

16. Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly. Are they briefed? Are they privy to the call itself before assignment?

Marg from Oz, abr, LietKynes and 6 others like this.
  17. Windsorite

Windsorite Well-Known Member

It was actually meant to be reassuring to her, but he didn't quite word it correctly. JMO

18. Vegasgrl

Vegasgrl Well-Known Member

She admitted hitting his arm and trying to get him to stop for the police that were behind them as he was speeding.

Marg from Oz, windrower, abr and 12 others like this.
  19. Skigirl

Skigirl Verified expert in neuroscience

I believe that there were two separate witnesses. One inside Moonflower who could not see outside because there was no window from where the witness was standing that would give view out onto the sidewalk. The other witness reported seeing him slapping her and that witness was reporting from near, but not inside, the Moonflower.

rootbeer, Marg from Oz, abr and 7 others like this.
  20. rleigh123

rleigh123 Well-Known Member

"Yes and she was never arrested despite being vilified by true crime watchers. We might not like how BL's parents are conducting themselves or we might say to ourselves "I'd never ever do this", but they have committed no crime by choosing to remain silent up to this point."

@Momofthreeboys

There's much we don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if they were charged with something.
    I hope so.
    Based on what we do know, their actions have been reprehensible and inexcusable.

Marg from Oz, abr, whulfc86 and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.