Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tigerlily75

Tigerlily75 Well-Known Member

I don’t think people are understanding stories on Instagram. You can save your stories, and on Brian’s real account there are a ton of stories saved under various headings (vanlife, art, green, etc). They are there right now and viewable.

2. Coquette

Coquette Observer

Tow trucks in the driveway! It's all happening now.

ChiCubs2016 and Midgie2 like this.
  3. lowes123

lowes123 Well-Known Member

I have been wondering about that camper. I had not noticed it in previous videos.

carbuff, Midgie2 and TTF14 like this.
  4. Error505

Error505 Well-Known Member

BREAKING:
    “FIRST ON FOX: The 911 caller who reported a "domestic dispute" between Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito in Moab, Utah, on Aug. 12 was heard telling a dispatcher that "the gentleman was slapping the girl" and hitting her, Fox News has confirmed Monday after exclusively obtaining the audio of the call.

"He was slapping her?" the dispatcher was heard asking.

"Yes, and then we stopped. They ran up and down the sidewalk. He proceeded to hit her, hopped in the car and they drove off," the caller added.

The audio provides a closer glimpse at the circumstances surrounding the couple’s encounter with police weeks before Petito vanished. A body that investigators believed to be Petito’s turned up Sunday in Wyoming’s Grand Teton National Park, while Laundrie’s current whereabouts Monday remain unknown.

The 911 call apparently contradicted a prior report written by police in which a responding officer had written that "no one reported that the male struck the female."

Last week, Fox News reported that a witness had called 911 around 4:30 p.m. on Aug. 12 over "possible domestic violence" near Moonflower Community Cooperative in Moab and said he saw Petito and Laundrie arguing over a phone.

"The driver of the van, a male, had some sort of argument with the female, Gabbie," a responding officer wrote in a police report, citing conversations he had with Petito, Laundrie, and the witness.

Gabby Petito investigation: 911 call reveals Brian Laundrie seen hitting, 'slapping' her before disappearance

George Fayne, MerBeach, abr and 21 others like this.
  5. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

What the hell is that black jeep doing lol

MadMcGoo likes this.
  6. DuchessJules22

DuchessJules22 Keyboard Sleuther

StarrChance, carbuff, cass523 and 4 others like this.
  7. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

Even though the dispatcher seemed less than enthused, the caller stated multiple times that he hit her, that he chased her. I am going to give the dispatcher the benefit of the doubt that he reported that exact thing.

j_in_c, Mo Thuairim, SuziQ and 7 others like this.
  8. Eli9

Eli9 Well-Known Member

Good. I'm really interested in the scope and size of the warrant.

Quiche, Breathe, gliving and 4 others like this.
  9. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

Sadly it sounds like mistakes were made then. That 911 call was pretty clear IMO.

George Fayne, abr, Quiche and 14 others like this.
  10. curious_pen

curious_pen New Member

They just towed the Mustang

ChiCubs2016, MsBetsy, Midgie2 and 3 others like this.
  11. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

If Brian had grabbed her face while he was supposed to be driving, or before that had threatened to leave her -- Gabby must have been terrified.
    Not cool. :(
    MOO.

12. Gardenkeep

Gardenkeep Former Member

Per the current live feed, only the mustang.

ChiCubs2016 likes this.
  13. dogmom805

dogmom805 Well-Known Member

The first thing I noticed about BL from watching the cops pullover video is his speech pattern and demeanor. He uses pressured speech, and it appears he is going a mile a minute inside and out. Even the cops asked, "Are you always this hyper?" I believe he was either in a manic state (brought on by bipolar disorder, for which he may have not been taking his meds as this part of the conversation was muted out), or schizoaffective disorder. It was reported by Gabby's friend that Gaby said Brian would hear voices. Either that and/or he is on drugs. BL is definitely a volatile and abusive. I would not be surprised with what we know and have seen so far that he is a sociopath. I bet he had a 'nice', soft-spoken side that made this dark side so unbelievable when it came out.

14. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm sure those officers feel horrible now. A few posters suggested they should receive better training in recognizing victims of DV and they're probably right. Imo

abr, Quiche, songbrd and 13 others like this.
  15. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

Maybe they want to try to use some typo of telemetrics to see where it was driven since he came back. I'm not sure if this year of car would have anything useful. But it seems like even when it was brought back from the park is in contention.

StarrChance, j_in_c, rkendmar and 5 others like this.
  16. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

He didn't speed for 20 miles. The route from Moab to the Arches entrance is mostly 55-60. The off ramp is the only place with the 15 mph sign and that sign doesn't appear until partway off the offramp - it was that 15 mph zone where he was going 45.

It is not 15 mph all the way from Moab to Arches. He was driving erratically on that offramp, though (hit the curb or even went over it and then back).

I figure he was controlling about the VanLife uploads - he wanted the money from them, she wasn't doing it fast enough (she made progress that day, but it is very time consuming to edit, add sound, and upload travel youtubes).

Gabby herself says he disparaged her work (probably after urging her to do it, then getting annoyed that it took actual time). He doesn't seem to like being in the town of Moab for that long, even though it's a pretty interesting place.

She admits she hit him too. What felony laws did he break by driving away? No report says he was speeding at that point (why would he wanted to be arrested within city limits?)

I agree that his style of speech is quite problematic, and while not exactly manic, it has a quality to it that is almost too calm. Almost flat. At first I thought this was BL's version of trying to look like the calm, sane person in the situation. But I think it's a lifelong pattern for him to explain away his temper in this way (by being super calm and reasonable-sounding). I think he does have some kind of mental impairment (nothing to do with knowing right from wrong, though). I'm basing part of that on the books he mentions in his SM.

If he was so upset about the time it took for Gabby to upload, he could have gone hiking earlier in the day - a treasure of places within 2-3 miles of Moab, really. Instead, he chooses to lurk around her. There are great places to hike just by walking to the edge of Moab. Like Mill Creek - starts 10 minutes from the CoOp.

TRB, Mo Thuairim, RickshawFan and 5 others like this.
  17. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

18. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

Good question. Have they released the dispatchers BOLO call?

19. whirrledpeas

whirrledpeas Well-Known Member

A number of reasons are plausible. Top two candidates would be either there are other bodies the ME needs to process or (the most likely IMO) is that the ME may need/request additional staff to take notes, help with forensic procedures etc. It will not be a run of the mill autopsy and may want the entire day for processing.

20. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Them taking the Mustang confirms a few things for me. He has been in Florida since Sept. 1st and he’s driven the Mustang since his return. I don’t know why else they’d take it. JMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.