WY WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

No one I can remember, outside of his 2 parents, has confirmed he was ever in Florida.

2. Laurie640

Laurie640 New Member

3. Vaccine

Vaccine Well-Known Member

Oh I've just seen - in response to my previous post in the Daily Mail article an expert saying the body could been badly decomposed.
    Police slammed for letting 'person of interest' slip away after likely remains of Gabby Petito found | Daily Mail Online

4. Caring4Many

Caring4Many Verified Insider-Rose Marie Gayhart Case

AHHH I see now what the confusion is. I apologize for my piece. In case it wasn't stated yet, that SAME post was used in a fake account days ago as a current IG story as if he was posting it real time. This story on his REAL account but ages ago.

5. Windsorite

Windsorite Well-Known Member

Login • Instagram

6. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

I think most people feel that way. The only thing I can think of, barring pure evil, is that they felt their son was in crisis (mental health?) and thought they were doing the right thing. By now, however, I think they've had a huge reality check and their eyes this morning show their fear.

7. Beren

Beren Well-Known Member

If your son comes home to you and tells you, "I think I may have killed my fiancee..." what are the next logical steps? If you've seen any TV crime show, first maybe call a lawyer? ok, check. Then if you were a person with average ethics, you'd probably expect your son to do the right thing and give yourself up to the police, perhaps through your lawyer. Let's just say even he is ready to do so.

Is there any chance that at that point the lawyer says to you, "now, wait. No one is after you and you don't need to say anything. In fact, don't say anything at all until THEY come knocking on your door! KEEP QUIET."

Would that be considered good legal counsel or bad? At the end of the day, certainly it's your decision, not the lawyers. But if that's what you were told, how much more difficult would the decision be to push forward and talk anyway?

I only say this because I see people not make their own decisions all the time in healthcare. They just do surgeries and tests and take medication the doctor told them to and it never once occurs to them to even get a second opinion. And in the end when something goes wrong, they're told, YOU made that decision.

*Hypothetical question only. Not saying this is what happened at all. I am clear on what I will do but I still hope to God I will never ever have to be in this situation.

8. GRT

GRT Well-Known Member

Right. And, wasn't he kind of an outdoorsy type? Because it's pretty easy to build a simple travois to move heavy objects, too. In fact, he probably could have moved her a lot farther had he done that, and it only takes a few sticks to build.

9. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

Nah. Listen to retired police officer Duty Ron on YouTube. He'll set ya straight on this.

10. Dutcher

Dutcher Amateur Sleuth - Should stick to my day job.

• Gunshot wounds can be detected even when the body is in a severe state of decomposition…
    • Stab wounds are harder but not impossible (as the soft tissue gives way within days in the unforgiving heat).
    • Blunt trauma to the skull: Can be detected fairly easily, even when the body has been exposed to the elements for a very long time (think months to years).
    • Strangulation can be proven as the leading COD as long as the hyoid bone is still present, which usually gets severely damaged / broken by strangulation.

Source: A friend of mine, now long retired, worked as a surgeon and back in the day the pupils got to enjoy lots of lessons at the morgue...

11. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

he probably, in my imagination, put an SOS call into his 'rents (pa)..in trouble..
    They said
    'come home , son, your succulents await your tlc... we'll take care of it'

I reckon he had to move the van from the vicinity of her body. The van would have been spotted.

Succulents called, IMO
    (sorry for irreverence, low grade hysteria going on here, it's so ludicrous I just found myself laughing helplessly)

No disrespect to Gabby intended.

12. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

It used to be that there was a kind of free international tourist zone along both borders, US/mex where only DL or some non-passport ID was the only thing required. I remember this coming up a few years ago when a guy was shot/killed on the Mexican side of that big lake that straddles the border, he was on a jet ski with his girlfriend, IIRC, and she got away safely. They were visiting some ruins or old town on the Mexican side, and at the time it was considered to be cartel at fault. But the point was that it was completely open to visit the zone some miles into each country before a passport was required, or at least some distance into Mexico. (Same with visiting that little Mexican town (Boquillos?) by Big Bend NP.

So is it still easy to enter mexico with just a DL or non-passport ID?

13. CrimeDawg123

I don't give him that much credit to know about a travois, honestly.

14. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

And they’re not searching today — maybe they have reason to believe he’s not even in there. With GP being found, you’d think they’d ramp up the search.

15. TheGardener

TheGardener Well-Known Member

I live in Florida. That game preserve is a living hell. BL isn't a dyed in the wool survivalist. He's a guy who likes to ride around in a van, eat veggies for the camera, then stop off for a Big Mac and fries. He's far from eating snakes and gator eggs.
    Which is why he's either dead or enjoying a Happy Meal in some "safe house" somewhere.

La Louve, Marg from Oz, NoSI and 43 others like this.
  16. casleuthin

casleuthin Member

You don’t need any form of ID to enter Mexico, at least not where I live. You need a DL, birth certificate, or passport to come back INTO the United States, but to enter you literally just drive over the border. I live 5 miles down the road from a major border crossing.

17. CrimeDawg123

You need a passport now AFAIK to get back in.
    ETA: however, I will take @casleuthin word on this that DL is possible.

18. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN In a world where you can be anything, be kind

I imagine that's because Puerto Rico is considered a Commonwealth of the U.S.

19. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

Maybe I hang around WS too much, or perhaps it’s because I was married to someone who developed a mental illness that presented after we got married (too young), who I’m certain will kill a woman some day, but that is exactly who I expect would hurt my daughter or anyone’s daughter. Statistically, at least.

We were talking about Gabby last night and she said, “I guess you never really know what someone is capable of, even after years of loving them.” And she is correct.

20. gliving

gliving Woof

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.