Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Error505

Error505 Well-Known Member

@MassGuy posted a link in previous thread. It’s just LUNCH in the coolers. It was announced the FBI provided lunch. Moo

2. CrimeC243

CrimeC243 Active Member

Whats everyones thoughts about the door of the van closing as seen on the youtube sighting?
    It also looks like someone is slouched in the front of the van...
    My theory from this is that i think it could be Gabby in the front of the van already passed, and BL is in the back preparing himself to move her body or hiding in the back as he could hear or see another vehicle incoming. His thought may of been that if anyone does see Gabby in the front of the van it will just look like she is sleeping?

Marg from Oz, Joly and GRT like this.
  3. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

I shouldn’t have laughed but I laughed.

4. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

exactly, so most likely they know he is in those wods, at this point they should ask the Laundries for the deed to that house case they might be lying about it even being theirs at this point.

Marg from Oz likes this.
  5. maine2016

maine2016 Well-Known Member

THIS.

6. EndoraXplorer

EndoraXplorer Well-Known Member

Well, yes, hence why I said it's the NY Post. They're gonna sensationalize it. :) And yet it was so satisfying to read.

I know some people upthread have written against the slamming of BL's parents. You can say what you will about 5A, but come on - that girl lived with them, she was going to be their DIL. Whatever he told them, they knew when BL came home ALONE on 9/1 that Gabby wasn't with him. Not even a thought to call her mom? No, instead, ignoring NS (Nichole Schmidt, the mom)'s texts. It's just gross and I'm not above wanting to see some comeuppance.

7. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

We don't know this whole story just yet. The whole interaction hitchhiking (which I do believe was him) makes no sense at all. Ends up in Coulter bay and asks to go to Jackson, offers $200 to get there, but doesn't really want to go to Jackson and gets out at the dam which does make some sense since we now know where the van was (most likely). Was he hoping someone would find her while he was gone and bingo- I got an alibi?

Attention now is on finding this ***

8. Amster

Amster Well-Known Member

I don’t post much but do read and try to keep up. Which is made more difficult when the majority of posts are an ongoing debate about van door open or closed! Is it possible to just agree to disagree on this subject? Please.

9. RedTRex

RedTRex Active Member

How did the van get there?

10. ThoughtFox

ThoughtFox Expecting the Unexpected

Wow, FBI not fooling around with BL's family the way local police did. While the search of the house is going on the parents had to sit in a van in the driveway - poetic justice in a way. Of course now there is a dead body and a crime scene to go along with the timeline. His parents are probably scared, as they should be. They aided and abetted by not letting anyone know that Gabby was missing for days and days. If it turns out they never liked Gabby in the first place, I will not be surprised! Just my opinion only.

11. Lore Listener

Lore Listener So many crimes, so little time

I am a parent, I love my kids more than my own life, and like your parents, I would march my child into a police station in a heartbeat if they committed murder. There are definitely parents of murderers who did the same. I'm thinking specifically of Austin Sigg's mother, Mindy.

On the other hand, we've seen families like the Watts who will protect and excuse their son and blame and defame the victim until the end of time. So, there are both kinds of families out there.

Mito, La Louve, Marg from Oz and 20 others like this.
  12. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Yeah it’s a euphemism. I mean, it can be both. But really LE sort of stopped calling suspects, “suspects” because it triggers certain things, like putting the suspect on the defensive and also causing any questioning to be subject to Miranda, etc.

So they use POI much more these days.

13. kathryann

kathryann Well-Known Member

I lived with an abuser for 8 years, so glad I survived this could have been me for sure. I could relate to the traffic stop scene, when she wanted to tell the police what he did, but just couldn't. Lots of reasons, she wanted the relationship to work out so badly, she was in fear for her life, she would have been left there to figure out what to do next. He did not take his eyes off of her for one second, because he was afraid she would tell on him. Wolf in sheeps clothing. I think he is on the run.

Mito, La Louve, Marg from Oz and 23 others like this.
  14. MrX

MrX Well-Known Member

That would mean someone else drove/towed/hauled the van there? Anything seems possible in this case.

15. casleuthin

casleuthin Member

They give you a harder time with just a DL, but they’ll let you back in with one.

Marg from Oz and CrimeDawg123 like this.
  16. agilbe

agilbe Well-Known Member

Yes. Plenty of ways legal and illegal. I live 2 hours from the Mexico border. Granted I steer clear of Mexico. Used to be there were safe places to go. Now, not so much.

17. Kristin Esq.

Kristin Esq. Well-Known Member

The video I saw shows a different angle of the van and it honestly looks like a pillow, not a person.

18. Periwinkl3

Periwinkl3 Well-Known Member

Re his succulent friends: Earlier today when the news was focused on the house I saw a plant stand right in front of the front door. I wonder if those are his plants.

19. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

We don't know, but I bet the FBI does.

Marg from Oz and TotusTuus like this.
  20. Gemmie

Gemmie Clam dip nose

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.