Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats everyones thoughts about the door of the van closing as seen on the youtube sighting?
It also looks like someone is slouched in the front of the van...
My theory from this is that i think it could be Gabby in the front of the van already passed, and BL is in the back preparing himself to move her body or hiding in the back as he could hear or see another vehicle incoming. His thought may of been that if anyone does see Gabby in the front of the van it will just look like she is sleeping?

Its been stated that the couple did not see any one. It shows them actively slowing down because of interest in the Florida plates and one angle shows the male driver looks at the van right as the windows line up but the couple filming were both looking and they saw no one.

My thought is that BL was off on his own and GP was in the back of the van hanging out and had the door propped open a bit for fresh air and closed it for privacy as she heard them start to approach.

There were several other campers very close by and noise travels well out there because of the isolation. I highly doubt she passed away anywhere near the van in that location which is pointing to be her last camping spot. Instead I believe they were walking together out in the bush and something happened out there. IMO

I don't think he has left the country. Canada is a first world country that would happily arrest him if asked. Mexico is a great place to go if you are a Mexican citizen, but Mexico wouldn't hesitate to extradite an American citizen.
(snipped by me)

The only caveat is that they won't extradite a suspect who might face the death penalty. Mexico and most other countries that do not support the death penalty won’t extradite to a country that does have the death penalty unless the receiving country agrees to take death off the table for the person to be sent back. Wyoming allows the death penalty (though it hasn't been used in years), so maybe the parents'/lawyer's thought was to get BL into Mexico, then fight extradition by claiming Wyoming could execute him if he was found guilty?

I really wish some of the neighbors would tell what they saw from sept 1-10? Did they see the van, was it hidden from day one?

Did ANYONE see Brian?

I repeat, I dont think Brian is a very bright individual. If he is not dead in the swamp, he is getting some sort of help? Human traffickers? Slow boat to Cuba? Wish we knew how much of head start he really had. Not sure parents can be trusted. But, computers inside the house could give clues on his plans.

He is too widely known now to escape for long. imo

Assuming the hitchhiking story is true, it's so crazy that he didn't just stick to that alibi and call the police when he got to the van and say Gabby was "missing". At least he would have had a shot at beating in court. But fleeing across the country with her van and then dragging his family into this mess? It just all seems so unnecessary.

I mean… nobody’s ever accused BL of being smart….

i think that is pretty standard gear when showing up to serve a warrant. They don’t want to be ambushed when they enter that home.
exacly, always have to be prepaired, hw do they noow that Brian didnt show back up in the middle of the night and as soon as they enter start firing, highly unlikely but they have to be prepared!!!

Honestly, I can see a criminal defense attorney telling them to wait to talk to police, at the very least, until they come to you. Here is the thing, though…not all parents would say “yeah, yeah, let’s lay low for a while”, whether that’s a good idea or not. The lawyer’s job is simple, if not easy-it’s their job to keep you from being convicted of a crime. The parents’ job is not only harder and longer lasting, but more complicated. The parents have to teach you right from wrong, and teach you to face the consequences when you do the wrong thing, all while trying desperately to protect you at the same time. BF’s parents are currently in protection mode-and forgot entirely about the part where they were to teach him right from wrong, and that actions have consequences.
Yes I completely agree. I'm just envisioning how horrible a situation it is to be in - and actually how much more likely for certain generations who are more prone to "listening to professionals" to end up on the wrong side of the decision making. It's also quite different when your child is a fully grown adult (even if they never successfully launched). These lessons should've ideally been taught earlier in life and is not a one time lesson. Still, I think, no one parents hoping their child becomes a murderer and I can't imagine the nightmare this must be, even if one acknowledged that their parenting was subpar.

What are the odds that LE/FBI are NOT aware of the van door situation in the RV video?

People have been talking about it for a while on here and I tried to find it watching the video on my own and missed it, I didn't personally believe it until I saw the video of the analysis zoomed in and everything. Are we sure they are aware of this fact? I know their timeline is probably much more detailed than the one we have here with plenty of unreleased info, but I do think that is a tricky thing to catch with the naked eye.

I would imagine they have a copy of the original video file and are running it back and forth a 1000 times on $100,000 equipment with a team of FBI nerds pouring over every inch. They have probably blown up the front window reflection and are circling reflections from the interior. They for sure have more than twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one.

There's a thing called an "attorney proffer" that we use a lot in federal criminal cases. Essentially, a lawyer goes in to speak to the FBI and federal prosecutor and goes over what information their client may be able to provide if their client does decide to talk to LE. The attorney's comments are off the record essentially and it can help negotiate either immunity (if for a witness), a plea offer, or at least get the parties on the same page as to where they are. I have had cases where in response, the feds say they consider my client a witness and the information presented would not change that status. If you get to that point, you can ask for immunity for where your client essentially gets immunity for the statement they give.

The feds obviously are not going to give immunity to a murder suspect, but if you go in and explain that a tragic accident occurred, the feds will consider that and see if their information matches what you are disclosing. If the feds say thank you but no thank you, your client did not disclose the information so it isn't used against them.

The whole process is very delicate. If the facts are very, very bad, then maybe this isn't the way to go because you know you are not going to get anywhere with it. But for any theory that this was an accident or misunderstanding, the time to address that would have been last week when you can negotiate some type of deal. Now that they have her body, he has no leverage in what he can provide them IMO. And then running away... it's not great.

Yes, this could all have been handled so much better by the Laundrie's. Get the appropriate legal representation you are entitled to by the US Constitution and provide valuable evidence for LE and provide real support for her family. The information was worth many years outside a federal penitentary last week. After Sunday, it's worthless.

And it was inevitable, IMHO

If your son comes home to you and tells you, "I think I may have killed my fiancee..." what are the next logical steps? If you've seen any TV crime show, first maybe call a lawyer? ok, check. Then if you were a person with average ethics, you'd probably expect your son to do the right thing and give yourself up to the police, perhaps through your lawyer. Let's just say even he is ready to do so.

Is there any chance that at that point the lawyer says to you, "now, wait. No one is after you and you don't need to say anything. In fact, don't say anything at all until THEY come knocking on your door! KEEP QUIET."

Would that be considered good legal counsel or bad? At the end of the day, certainly it's your decision, not the lawyers. But if that's what you were told, how much more difficult would the decision be to push forward and talk anyway?

I only say this because I see people not make their own decisions all the time in healthcare. They just do surgeries and tests and take medication the doctor told them to and it never once occurs to them to even get a second opinion. And in the end when something goes wrong, they're told, YOU made that decision.

*Hypothetical question only. Not saying this is what happened at all. I am clear on what I will do but I still hope to God I will never ever have to be in this situation.

BBM.
IMO, what he actually told his parents is a big unknown. He could have told his parents anything. Their behavior will get no defense from me, but might make more sense if he was telling them stories about how he was in danger, or GP left him, or something along those lines. Of course, we may never really know as no one will be very inclined to believe them at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88