Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FNG

FNG Here For Justice

2. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Oh, that just makes me want to cry. That poor sweet young woman.

3. insatiable

insatiable Well-Known Member

4. kyraz

kyraz Well-Known Member

Its been stated that the couple did not see any one. It shows them actively slowing down because of interest in the Florida plates and one angle shows the male driver looks at the van right as the windows line up but the couple filming were both looking and they saw no one.

My thought is that BL was off on his own and GP was in the back of the van hanging out and had the door propped open a bit for fresh air and closed it for privacy as she heard them start to approach.

There were several other campers very close by and noise travels well out there because of the isolation. I highly doubt she passed away anywhere near the van in that location which is pointing to be her last camping spot. Instead I believe they were walking together out in the bush and something happened out there. IMO

5. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

Southern border of the US is remarkably easy, even if the Canadian border’s not.

6. dubster

dubster Active Member

7. TotusTuus

TotusTuus Well-Known Member

(snipped by me)

The only caveat is that they won't extradite a suspect who might face the death penalty. Mexico and most other countries that do not support the death penalty won’t extradite to a country that does have the death penalty unless the receiving country agrees to take death off the table for the person to be sent back. Wyoming allows the death penalty (though it hasn't been used in years), so maybe the parents'/lawyer's thought was to get BL into Mexico, then fight extradition by claiming Wyoming could execute him if he was found guilty?

8. ShadyLady

ShadyLady Well-Known Member

I really wish some of the neighbors would tell what they saw from sept 1-10? Did they see the van, was it hidden from day one?

Did ANYONE see Brian?

I repeat, I dont think Brian is a very bright individual. If he is not dead in the swamp, he is getting some sort of help? Human traffickers? Slow boat to Cuba? Wish we knew how much of head start he really had. Not sure parents can be trusted. But, computers inside the house could give clues on his plans.

He is too widely known now to escape for long. imo

9. Windsorite

Windsorite Well-Known Member

Anyone else hear Bohemian Rhapsody in their head when they read that one? Levity sorry. JMO

10. Cecelia

Cecelia Well-Known Member

This is live of the house, but nothing seems to be happening. JB over on WFLA seems to be taking a break though the feed is still live, it's showing previously-recorded stuff.

11. Gemmie

Gemmie Clam dip nose

12. dlerrahlk1130

dlerrahlk1130 Well-Known Member

Some of BL associates may start talking soon. Some have gone live on Insta and TT but I can’t link. Some people who knew him well may not be shocked at this outcome moo/speculation

13. Sunset

Sunset Well-Known Member

Hasn't the land border to Mexico and Canada been closed since March 2020? Only air travel has resumed.

Marg from Oz likes this.
  14. Marg from Oz and Auntie Cipation like this.
  15. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

I mean… nobody’s ever accused BL of being smart….

16. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

exacly, always have to be prepaired, hw do they noow that Brian didnt show back up in the middle of the night and as soon as they enter start firing, highly unlikely but they have to be prepared!!!

Marg from Oz and silversurvivor like this.
  17. Beren

Beren Well-Known Member

Yes I completely agree. I'm just envisioning how horrible a situation it is to be in - and actually how much more likely for certain generations who are more prone to "listening to professionals" to end up on the wrong side of the decision making. It's also quite different when your child is a fully grown adult (even if they never successfully launched). These lessons should've ideally been taught earlier in life and is not a one time lesson. Still, I think, no one parents hoping their child becomes a murderer and I can't imagine the nightmare this must be, even if one acknowledged that their parenting was subpar.

18. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

I would imagine they have a copy of the original video file and are running it back and forth a 1000 times on $100,000 equipment with a team of FBI nerds pouring over every inch. They have probably blown up the front window reflection and are circling reflections from the interior. They for sure have more than twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one.

19. Herat

Herat Way out West

Yes, this could all have been handled so much better by the Laundrie's. Get the appropriate legal representation you are entitled to by the US Constitution and provide valuable evidence for LE and provide real support for her family. The information was worth many years outside a federal penitentary last week. After Sunday, it's worthless.

And it was inevitable, IMHO

20. Millhouse

Millhouse Well-Known Member

BBM.
    IMO, what he actually told his parents is a big unknown. He could have told his parents anything. Their behavior will get no defense from me, but might make more sense if he was telling them stories about how he was in danger, or GP left him, or something along those lines. Of course, we may never really know as no one will be very inclined to believe them at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.