Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
She could see the way the land lay. That male LE was all pally and brotherly with him, laughing with him when he called her crazy. Telling BL that he had had a toxic exwife.
That was extremely unprofessional and more than a bit misogynistic.
LE use this technique to get people to admit things by allowing the subject to feel like what they did isn't so bad.

Iirc, the police report states the call was a male assaulting a woman. Then the rest of the report conflicted with that and the cam video. The cam and report differs in many areas.

The LEO who wrote the report mentions that someone has reported seeing the male attack a woman. That LEO then goes off in pursuit of the van, which has been sighted.

The LEO talks with 3 people to make his determination about what happened: BL, Gabby, and another witness from the coffee cafe named Chris.

What he writes in his report is that all 3 of those stories match up, are the same, including an eyewitness account which said Gabby, not BL, was the aggressor.

#UPDATE A tow truck can be seen towing the silver Mustang from the Laundrie Family home. Another tow truck arrived on scene but has not towed a vehicle. Now the red pickup and camper sit in the driveway. #GabbyPetito
@Fox4Now

E_v9tjcXEAkPOI-

https://twitter.com/CalvinLewisTV/status/1440023488459329539

Last edited:
She could see the way the land lay. That male LE was all pally and brotherly with him, laughing with him when he called her crazy. Telling BL that he had had a toxic exwife.
That was extremely unprofessional and more than a bit misogynistic.
And may have been a complete lie just to put him at ease, we don't know. JMO

“I have a theory about this that I think may get deleted or the people with pitchforks will come to get me, but I'm going put it out there anyway. Since everyone here thinks Brain is a possible serial killer and murderer, let me counter that with this:

Gabby herself stated she was going through some things (I am not bringing up mental health issues, these were her words), and she also seemed distraught and inconsolable in that traffic stop where it was determined that she was the aggressor in the situation.

Put yourself in Brain's shoes please for this next part: Gabby has an accident, or she harms herself (a general hypothetical) or something other than Brian causes her death. They are alone, there are no witnesses. There is now a history of an altercation at the traffic stop and he is scared. Scared something happened and scared no one will believe him when he tells the truth (remember from Brian's POV). So he leaves her out there, not a great move, drives home, tries to figure out what to do next. He tells his parents what actually happened in his mind, she fell off a high rock and passed away, whatever he would have said. They call a lawyer due to this strange situation and are told to not talk.

Brian feels guilty and is distraught about her being gone and what he did by leaving her. He feels trapped with media camping out his house. He's scared, so he leaves. That's all I have. Anyone think this is possible? Not trying to give him a pass, just a different point of view, since no one, not me, not you, knows what happened.“

Sorry, @xrazer I couldn’t capture your original post to reply, so I will try to here.

I have been thinking that what you’ve laid out would at the very least be a plausible story his parents would want to believe. What gives me pause about this being an actuality is how long this has kept going. At some point, I would think decent counsel would have created a situation where he admits the full story to police and provides evidence to help corroborate an accident.

The other thing that makes this scenario so hard to swallow is he and his family allowing Gabby’s family to anguish days and days while their child was lying in the wilderness alone. That by itself smacks of a selfishness I don’t think many people are willing to forgive, whether he killed her or not.

No matter what happened, BL has made some very poor choices.

Was it mentioned what the wifi status was for the area where she was found? Someone in a previous thread was very descriptive about the area that she was found. Is there anything else there? Sights to be seen? It doesn't look remarkably scenic. Is this a place they would have set up their tent? Was the distance she was found too far to have gone to use the bathroom if she wanted privacy? Is it possible that he did leave alone for a day or two? Maybe 27-28? When he was picked up his pack was empty but it could have been full when he started out. All speculation and questions which help me make logical deductions.
Thanks!

I feel sorry for the LEO’s who stopped them by pulling them over when they were arguing. Towards the end, two of them were discussing what to do and one said to the other something along the lines of “it’s your call, I will support you in whatever you decide”. They decided to put him in a hotel and leave her with the van, to separate them for the night instead of putting her in jail. During the journey in the LEO’s car to the hotel, I think he would have thought that BL seemed very plausible, sensible even. Imagine how they feel now, I feel sorry for them and think they handled the situation well. Can someone confirm, where the white van is parked at the side of the road (spotted on camera and reported by the people who were passing it), how far is that from where G’s body was found?

I don't have the link right now but other WS members used Google maps (or maybe Google Earth) to estimate that the van's location when passed by the Bethune family in their video was approximately 800-1000 feet from where the body was found.

IMO, that's way too far to go to the bathroom in the outdoors. (I don't know what bathroom arrangements are typically used by people in vans in dispersed camping sites but at least sometimes, it probably involves going into nearby woods.) Furthermore, the body was found across a stream bed or wash. I could be wrong but it didn't look like there was water in there; even without water the ground in the stream bed would probably be soft and treacherous. I guess someone might go over there to get away from someone else, not sure.

The tape makes it seem more likely that Brian hit Gabby again and instead of slapping her on her head, with hair, so no bruises, maybe she moved and he hit her face, possibly leading to blood loss, a lost tooth etc. That was too much for Gabby so she tried to run, maybe said she was going to phone her dad to collect her and the van and Brian lost it and either beat her to death or possibly combined this with strangulation.

What really worries me are the two spots LE put tents over. Could he have thought she was dead and covered her with dirt etc, but she wasn't actually dead and came too later and managed to crawl a short way, but died of either injuries or exposure.

Some other possibilities: It may have appeared that BL killed her in one area (maybe there still was blood?) and buried her in another. Or, more prosaically, LE could have put one tent over the actual gravesite and put up another for their own use.

JMO

I thought it was something cloth folded up like a towel IMO because of how it kind of forms to the shape of the rocks. Not sure a book would do that? Maybe?

Yes, it does kind of bend a bit. It could be a dishcloth. If it is a book it has a very soft binding.

The fact that he may have killed her so soon after being stopped by the police and having their recent arguments, injuries etc documented by the cops is pretty crazy, He would know based on that alone he would become number one suspect. This makes me think his anger or what ever issues he had were uncontrollable.

I don't think he expected the body to be sound so (relatively) easily, paticularly with a gap in time before they would start looking. They've been quite fortunate with the footage of the van coming forwards, something that easily could not have happened.

Most people who have been wrongfully convicted, are poor, and poorly represented by a bad lawyer (usually public defender), and are frequently people of color, I am sorry to say. They are also frequently poorly educated and illiterate, which BL is not. Finally, some (not all, by any stretch) ‘Wrongfully convicted’ people aren’t actually necessarily innocent, but the evidence used to convict them may have come under the heading of inadmissible. Besides, this site is not a court of law, and Brian Laundrie has no assumption of innocence here, as long as there is MSM info available to disperse). What this site IS, is a victim and law enforcement friendly place. Brian Laundrie isn’t the victim here, and neither are his parents. Don’t be so sure that your kid never lies to you about their behavior.
You're making my point. Because he is well represented, it's unlikely he will be wrongful convicted.

it's unprofessional for sure but its no different than what we saw here over the weekend and people bringing up their own stories over and over

It’s very different. This is an internet discussion forum. He’s is supposed to be a professional responding to a domestic violence call.
In which he twisted the victim and the offender.
Notice his words never show up in the police report. I wonder why not? Could it be because he was way off base and creating a false narrative of the situation bc of his personal issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColleenFlicker