Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sachi

Sachi Well-Known Member

Laughing, BeachSky and LAhiker like this.

2. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

To be fair though how many of us have said we have OCD because we don't like chaos and mess and like things a certain way? I say it as an off the cuff statement. Not because I've been diagnosed. The back of that van would have given me anxiety for sure.

3. dkryder

dkryder Well-Known Member

So the lawyer for the Brian Laundrie family will hold a presser from long island, ny tomorrow. I'm not sure why the lawyer picked that location since Brian's family lives in FL. And don't understand why the presser at this point since I'd guess most questions won't be answered.

Brian Laundrie's family will release statement on Tuesday

scmom, forgetmenot, dacjess and 7 others like this.
  4. orchidaceaes

orchidaceaes Well-Known Member

JMO that's BL using Gabby's phone. Is Stan a first name? If it was sent on the 27th that narrows down the timeline

borndem, BeachSky, LadyL and 5 others like this.
  5. UnderstandBlue

UnderstandBlue Well-Known Member

There's even a higher res one here:

6. Jealbr

Jealbr Member

Question:

If a person is considered missing and a person of interest (not fully a suspect) does their lawyer have to disclose their location to police?

Could BL have gone back to NY, hence why his lawyer is holding a presser from there tomorrow?

Chelly, lowes123, BetzC and 2 others like this.
  7. MLaps

MLaps Well-Known Member

The hard drive scrub could take awhile, depending on how much is exactly on there. May be a few days before they find anything, if anything.

8. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

And that even in a completely remote place without CCTV the van was still caught on camera. Pretty amazing.

scmom, dyannaON, VanillaRose and 14 others like this.
  9. kyraz

kyraz Well-Known Member

I honestly believe that when GP was stating she was "OCD" she was saying it in the same way I hear a LOT of late teen to late twenty-somethings use it.
    I don't think she was claiming to have been diagnosed, its just something young people say about themselves freely in certain circumstances.

10. zoomzoomthecat

zoomzoomthecat Member

I don't understand how to comment on things, but can someone please explain why the "return to search warrant" is witnessed August 31, 2021 when it states the warrant was received September 15, 2021?

11. bammab

bammab Former Member

I have been avoiding asking for days and can not figure it out. What does dbm mean here? Seems like Don't Bother Me is the most common meaning, but doesn't make sense.

12. PeregrineFalcon

PeregrineFalcon Well-Known Member

There are other reasons why Gabby may have stayed in the relationship besides love. I think she was also dependent on him to video her and take pictures of her. This was a new "business" endeavor for her and she could not have done it by herself.

13. CrimeC243

CrimeC243 Active Member

14. Figuring

Figuring Well-Known Member

I agree, & don't want to derail the thread with my experiences but it's so important to stress how incremental DV is. It's works as slowly as water smoothing a rock. You end up completely unsure of every thought & feeling, & so when the physical things happen you are already primed to believe you caused it. Sometimes even accepting that feels strangely empowering in the moment, because you tell yourself that by accepting responsibility you can do "better" next time. It can, & does, happen to more people than we feel comfortable accepting IMO.

15. els

els Active Member

So, last night the playlist was still there. This evening (UK time) I noticed the title of it has been deleted. The songs are still there but the name for the playlist is gone. I don’t see how that could happen unless it was done by accident.

thunderstormdancer likes this.
  16. StarryNight

StarryNight Well-Known Member

It means "deleted by me."

17. Chelly

Chelly Well-Known Member

You must be thinking suicide. The action of killing oneself is not an easy thing to do. Any ideas about the means he'd use?

Bravo, Allabouttrial and LAhiker like this.
  18. Sassafrass

Sassafrass Well-Known Member

I'm 96% sure she was using the term casually, as people do. I wouldn't be surprised if he used it as an insult toward her either, turning a pretty typical heightened neatness (that she probably voiced toward him a lot) into something "defective" about her (in his/her mind).

Less likely she was clinically OCD.

19. verbonica

verbonica Well-Known Member

My guess would be dbm = deleted by me

20. Tigerlily75

Tigerlily75 Well-Known Member

Maybe they were so hung up on not showing gender bias that they created a whole new gender bias.

VanillaRose, janewall, Bravo and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.