WY WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

deleted by me - used to go back to an earlier comment you want to edit or delete but you can't delete the whole thing

Marg from Oz, Bravo and LAhiker like this.

2. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

She also blamed herself, which is typical for victims of abuse. IMO

3. Waddles

Waddles Well-Known Member

Deleted by me

Marg from Oz and Bravo like this.
  4. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

Is that a direct quote? I don't recall him saying that but maybe I missed it?

Marg from Oz, ShadyLady and MadMcGoo like this.
  5. sarahboirin

sarahboirin Rainbow Sleuth

But they did ask if either of them were on any medication.

6. Schmaley

Schmaley Active Member

Which is why I said "interviewed" not simple "a female officer should have been there"

7. samiam33

samiam33 Member

I'm surprised there aren't neighbors of the Laundries coming forward with footage from home surveillance cameras that can give an idea of Brian's comings and goings.

8. wolf88

wolf88 Active Member

They are usually financially controlling too, so no/ little access to money makes it hard to leave.

9. Keyedin

Keyedin Verified Paralegal

The family is originally from NY, I believe. There were reports that BL and GP were childhood sweethearts. Anyway, the attorney is in NY. So that's likely why he's holding it there.

10. AdahJo

AdahJo Well-Known Member

That's what I was wondering. Although if BL has never been named as an actual suspect, I suppose that the lawyer could say he's on vacation somewhere. He isnt breaking the law at this point to go anywhere he wants to, although that's remarkable to me.

11. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

she knew something as well.

Marg from Oz, rleigh123, d4j and 7 others like this.
  12. Diogenetic

Diogenetic Active Member

That looks to me like a vertical element, specifically a tree crossing the frame as the photographer moves somewhat laterally (in their RV or camper). I think that is appearance of door opening and closing cased by presence of vertical tree.

Marg from Oz and SUNchips like this.
  13. Figuring

Figuring Well-Known Member

I agree, & don't want to derail the thread with my experiences but it's so important to stress how incremental DV is. It's works as slowly as water smoothing a rock. You end up completely unsure of every thought & feeling, & so when the physical things happen you are already primed to believe you caused it. Sometimes even accepting that feels strangely empowering in the moment, because you tell yourself that by accepting responsibility you can do "better" next time. It can, & does, happen to more people than we feel comfortable accepting IMO.

Marg from Oz, d4j, kareylou and 11 others like this.
  14. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

Actually, LE asked the DV org that provided BL with a hotel room if they could do the same for Gabby. The answer was no, because she was deemed the aggressor.

Marg from Oz, Rhapfan and feralwriter like this.
  15. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

He definitely accused her of grabbing the steering wheel while he was speeding to make him stop for the cops. She looked puzzled when the cop asked her about that, and she said NO. I believe he was lying. In any case, it was her car and he was putting it and her in danger. He would not stop for the law, and if he had been in a city he could have lost his life for running from the law, at least charged with a felony. And somehow he blames Gabby for his reckless driving?

16. sun16

sun16 Well-Known Member

I’m afraid, if he’s not dead already, that he’s going to just claim they had a big fight, and he left her there, alive. Or she took off, and he looked for awhile but then gave up and left. Problem is, he could have easily said that if asked. Instead he’s hiding or killed himself. Not an excuse I know, but we’ll see what the autopsy says. Regardless, this looks very very bad for him.

17. BetzC

BetzC Well-Known Member

If it is determined the attorney and/or parents helped him evade prior to arrest warrant because they knew what happened ... is that just an "oh well" kind of thing? That seems crazy to me. And if they reported him missing but also provided him with resources to become "missing" I wonder if there is any recourse for that. If that's what took place... I have no solid proof just conjecture. If he's running, somebody has to be providing resources. Can the attorney do that, legally?

Marg from Oz, rkendmar and Mistree like this.
  18. CrimeC243

CrimeC243 Active Member

19. MLaps

MLaps Well-Known Member

To this day, what happened with my ex still takes a toll on the way that I am with my husband. I'll be out running errands and I will feel like I have to text him my whereabouts or over explain myself - and he doesn't ask me questions or ask me for information. It's just the lasting effects of what my ex did to me that has me behaving like this sometimes. I couldn't even go get my nails done without him driving past the nail salon to make sure I was there.

20. orchidaceaes

orchidaceaes Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.