WY WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkay

Arkay Well-Known Member

very common first name, short for Stanley. More of an older generation name. Until Eminem wrote “Stan” and it became shorthand for an obsessive fan, and a verb, to “Stan” someone.
    I agree Gabby wouldn’t refer to her grandfather by his first name.

ETA: thinking now of generational attitudes…IMO there was a sea change a generation or two ago with regards to physicality. I’m 64. When I was a child my parents certainly hit my sister and me when we misbehaved, sometimes with a shoe. I have great parents but that was the done thing at the time.

Now, it’s very different. I’ve had to call in the authorities when a student was hit by a parent (mandated reporter). It’s also cultural, because many children were from immigrant families that still adhere to corporal punishment.

Therefore, someone younger may have been more likely to call 911 if they witnessed a slapping incident between a male and female. Someone older or from a foreign culture may have considered it trivial.

Just speculating.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021

2. vanlifelady

vanlifelady Well-Known Member

I think he says “I can’t help that I have dirty feet” or something of that ilk.

ShadyLady likes this.
  3. jamicat

jamicat Well-Known Member

BL could be lying low with family friends. Glasses, lose the facial hair, let the head hair grow. Waiting to see how things shake out.

He could also be lying dead in those preserves.

A lot of that depends upon how proactive his parents were, and if they would outright lie. As despicable as their no talk stance has been, they consulted an expert in this sort of thing and did as he advised, and were well within legal bounds.

I wish we had a reliable time line on BL’s whereabouts from when he left Wyoming, one or two times. How and when did he leaveWyoming the first time, if he even did? When did the Laundries get that attorney?

4. MrX

MrX Well-Known Member

This seems to me to be similar to folks that have never seen an airplane landing light that isn't a flying saucer from Mars. I downloaded the video and put it in an Open Source application called "Virtual Dub" in order to look at it, frame by frame. There is an artifact in the video, most likely from compression, that is a small black line, that is the size of the door. The stills, that have been posted, show that line right where the door would be. Unfortunately, if you scrub the video back, and forth, the line moves and changes shape. What is concerning, is that the video goes from the bit with the "door" artifact, and then loses about 100 yards of driving, until the Bethune vehicle is right behind Gabby's van

5. CrimeC243

CrimeC243 Active Member

6. StarryNight

StarryNight Well-Known Member

I know exactly what you mean, unfortunately.

7. thor124

thor124 Active Member

SouthAussie, sds71, Rhapfan and 3 others like this.
  8. wolf88

wolf88 Active Member

Dr. Phil just started

9. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

10. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

I think they forgot to change the date on the witness signature line from the last time they used the file. The top of that page says September 15.

Sunny123, SouthAussie and rkendmar like this.
  11. Lexiintoronto

Lexiintoronto Well-Known Member

Brian Entin
    @BrianEntin

·
    6m

New info in search warrant docs: On Aug 27 – Gabby’s mom said she received an “odd text” from Gabby. It said: “Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls.” The reference to Stan was regarding her grandpa – but her mom said she never called him Stan.
    https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1440054968208138246?s=20

Brian Entin
    @BrianEntin

·
    8m

That was the last communication anyone had with Gabby, according to the search warrant.
    https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1440055182616772608?s=20

(BL, or possibly GP trying to send her mother a coded message that something was wrong?)

12. Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose Well-Known Member

I would be willing to bet that once or twice he said some thing about aren’t you a little OCD about this van being so clean? I’m sure when that was said to her she started using it to describe herself…a repetition of his words

VanillaRose, Pally, JayWill and 3 others like this.
  13. sarahboirin

sarahboirin Rainbow Sleuth

I think it would have been their son's 17th birthday, not the anniversary of his death.

Denniece, sds71, Arkay and 2 others like this.
  14. MLaps

MLaps Well-Known Member

Yes she could have. I believe in the body cam video she made a comment about how he said she couldn't do any of it.

dacjess, janewall, JayWill and 2 others like this.
  15. Figuring

Figuring Well-Known Member

Can anyone help me with a question?
    - What is the date/time the Red Blue Bethune family saw the van, vs. the date/time BL offered $200 for a ride? Just trying to pc together these 2 events... TIA!

charminglane and TexLil like this.
  16. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Oh I love this post. Powerful.

17. Fleur-de-lis

Fleur-de-lis Merrily we scroll along

I keep having to walk away from Gabby's story. But I'm livid. I'm livid because whether all the LE boosters like it or not, they messed up that DV investigation BIG TIME. I just saw the newly released 911 info on Fox and I'm so disgusted. Biases were at work! Yes, misogyny at work in subtle ways that are nonetheless very destructive and lead to BAD OUTCOMES. Everyone was saying, OH SHE HIT HIM. Well he, a much more powerful male, HIT HER, slapped her down the sidewalk.. Gabby Petito investigation: 911 call reveals Brian Laundrie seen hitting, 'slapping' her before disappearance

18. MLaps

MLaps Well-Known Member

The police may have asked them for their Ring footage, or something of the sort. But I believe after a few days that footage goes away.

Idon'tneedthesame, BetzC and LAhiker like this.
  19. ZoriahNZ

ZoriahNZ Well-Known Member

Did you notice how many times he said "she gets worked up"? Blamed the incident on little things like his dirty feet, flies etc. "She's just crazy" *chuckle*

He lies about how long they've been on the road trip. Lies about having a phone. Pretends the morning was fine. Minimalizes the incident so that she appears like she over-reacted.

As soon as she took the blame for him driving recklessly my hinky meter was going off.

"I distracted him..."

It's never his fault.

So freakin' obvious.

20. sasha17

sasha17 Curiouser & curiouser

I just came here to point out the same thing. I still had my Spotify account opened from last night when I was looking at their "self consumption" playlist. As of today, the title has been deleted. Their profile photo has also been deleted from the account. *Someone* who has access to their Spotify account had to have done that in the past ~14 hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.