Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police may have asked them for their Ring footage, or something of the sort. But I believe after a few days that footage goes away.
I can go back several weeks with mine. I’m not sure if everyone’s settings are different.

Also, LE knows that sometime eye witnesses have conflicting stories. So, they could not completely count on the phone call they got when three other people recounted a different account. Also, physical evidence supported Chris, Brain and Gabby.

Three?
Do you mean…
— Gabby, who knew what she’d have to endure later if she told everything
— BL, the person likely abusing her
— The police officer who obviously favored BL’s story

jmo

~Hi all, thanks again for all the info and the amazing work of the ppl behind this great forum!~ Perhaps the external drive was used as a back up for the vlogs/blogs/IM-posts and was hidden in the van to secure the data on it. I am doing the same thing when on the road, making a copy of my work files on a external drife and hiding it, just in case my laptop gets stolen or breaks down.

My husband works in IT and said, "For argument's sake, let's say you throw a laptop out that you don't want anymore and the hard drive is indeed still in there. Someone can snatch up your laptop, remove the hard drive and turn it into an external hard drive to connect to their own laptop and get a lot off of that hard drive that you wouldn't want put out there." He's removed a hard drive from an old laptop of his that was no longer working and destroyed the pins on it so it was unreadable.

So it's safe to say that if there is anything on that laptop and it's Gabby's...there's a lot to be found. Especially if the hard drive is still in there and intact.

I asked a friend that has Ring about that. She pays a monthly fee for the service and all footage can be retrieved!
That's great to know! I don't have one (yet) so I wasn't completely sure. It could be those CCTV security footage cameras at gated communities where the footage expires. This was the case with the Elaine Park disappearance.

Actually, I think that's typical of people in a relationship that they want to keep. If it was a parent and adult child, two friends, whatever: if you tell a police officer the other person assaulted you, the relationship is going to be seriously damaged.
According to the DV counselor from the FOX 13 article, it's very typical for victims of abuse. Gabby took most of the responsibility for what happened while Brian took very little. IMO

Question:

If a person is considered missing and a person of interest (not fully a suspect) does their lawyer have to disclose their location to police?

Could BL have gone back to NY, hence why his lawyer is holding a presser from there tomorrow?
I've been wondering why the Laundrie lawyer presser is being held in NY. Maybe BL is in NY and lawyer will announce BL is turning himself in.

So it appears LE has been taking the possible Alabama sighting seriously. How many miles does that cover? 600 or so? It's frightening to think he could be anywhere. I do hope the sighting was a true positive and gives them clues as to where he might head next.

This helpful video (by someone other than the Bethune family) addresses that issue. I am convinced that someone actually closed the door to the van while the Bethunes drove by.

JMO
Yeah well I am counting the number of trees as appear to move laterally due to relative movement of camera mounted on the moving vehicle and lets say I am not convinced. If you simply hold your fingernail over some of those trees they are moving laterally despite being affixed to the ground.
When you are targeting something from a moving platform, unless you are closing at a bearing of 0 degrees they are going to move laterally

Any thoughts or speculation as to what Laundrie’s family lawyer might say at his client-less press conference tomorrow?

Honestly if BL was smart he would have driven that van to an out-of-the-way airport and left the country. Driving back to his parents house just involves his parents in his crime. That's why I can't imagine he's this sophisticated criminal that will be able to evade LE all that long.

Agreed.

So far we have witnessed an immature panicked brain that hasn’t helped BL at all.

If BL’s first instinct was to run home to mommy and daddy when things went bad, I can’t believe he has the ability to support himself and make decisions for himself. He NEEDS mommy and daddy.

IF the Laundrie’s are facing charges, their ability to assist their son while he’s on the lam is going to be severely restricted if not even impossible.

Without help, BL can’t go it alone in my opinion.

Last edited:
Updated the map again with info about where the van's plate was read in North Port on Sep 1. The distance from the campground to that spot is 2,371 mi (1 day, 10 hours, 44 minutes driving straight), so the absolute latest the van could have left the campground (not factoring gas/bathroom breaks) is late evening on Monday, Aug 30.

(feel free to check my math!)

Yes, I've stated that numerous times. However, that 911 call was just released TODAY. That 911 call does not gel with the police reports NOR the uncut bodycam footage of the stop. In all of the reports and in the video, they clearly stated numerous times that Gabby was the aggressor and she could be charged with DV

How did a 911 call which CLEARLY stated the male was abusing the female turn into what we saw on the video and the reports?

IMO they either didn’t hear it beforehand or ignored it. And abusers have a sixth sense about what they need to say to cover their tracks. Plus, Gabby was obviously upset and crying and he remained pretty calm so, to them, I think he seemed more reliable.

But if we listen to everything he said and watch his actions it’s obvious. At least it was to me from the very beginning.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members