Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samsmom

samsmom Well-Known Member

Whew. Another day with not much answers. I found a couple of good media outlets, thanks to you fellow sleuthers. IMO.

That’s all, thanks to everyone for keeping the light on for Gabby. I like to think she had a small part in steering SM towards her.

Blue Amethyst and carbuff like this.

2. rleigh123

rleigh123 Well-Known Member

That bodycam footage is heartbreaking, especially knowing what we now know, and when realizing what the footage shows about their dynamics.
    I keep thinking what it must've been like for her living with the three of them and how it affected her.

3. ButForFortune

ButForFortune Well-Known Member

I wonder if "Stan" was a safe word set up previously with her family.

4. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

is Chris the 911 caller? cause the 911 caller said the male slapped and hit the female

Blue Amethyst likes this.
  5. Lexiintoronto

Lexiintoronto Well-Known Member

My guess is a boilerplate with no substance: ‘We loved Gabby…condolences to her family…we are just as in the dark about the circumstances as everyone else is…we ask for our son to come home…please respect our privacy. No questions, thank you.’

6. sasha17

sasha17 Curiouser & curiouser

I would imagine he was in a panic and wanted to get back home ASAP. He also may not have been thinking clearly. Certainly it seems he was not in a mindset where he was making good decisions. MOO

Blue Amethyst, borndem, ctmom and 2 others like this.
  7. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

Even before one gets to DV & not taking responsibility. The van was hers. The idea for building a SM lifestyle was hers. She did the SM work. She had the friends. She had parents who loved her & supported her. She had dreams & hopes & was brave enough to be acting on them. He had his plants & parents who enabled him possibly to his literal death. I'm thinking what she thought was his love was more aptly described as vampirism.

8. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

As in his parents knew he was going to commit murder or......?

9. isrod

isrod Well-Known Member

I can't help but wonder did the DV org that paid for Brian's hotel room have any kind of follow up with him about the incident? I know when I went through a DV incident, the org that helped me was with me every step of the way. There has to be some record of that follow up, who knows maybe Brian was counseled/advised to separate for the time being from Gabbie and that's why he went back home to supposedly move stuff out of storage? That was such a strange trip.. Maybe he had made a decision to leave? Or she did? And then being together until they made that break escalated tensions? So many unanswered questions. All I know is that I was told and have read that leaving from a DV situation is usually the most dangerous time. That's when most victims die.

10. heartgoesout

heartgoesout Well-Known Member

I can't keep up! Can someone explain what type of hard drive was found? Thx!
    Was it a laptop?

MadMcGoo likes this.
  11. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

Who may have only seen a portion of the event and was not interested enough to call it in.

jmo

12. zucchinibread

zucchinibread Well-Known Member

That makes no sense. Then the mother would know that she was asking for help. She is saying that she knows it not Gabby because in no circumstance would Gabby be calling her grandfather Stan.

13. Chelly

Chelly Always Remember Teghan Skiba

Agree. Easiest way.

14. Diogenetic

Diogenetic Well-Known Member

I believe there is a witness "Chris" who had not personal relationship and therefore would be considered least biased and most credible.

That does not mean that Brian was not a 24/7 mental abuser and occasional physical abuser (and murderer) . But if we are discussing what the cops at that stop had -- what would be the most credible witness.

They are not favoring Brians story, but that of the independent witness.

That is not the indicator of bias. The indicator of bias is the stepford wives projection the initial officer displays at the end when he has Brian in the car. That is what I find troubling.

15. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Good post, @kittythehare -- it just makes me wanna scream. That pretty, talented young woman. IMO, I think he may have enjoyed "playing with" her mind -- simply because he could. We have seen that here before in other WS cases, and it is a very cruel thing to do -- especially to a young, hopeful and trusting young woman, IMO.

<modsnip> I think we can rule out natural causes, although that is the way it is usually stated (as you wrote above -- murder or misadventure) since we do not yet know COD. Good write-up -- thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2021
    ctmom, NoeticSoul, Bravo and 6 others like this.
  16. CrimeC243

CrimeC243 Active Member

17. The Handyman

The Handyman Well-Known Member

Lol, no idea. This BL dude couldn't get a fair trial anywhere in the country, quite frankly. Gonna be one heck of a jury selection process.

Jax49, Kapua, thor124 and 5 others like this.
  18. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, he was reportedly jealous and controlling, too! Poor Gabby. I can't imagine what her last days were like with him.

19. Caring4Many

Caring4Many Verified Insider-Rose Marie Gayhart Case

“We leased her a Nissan Sentra” so she didn’t own it?

forgetmenot likes this.
  20. Yogi6969

Yogi6969 New Member

It’s at least a 2 day straight drive

Quiche, ctmom and Shear22 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.