Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolf88

wolf88 Active Member

2. els

els Active Member

Another perspective - I have a MacBook Air and the internal hard drive is miniature because they are pushing you to using iCloud instead. I have a big (Terabytes, not physically) external hard drive I use plugged into via USB for anything beyond using the web. All my photos and videos have to go on it or I would have to pay for extra iCloud space and hope I always have wifi to access them. If Gabby had a MacBook or a notepad with tiny storage it would make perfect sense for her to have an external hard drive that she puts video and pics on so she has the space.

LAhiker, dacjess, thor124 and 14 others like this.
  3. Eli9

Eli9 Well-Known Member

4. BetzC

BetzC Well-Known Member

This is why I have 3 inoperable laptops sitting in a closet taking up space. LOL!

5. sasha17

sasha17 Curiouser & curiouser

You're right. Either there's a mistake in the search warrant or a mistake in what Gabby's family's attorney said.

""No service in Yosemite," read the last text from Petito's phone to her mom, Nichole Schmidt, on August 30, attorney Richard Stafford confirmed."
    Gabby Petito's mother says her last text said there was 'no service in Yosemite' - but she doesn't believe it was from her daughter

6. Cedar Sherwood

Cedar Sherwood Former Member

I see the rough patches here in these discussion threads, and some heated exchanges. It happens, and I've participated in a few myself. But as a new member I'm seeing a tremendous amount of respect and care shown to each other as we pursue this case.

I can see why so many of you have been on Websleuths for years and why some of you probably even live here.

:)

LAhiker, Mauig’ma, SMK777 and 27 others like this.
  7. Grungster

Grungster Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think Brian was an abusive boyfriend who controlled Gabby. I think that Gabby was the one being attacked and that Brian used the scratches he got from her being defensive as an excuse. I believe Gabby may have been so scared of him that she didn’t expose Brian.

Who knows what happened, but I think we all believe the same thing. This is heartbreaking.

VanillaRose, LAhiker, SMK777 and 18 others like this.
  8. Lexiintoronto

Lexiintoronto Well-Known Member

‘The search warrant was signed to allow detectives from the North Port Police Department to examine an external hard drive currently located at the North Port Police Department’s evidence locker.”

More details in article: Gabby Petito investigation: North Port police search warrant provides new details

9. Caring4Many

Caring4Many Verified Insider-Rose Marie Gayhart Case

Oh my goodness, this Dr Phil show is killing me. Around the 20 min mark Gabby’s dad talks about finding out that BL isn’t talking. Said he was screaming and inconsolable. Said that he was 20 when she was born and she saved his life. That he was doing down the wrong path before her. It’s hard to not lose it hearing him talk. I also was his age when my oldest was born, his birth made my life and family what it is today. As if this couldn’t be any more real. This poor family, I wish I knew their heartbreak would ease from here but sadly I think this only the beginning, they can’t even start to heal until they find BL and are able to get some Justice for her.

NoSI, PhoneJockey, TRB and 37 others like this.
  10. wnk

wnk Well-Known Member

I assumed it meant an external hard drive - ie a backup storage device. They're really good for when you're editing photos or videos, because those files are SO huge that you don't necessarily want to keep all the raw footage on your laptop if you're switching between devices, and you'd be able to access the files then even if you don't have WiFi.

11. staunchcharacter

staunchcharacter spread love wherever you go

In my experience, young people will sometimes refer to older family members using their first name when talking to each other.

Such as “Stan called four times today. He wants to know if he needs a disc to install Facebook.” Used especially if the first name indicates an older age (so like Mildred or Stan) or “personality type” (think the Karen trend). She may have used “Stan” when she talked about her grandfather to Brian but wouldn’t say the same to her mom.

MOO

12. orchidaceaes

orchidaceaes Well-Known Member

You can buy external hard drives that you then hook up to your laptop or pc to transfer data so your main computer isn't full. a lot of YouTubers have them to store big video files. This one seems popular.

13. thunderstormdancer

thunderstormdancer Member

LISTEN: 911 caller describes Brian Laundrie slapping Gabby Petito in Moab weeks before disappearance | ABC4 Utah

Actually Chris or Christopher who made the call ONLY reported Brian hitting Gabby. Not once did he mention her being the aggressor. The narrative that Gabby was the aggressor came from Brian's conversation with the police and them being totally dismissive of the reports of Brian's physical aggression towards Gabby.

14. Mmaaix

Mmaaix Well-Known Member

Does someone have a Picture of the playlist from Spotify before it was changed

15. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

to get home to mommy and daddy before Gabby"s Daddy figured anything out was could be waiting on him...IMO

LAhiker, Blue Amethyst, Bravo and 3 others like this.
  16. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

Brian reporting that LE went into that camper in the driveway today. For anyone asking earlier.

17. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

An external hard drive. It makes sense for gabby to have had one given she was making content for her social media. High quality videos and photos would take up a lot of storage space on her computer.

18. verbonica

verbonica Well-Known Member

"Yosemite"? Why would they say that? They were going to Yellowstone.

forgetmenot likes this.
  19. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

Wanting to be visible to multiple states' worth of LE for the least amount of time, since he was driving a van titled to someone else, who couldn't be contacted.

VanillaRose, LAhiker and orchidaceaes like this.
  20. Windsorite

Windsorite Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.