Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chelly

Chelly Always Remember Teghan Skiba

Excellent photography. You can definitely see that van door closing as well as the sandals on ground outside door. Must have been Gabby in there.

2. rgreene

rgreene Well-Known Member

Just some thoughts and speculation...Some abusers use long, systematic patterns of abuse, even if it is not physical, but emotional, and the abused will often feel and believe that everything is their own fault. I wonder if BL used the " I'm going to leave you." threat a lot. Perhaps, he took her van (didn't fly) in SLC and she was left in the hotel without wanting to tell her parents the whole story. She has said that she is anxious and the threat of being left, especially somewhere unfamiliar, could be torture to her. BL threatened to leave her in Moab and locked her out. Perhaps she was afraid of being left in Grand Teton and she grabbed onto the van and fell hitting her head or got run over. Also, if she got fed up and told him she had enough and it was over; it could have infuriated him and perhaps he shook her hard which can cause death. An abuser who always threatens to leave is not going to permanently leave and will make sure that their partner does not leave, usually by any means necessary. Tragicallymshe is left all alone again, vulnerable to animals and the elements in Wyoming.

Gabby, our thoughts are with you and you deserved so much more than you received. I am glad you grew up with a loving, supportive family and I am so sorry your joyful life was cut short. Rest in peace

3. FNG

FNG Here For Justice

4. JediChick

JediChick Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. Both my husband and I have our parents and grandparents listed in our phones by their first and last names, as do some of our friends for their parents/etc. Maybe it's not super common, but I wouldn't call it rare.

5. Vegasgrl

Vegasgrl Well-Known Member

Maybe, but when driving through the deep south in August there are a million bugs and little frogs (and probably other things) that stick to the car like glue.

IHAVENOCLUE and gliving like this.
  6. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

Wow, that's a lot of evidence LE is carrying out! Plus they towed the Mustang. We know the house isn't a crime scene so what do y'all think LE is taking away? Probably electronic equipment but what else??

As an aside, my husband doesn't follow cases like I do but he's aware of a few, Gabby's being one. When I told him that the body found yesterday was most likely hers, the first thing he said was LE must have had a specific lead. He thought someone must have talked. I dunno.

7. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

So #8 establishes 9/1 10:xx am from a license plate reader. Wonder who was driving.

8. AdahJo

AdahJo Well-Known Member

9. rougeforces

rougeforces Well-Known Member

This was the search warrant for the 16th. It's not the new FBI warrant, correct?

10. pizzaman12

pizzaman12 Well-Known Member

I know. Gabby's mom is going to have to get a phone number

Tellyties, Kystarrk, CGVA and 6 others like this.
  11. sarahboirin

sarahboirin Verified Crafter

As per the search warrant:

Gabby's Ford van entered the City of North Port on Sept 1st 2021 at approx 10:26 am per a license plate reader at the exit of Interstate 75

jash, IHAVENOCLUE, scmom and 9 others like this.
  12. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

I think they found her because of the Youtuber video placing her van in a specific location and the help of SAR teams.

13. rougeforces

rougeforces Well-Known Member

I have been waiting to find out how they new that. This is a big relief for me. Now we could potentially back track to see when that van would have left the camp site given the amount of time it takes to drive perhaps straight thru only stopping for gas.

ChiCubs2016, Midori_Azul and gliving like this.
  14. MollyDDD

MollyDDD Well-Known Member

And it breaks my heart. She had no one to turn to and he had all of the control. THIS should never had happened in 2021!

15. DCinga

DCinga Active Member

I once doubted it myself until I watched it on a larger screen...it certainly closes. No doubt in my mind.

16. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

Watch the body cam video. Her uniform and badges clearly show she’s a park ranger.
    So is the guy taking to Brian with the scarf face mask. They are not LE.

17. ninvestigate

ninvestigate Well-Known Member

There was a female officer at the scene.

Lillymac and Newsjunkiejen like this.
  18. Caring4Many

Caring4Many Verified Insider-Rose Marie Gayhart Case

19. jjonez

jjonez Well-Known Member

My livestreams also ended. I found one at foxnews.com/live-news/gabby-petito-search-intensifies-for-Brian -laundrie

ChiCubs2016 likes this.
  20. Shear22

Shear22 Well-Known Member

Wow. The morning of September 1. I had been assuming it was late evening. That does make a tight timeline for getting back from WY. And I'm even more anxious to get info on where that August 30 text pinged from.

IHAVENOCLUE, scmom, Tutter and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.