Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. penguinface

penguinface Well-Known Member

I think it’s Gabby’s former phone number, not her mother’s.

2. NCHydrangea

NCHydrangea Well-Known Member

It was doing the same for me, but is fine right now.

3. sleepysleuth

sleepysleuth Well-Known Member

So according to the search warrant, they know the van returned to North Port, FL on September 1, at approximately 10:26A.M. because it was clocked on a license plate reader on I-75. Does this necessarily prove that Brian was the driver? Would the video from the license plate reader show the occupants of the vehicle?

4. ogrechan

ogrechan Member

From my understanding this is a warrant to search the contents of a hard drive that was already found inside the van, not a warrant to search an address FOR a hard drive. LE in many areas are not automatically permitted to access the contents of electronics. This warrant is for the files on a hard drive, not the parents' home being searched right now.

5. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

6. Skigirl

Skigirl Verified expert in neuroscience

No. This was a park ranger. If you look at the video, it is very clear because you can read her badge and her uniform is a different color. The police report lists the officers at the scene. No women.

Laughing, CGVA, SuperTmo and 2 others like this.
  7. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

upload_2021-9-20_15-5-42.jpeg The area is a popular undeveloped boondocking site, where a hunter and at least two sets of travelers in the area reported sightings between Aug. 27 and Aug. 29 of Petito’s small, white 2012 Ford Transit van with Florida plates.

The FBI is still requesting information from anybody who may have seen Petito, Laundrie or their van between Aug. 27 and Aug. 30. Tips and reports can be submitted to FBI - Tips, the main FBI tip line at 1-800-225-5324 or the Denver FBI Office at 303-629-7171.
    Petito investigation turns to cause of death and confirming identify of remains

TennesseeGal, TRB, Laughing and 7 others like this.
  8. ogrechan

ogrechan Member

No - automatic number plate recognition cameras read the VRM of the vehicle and store it. There will be an image but generally they're not of great quality for that kind of identification since they are designed to read the plate.

9. ninvestigate

ninvestigate Well-Known Member

I think you bring a great point up. Also, this case and its twists and turns, nothing is or was as it seemed. We still can't make sense of it right now, and I think those officers (particularly the softer-spoken one whose camera footage was first released) tried the best with the (faulty) information that they had. They had to act within the scope of the law, and the scope of information they had and were given.

I sincerely hope this stop is analyzed and addressed by academics and professionals in LE and psychology and DV and whatever else -- so similar signs can be identified and handled better from here on out.

ms.esquire, Laughing, rgreene and 5 others like this.
  10. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

11. heli

heli Well-Known Member

Body in Alabama is a homeless man Wfla reported

IHAVENOCLUE, Quiche, Breathe and 2 others like this.
  12. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

Park a
    Park Rangers are absolutely federal law enforcement officers.

13. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Well, it's like this, Gabby is dead.
    Now we do not have a Cause of Death or Manner of Death and as of now we do not actually know whether she was murdered or died of natural causes.

That makes her a victim of murder or misadventure.
    We know today that a larger human, a male was seen 'slapping' her.
    It looked to me like he was winding her up- bringing about her hysterical state, pulling the rug from under her feet so she lost a sense of what was real and what was in her imagination.
    She could no longer tell.
    Probably had a huge sense of denial going on at the same time, cognitive dissonance- 'this can't be really happening' but it was- happening to her and happening to her dream career as well.
    She appeared to internalise it.
    Maybe she felt she could control it better that was- if it was all HER fault, she was, somehow, less of a victim, not a victim at all.. just a tad OCD-ish or whatever label was cast upon her at any given time. By her partner.

I think she wanted to be happy. With him.
    RIP girl.
    Al of the above is merely my own opinion based on the bodycam vids, mostly.

14. MLaps

MLaps Well-Known Member

One thing that just sticks out to me - Gabby was missing for 10 days and the Laundrie's said nothing. Brian was missing three days and they report it. Hm.

15. BuckeyeGal

BuckeyeGal Well-Known Member

Would the license plate reader have been able to see who was driving the van on Sept. 1st?

IHAVENOCLUE and Caring4Many like this.
  16. Lillymac

Lillymac On Time Out

Park rangers are peace officers and have very
    Not to belabor the point, but Park Rangers are pretty much equal to LE. You can Google it and get lots of info about them.

Elmatadorzgrl, Quiche, Jscre and 9 others like this.
  17. AdahJo

AdahJo Well-Known Member

So does that mean that the park ranger stop is not related to the 911 call that relates to him chasing her down the sidewalk? Surely a 911 call would go to the police department, not to park rangers?

IHAVENOCLUE, JayWill and TexLil like this.
  18. MLaps

MLaps Well-Known Member

One thing that just sticks out to me - Gabby was missing for 10 days and the Laundries said nothing. Brian was missing three days and they report it. Hm.

19. MysteryMama

MysteryMama Well-Known Member

Oh, when did they execute this one? Thank you!

HutchTX1026 and TexLil like this.
  20. sleepysleuth

sleepysleuth Well-Known Member

I could be mistaken, but I believe the sole purpose of this search warrant was to be able to search the external hard drive found in the van. I assume there is a separate warrant that was issued today on the Laundrie home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.