Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CHEL

CHEL Well-Known Member

What of anything that has been posted here or elsewhere has made you feel like she ran off with someone else?

2. wary

wary Well-Known Member

https://mobile.twitter.com/kkuizon/status/1438207512684212229/photo/1

See the first paragraph, by Officer Eric Pratt, near the bottom. He says that although neither Gabby or her boyfriend wish to be separated, (for the night, I assume,) that’s what Officer Robbins requires, “in lieu of making a case against Gabbie for domestic assault.” He then continues with an explanation of why he doesn’t think that that is necessary.

ChiCubs2016, RIPRM, AnnaGrace and 8 others like this.
  3. hey-Debbie

hey-Debbie Well-Known Member

Maybe they didn't make up the day after the fight and it got worse. He decided to fly home and then they made up and he went back out there. Then another fight happened. Still wondering if there was a round trip ticket purchased or a one way both ways.

4. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Chief with some fighting words for BL’s attorney.

Mr. Steven Bertolino, esq. the @NorthPortPolice needs your help in finding Gabby Petito. Please call us to arrange a conversation with Brian Laundrie. Two people left on a trip and one person returned! #wheresgabby #FindGabby #fbitampa #gabbypetito

https://twitter.com/nppdpolicechief/status/1438242034775732236?s=21

5. Elhe

Elhe Well-Known Member

That was in response to someone else's comment regarding the police report. She didn't scratch him in self defense, in that instance, they were trying to determine whether she tried to hurt him intentionally.

6. Schmaley

Schmaley Active Member

This was in one of the articles posted earlier. I tried to find it but there are so many. But he apparently left Gabby at a hotel so he could clear out their storage unit and move things into his parents house. If they were running low on money-paying for a storage unit seems like a bad idea if he could just as easily store it for free somewhere else. It does seem odd that he wouldnt take her back with him. If for nothing else, but the extra hands to help. I think their relationship was falling apart and his trip home was about more than the storage unit (maybe he needed a break from the nomadic life). My speculation only.

7. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

It was GP’s word against BL’s people have reported him as controlling and narcissistic she could have said it was her fault in order for him not to go off on her by making him more mad later if she said it was really him.

Chris the witness who called to report said it looked like BL was the aggressor

Ssdgm2021, Sweetnlo, Shire and 20 others like this.
  8. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Then we're on the same page. He can speak and chooses not to, on advice of his lawyer. But no one has a gag on him.

Which facts lead you to think that Gabby suddenly met and ran off with someone else, having put up with BL for so long already?

Are you positing that she ran off with a solo tourist/traveler - or that she met a local? Nothing in Gabby's history makes her seem that impulsive. And why hasn't she contacted her parents? She doesn't have to tell them she ran off with someone - there's now a nationwide search for her and lots of resources at play.

Why you think her character is so poor...mystifies me.

Bogbean, ChiCubs2016, TRB and 23 others like this.
  9. Misy

Misy Well-Known Member

Terrifying.

10. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

It is in the media thread. I am busy for the next little while and post it if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

ChiCubs2016, BeckyF, BetzC and 3 others like this.
  11. hey-Debbie

hey-Debbie Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree with a lot you've said, but he came back with the van. The van was hers. That's probably why the cop had him stay at a hotel since she owned the van and it was reported she was the aggressor.

12. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

We have some awesome chiefs down here...
    JMO

13. merrymary

merrymary Well-Known Member

ChiCubs2016, ctmom and 10ofRods like this.
  14. wary

wary Well-Known Member

But I doubt that he’d take an Uber to go murder a couple of strangers. Has that ever been done?

15. LeeJay55

LeeJay55 Well-Known Member

Maybe he's a family.friend?

16. bunhead

bunhead Member

The police report does say at the end that they each had their own phone when they went their separate ways the night of Aug 12

17. wary

wary Well-Known Member

It came from Gabby’s step uncle, printed in the Daily Mail.

ChiCubs2016, sds71, bestill and 2 others like this.
  18. ExitMusic

ExitMusic Well-Known Member

I can’t shake the feeling that this case is going to turn out differently than we are all speculating. Whatever the outcome, I hope they find Gabby soon.

Kasmeer, TheRaven, BetzC and 28 others like this.
  19. Auntie Cipation

Auntie Cipation Context Matters.

as @MassGuy said, the phone records will be telling.

In particular I'd like to know if GP and BL were communicating during his "storage run" to Florida, and whether texts were friendly and reconciliatory. And, of course, whether her phone was located in UT while this was happening. MOO

20. gliving

gliving Woof

Woody's Tavern official Facebook page has a post about the night the ladies were there:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.