Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schmaley

Schmaley Active Member

If this were the case, she likely would have turned up by now. JMO.

2. Elhe

Elhe Well-Known Member

Yes, absolutely a horrible person right now. I just think it's a matter of time for Brian and his parents. Three people know something, it might be helpful, it might not; but it's clearly serious enough that they think this the best course of action when someone they've lived with and loved goes missing.

3. esayer

esayer On Time Out

She is the one missing.

ChiCubs2016, abr, LeeAnnB and 3 others like this.
  4. GRT

GRT Well-Known Member

That's an intriguing theory and it makes better sense than buying an expensive round-trip ticket just to move things from a storage locker. Even if they paid by the year, it seems as though the flight would have cost more. I would think cameras at the storage unit would reveal whether that's true.

5. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

He could still meet LE with his lawyer I’ve seen it happen many times during interrogations. This leads me to believe he is guilty of some wrong doing IMHO

ChiCubs2016, abr, LeeAnnB and 9 others like this.
  6. chupacabra

chupacabra Well-Known Member

Pretty much any police officer (or lawyer) would tell you: Never say anything to a police officer.

ChiCubs2016, dcfi224, rypj84 and 7 others like this.
  7. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

My point was transportation is not an issue there. Young people wander around meeting new people at all hours. Especially those in the service industry. The bars close and they find out where the party is. How do you know that the two victims didn't run into BL and things went worse from there. Do we know where precisely Gabby was until the next day for that matter? There is a large amount of people with no cars there and they hit up strangers for rides. They even let them crash on their couches. There usually isn't a problem. But certainly you can see how it can go bad?

Occula, Picklepuck, esayer and 4 others like this.
  8. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

I wonder if he took the keys with him . IMO

Adding: I'm playing catch up so if that was mentioned I apologize.

Picklepuck and CHEL like this.
  9. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

The request made by one of the News Stations was formally denied citing standard statutes to protect the integrity of the ongoing investigation. Tweeted upthread.

abr, Veronica Sawyer, cuffem and 3 others like this.
  10. BluesClues0

BluesClues0 Former Member

He doesn't look like a murderer. He has no choice but to stay out of view. I suspect he's told LE everything he knows. It's not good enough for the her parents because they still don't know where she is, but I suspect he doesn't know either. All the conjectures here are reasonable but at the end of the day, I doubt it's going to be him. It reminds me of the Leanne Bearden case a few years ago. She disappeared. Everyone thought it was the hubby. He would do interviews and everyone would tear him apart. Oh, he looks like he's lying, he sounds like he's lying. Maybe he just is heartbroken. Leanne walked out and killed herself. Unfortunately, those things happen, more so than someone being killed.

My guess, gabby walked out on him. They were arguing. That much has been established. Again, my guess, he expected her to be back in a half hour. She didn't come back. He didn't know what to do. He's heart sick. Look at the video, he really looks like he loves her and is not particularly controlling. Just a guy in love with his girlfriend. So thinking, he left her there, or stole her van, is probably off the mark. I believe she left after an argument and left him there. And no matter what you do in that situation, the boyfriend is going to look suspicious.

I hope she's safe and I hope we can close this chapter. This is the kind of case that we have to let LE do their job. Start by interviewing everyone else at the campground. I'm sure they have records of folks who left. And search the area extensively. In this case though, foul play is probably not the answer.

11. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

Last thought for a while because I have to go back to work, but it would be a cold day in a hot place before I would let ANYONE take MY vehicle anywhere without me being in it. Although, honestly, there was one time in my younger days when I did so... and regretted it. JMHO

12. CHEL

CHEL Well-Known Member

I've thought this as well.

ChiCubs2016, abr, Picklepuck and 2 others like this.
  13. wary

wary Well-Known Member

Actually, I think this might be his first serious criminal case since his law school class covered the Miranda decision.

Notice where he says: “regardless of whether my client had anything to do with Ms Petito’s disappearance.” He’s covering his bases, but it doesn’t say much about his confidence in his client.

MOO

14. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

What? We are talking Moab. Their are uber's there I have taken them! And I live in Salt lake City.

15. Windsorite

Windsorite Well-Known Member

Because a good lawyer would instruct you to hire the best damn criminal defense lawyer
    you can afford when Criminal law is not their specialization.

16. Alpine

Alpine Active Member

This is certainly plausible, but we don't know if she was in fact bipolar. The police report was heavily redacted and the family and law enforcement have not disclosed any known mental health conditions and when asked, BL said neither of them were being medicated.

That's not to say she wasn't bipolar, but I think a lot of the circumstances in this case point more towards relationship frustrations due to living in close quarters for an extended period of time.

Of course, this is all my own opinion, and as the case moves forward we may be made more aware of potential health issues that may have played a part.

All aside though, this scenario still doesn't explain the behaviour of BL and his refusal to cooperate in the investigation and the search for GP

Sweetnlo, ChiCubs2016, 24Brix and 4 others like this.
  17. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

18. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

And I’d be open to that something here, if not for the stunning behavior of the boyfriend.

The most sympathetic narrative is that he didn’t contact local law enforcement, just left her all the way across the country, drove home, cut off contact with her parents, didn’t report her missing, lawyered up, and won’t tell law enforcement where she is.

I don’t see any of that happening in a suicide scenario.

A lot of parents in this situation say something to the effect of “not knowing is the worst part.”

He could easily rectify that.

19. GRT

GRT Well-Known Member

Right, and that's what his attorney is saying too:

"In my experience, intimate partners are often the first person law enforcement focuses their attention on in cases like this and the warning that 'any statement made will be used against you' is true, regardless of whether my client had anything to do with Ms. Petito's disappearance," the statement from attorney Steven Bertolino said. "As such, on the advice of counsel, Mr. Laundrie is not speaking on this matter."

20. Ajs1004

Ajs1004 Well-Known Member

I have a hard time believing she was just left on the side of the road by him. Even so, she could have found a way to call someone that she knew. I’m sure a public place would allow her to use the phone to at least call the police. Or she could have found a park ranger to help her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.