Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawberry

strawberry Well-Known Member

I'm sure there are. It took 18 years to find John List....

SUNchips, Cindizzi, sds71 and 2 others like this.

2. lab.tx

lab.tx Well-Known Member

Yes I watched it all, over and over its a great teaching tool for many. Although they were separated, the abuser was still around at one point they even sat BL on a curb, Gabby could still see him from the vehicle she was placed in. Victims will do everything possible to be cautious of their actions around the abuser. BL's first question was "so did you talk to Gabby" fishing for anything she may have told them. They even had a female Officer talk to Gabby, although it may have looked like a safe spot to the regular citizen, it was not for a victim of domestic abuse.

Because BL had the physical scratches on his face, he was sent to the "Safe Hotel" for the evening - listen to the words of the 911 caller and look at the police interaction with BL smiling and laughing. If Brian slapped Gabby in public on a Main Street imagine what he was capable of doing when no one was looking. How safe do you think Gabby felt at that moment? Teaching Moments for all!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    HoneySugar, Megnut, SUNchips and 10 others like this.
  3. MLaps

MLaps Well-Known Member

My opinion is that there was a lot of things the FBI found throughout the course of the day - could have been through the house search, other evidence, etc. They relayed this to the attorney and advised him to cancel the press conference. JMO.

SuziQ, Turkeytrot, ThoughtFox and 5 others like this.
  4. sunrider

sunrider Well-Known Member

I think after the FBI search warrant experience today, the Laundrie’s finally broke down and hired a Florida criminal lawyer, making this attorney’s presser moot. MOO

5. ThoughtFox

ThoughtFox Expecting the Unexpected

He was texting while pretending to be Gabby to her mother using her phone! No way to explain that. If he had the phone, where was she?

If he can explain it all away, why is he hiding right now? Why not explain and come clean if it's all so innocent. And why was Gabby buried near the van's parking place? If he could explain that he wouldn't need to run away. He is displaying consciousness of guilt right now.

At this point we are way beyond the simple explanation stage. That may have worked without a crime scene or a body, but not anymore.

SUNchips, MsBetsy, DebbieinMD and 2 others like this.
  6. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

They did not conceal the white van in the garage. That garage couldn't fit as much as a wheelbarrow, it is jam packed. Photos here earlier this evening from European Herald tribune link that somebody kindly supplied.

I think the garage showing the vehicle is a LE garage.

7. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

8. terrypla

terrypla Active Member

Maybe if they would have sent her to the shelter, she'd be alive today. Maybe just maybe someone there would have talked to her and let her know that she WAS the victim of DV. If only we could go back in time.

SUNchips, Midgie2, ThoughtFox and 4 others like this.
  9. Seabunny

Seabunny Well-Known Member

Wasn't the interview before she was found? I'm not sure, but he doesn't seem particularly devastated in the interview. I think he was calling him Brianne since the beginning of their relationship as a joke, but also to let him know he has a thumb on him. Ultimately though...ugh.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2021
    kittythehare and mlhenn like this.
  10. IzzyBlanche

IzzyBlanche Well-Known Member

I expect that in police custody, the van has already been gone over by cadaver dogs who found nothing, but I don't think the North Park Police have actually covered themselves in glory in this instance.

So I wouldn't be shocked to find out they didn't.

11. priyaya

priyaya Well-Known Member

if there's one thing an attorney loves more than money.... its free face time. he only called it off cause the FBI made it clear they had some info that probably would have made his clients "we are so sorry and know nothing" pleas look realt bad. Basicallt the BS that was gonna be sold at the press conference was shut down by the FBI and whatever they decided to share with him....

12. LauraAnne

LauraAnne Well-Known Member

I completely agree with your statement that women are capable of taking care of themselves. I certainly am. But when you read his police report, he states he left an out of control, hysterical woman alone to fend for herself. (She WASN'T out of control and hysterical, but according to his police report, she was). That needs review by the Police Department.

HoneySugar, zoomom2, lab.tx and 3 others like this.
  13. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

Oh trust me, I think he's guilty as sin and was just playing devil's advocate. There are many excuses he could give for why he had her phone while she was sitting right beside him. "She was husking corn and her hands were dirty" is just one thing that popped into my head lol. I mean, millions of possibilities and excuses he could come up with for why she could say, "hey can you respond to that message for me since my hands are busy...."

14. jamiect

jamiect Wandering but not lost

15. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Gabby Petito: Police declare 'crime scene' as FBI enters Brian Laundrie's Florida home: LIVE UPDATES

Autopsy Information:

The Teton County Coroner’s Office tells Fox News' Jeremy Copas that the autopsy on the body found Sunday that is believed to be Gabby Petito will be conducted tomorrow, September 21.

The office is bringing in a forensic pathologist from Sheridan, Wyoming, about 360 miles east.

Once the autopsy begins it should take one to two hours, but microscopic inspection can push this for several hours.

KDM92, HayLouise, Cindizzi and 8 others like this.
  16. Herat

Herat Way out West

It's beautiful there, isn't it

17. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

18. MsArk

MsArk Well-Known Member

I hope BL doesn’t do what Fotis did…I want to see him face the music, whatever that is.

19. priyaya

priyaya Well-Known Member

yes the search did seem a little odd. I bet it was an attempt to play into BL's parents.... all while the search warrant was being drawn up for today

20. Periwinkl3

Periwinkl3 Well-Known Member

Unlikely anyone in BL's tiny circle foresaw the discovery of Gabby's remains. They were all banking on nature making her go away. That's not what happened. Humanity stepped in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.