Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coquette

Coquette Observer

Wait, was this recently? Meaning Brian has actually been in Florida and he and his parents were just going about their lives like nothing happened?

This is real news if this is the case. No words.

MOO.

2. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Well that confirms he did make it back to Florida on 9/1.

Sunny123, TKG, Waddles and 21 others like this.
  3. Here_I_Am

Here_I_Am Well-Known Member

GP's mom lives in New York but GP/BL have spent the past two years at least in Florida. It's unclear when they started dating (even though they went to high school together) but if the grandpa also lives in New York, it's possible BL doesn't actually have much experience with him to know their relationship?

4. KidonGadol

KidonGadol Well-Known Member

I did not stay strangled I said suffocated - there is a big difference. You did not read.

plenty of people have been killed by suffocation and the killer has never been caught. Believe it. but not in this case (Brown bears don't carry around human pillow cases or plastic bags to suffocate people with - though the lawyers in the Markel case for example would try that one on- they are so desperate :)) )

KG.

Estelle likes this.
  5. Shellinaya

Shellinaya Former Member

I'm not expecting too many answers from the autopsy, TBH. She's been outdoors for weeks. Besides decomposition, there are animals. This is a national park full of critters that eat other critters. I think BL or whoever killed her was counting on that. Not to be blunt, but I don't think she was intact when she was found. I don't know how they could get time of death from a body that's been out in the elements for weeks. They might not even be able to determine whether it was a homicide or something else. I guess we wait and see.

6. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Quite a lot, I'd imagine, including the fact that they withheld support in a missing person case and the missing person showed up dead subsequently.
    For all we know, she didn't die immediately either.. Time possibly was of the essence... he was complicit.. etc IMO

wary, Estelle and thunderstormdancer like this.
  7. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

Her stepdad was in Wyoming.

SaintGirl and JayWill like this.
  8. thebedbug

thebedbug Well-Known Member

Is it possible "Stan" was an autocorrect? The message barely even makes sense without more context. Unless BL was out of his mind (maybe he was), I can't imagine texting about "Stan" as a way to cover my tracks.

LAhiker likes this.
  9. JayWill

JayWill Well-Known Member

Errmmm........... he is in his early twenties. In fact, he is 23 years old. Where did you get 37 from? I would be surprised if he even had a girlfriend before Gabby.

10. Recidivist

Recidivist Well-Known Member

Maybe the problem is with the parents/family life, not pot. The best schools have the best heroin.

11. Sunset

Sunset Well-Known Member

I guess all of you already know, tomorrow's bombshell press conference has been cancelled?

Shellinaya, LAhiker, Cindizzi and 4 others like this.
  12. uphill4downhill

uphill4downhill Active Member

Is there a longer clip from the neighbor that says what dates he saw this? Just want to be sure he isn't recalling back to BL trip back for FL for the week prior to meeting back up with GP.

13. TommyVee

TommyVee Active Member

The whole thing about the whether Brian has a "phone" or not. He clearly has a phone. However, one can have a phone but not use the "cellular" service and only operate it to store information, contacts or use it for messaging or making calls when connected to WiFi. Basically, operating like a now extinct product - the IPod Touch. Probably desiring to save money or not wanting to be a "slave" to the internet and social media.

Slamalam and Veronica Sawyer like this.
  14. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

Wow. I wonder if that’s all the stuff from the storage unit.

Shellinaya, LAhiker, Estelle and 5 others like this.
  15. GoldfishMango

GoldfishMango Well-Known Member

Thank you that sounds so wonderful but we have an RV and it’s my home on wheels when on the road.

16. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

He may not have meant to, but he almost certainly did. He wasn't thinking clearly at that point.

Whoever sent that text knew Gabby well enough to send a text supposedly about her grandfather to her mother. A stranger wouldn't have known who was related to whom.

17. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

Gobsmacking. WTH. Did they really think life would just go on as if Gabby had never existed?!

18. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

I hope that is what most people will go there for, but I fear its going to end up to be a "must do" Instagram spot like the Chris McCandless bus picture, but much more assessible. (before anyone says it, I know the bus has been moved and there is now a replica somewhere right on the highway where you can get a similar picture taken)

Slamalam likes this.
  19. Coquette

Coquette Observer

Same question. We need context.

HoneySugar, Waddles, LAhiker and 8 others like this.
  20. Ebra

Ebra Member

He is 23.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.