Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woods

woods Well-Known Member

Was the August 30 text “No service in Yosemite” ever confirmed? Was that “Gabby’s” last text message to her mother?

Beccalynne, LAhiker, vls12345 and 3 others like this.

2. lilithblue

lilithblue Well-Known Member

I think Stan/Grandpa was probably calling relentlessly, and he wanted it to stop.

3. KeithF40

KeithF40 Active Member

We also have to remember this guy isn't too swift. What's he gonna do anyway, go around in his sailboat for the rest of his life?

4. PetDetective

PetDetective Well-Known Member

It was a license plate reader.

5. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Her mother made the point that she never referred to her grandfather by his name.
    But if Stan had been calling her phone and there were a number of missed calls from him, he couldn't very well return the calls if she was no longer alive because the grandfather would know he was not talking to his grandchild.
    He could try texting her mother though, pretending he couldn't get through to Stan or whatever..

6. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

I know...I'm surprised this only came out today! Wow

7. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

To me, his parents going to the park ) that they later told LE he said he was going to) and driving the Mustang back to their...all sounds like part of a plan.

1. If they thought he was just going into that reserve area to do some alone time hiking, he'd need the car to get home. Makes no sense to take it.

2. If they thought he'd gone into that reserve area to commit suicide, wouldn't they be a couple of cold-hearted parents. I think they're not and care deeply for their son.

3. If though they knew he was going on the lamb without the Mustang, it makes sense they'd go get it.

4. If they and Brian wanted it to look like he went into the reserve, they 'd have left the car there.

Looking like it's number 3 to me. AJMO
    I hope his parents have come clean about all they know. If not...arrest them. Again AJMO

8. Harry Seaward

Harry Seaward Active Member

If a victim isn't going to spill the beans on their abuser because they would 'pay for it later', why would that victim, scratch, hit, leap through the window and create a public scene big enough for someone to call 911?

wary, redabby and thunderstormdancer like this.
  9. GoldfishMango

GoldfishMango Well-Known Member

I was going for the camping and scenery. Not for any other reason.

Hyway, LAhiker and EmmieA like this.
  10. LvsAMystry

LvsAMystry Well-Known Member

The police report specifically states the witness reporting that the altercation he saw was the two of them fighting over a phone. That was prior to police involvement.

11. Here_I_Am

Here_I_Am Well-Known Member

I noticed that it was NOT in the affidavit for the search warrant. According to that, the "Stan" text on 8/27 was the last text from her phone.

12. thebedbug

thebedbug Well-Known Member

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>All day I've been seeing about how the police didn't know about BL slapping GP... BOLDED BELOW from the police report.

"MCPD officers were dispatched to a report of a domestic problem that had taken place near the Moonflower Co-op. It appeared that a male and female had left the scene traveling north on Main in a white Ford Transit van with a black ladder on the rear after the male and female had engaged in some sort of altercation. It wasn't clear, but I believe it was reported the male had been observed to have assaulted the female"

The police were heading to a domestic disturbance... OBVIOUSLY they are going to have a close eye on the male and look for indications on the female of an assault.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2021
  13. Seabunny

Seabunny Well-Known Member

I'm not fond of the baldness insults. I think BL was accepting of it to an extent as he joked about it with the police. Also, considering baldness is a distinctively masculine trait, exhibiting dominance, confidence, and masculinity, so I don't think that it would be emasculating. He could be insecure about his attractiveness because of it, though. In contrast, pattern baldness would negatively affect a woman by making her feel less feminine because it's not a common feminine trait.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  14. TommyVee

TommyVee Active Member

Also, perhaps already mentioned, but the VAN has been confirmed to have entered florida on September 1st as noted in the Search Warrant for the Digital Storage Device and verified via license plate reader.

15. PixieStix

PixieStix Well-Known Member

Me too! Usually, everyone comes out of the woodwork to talk about people in these cases. I have been searching for a week for something like this; I can't believe it took this long, especially with all the news people and neighbors that have been around for days and days!

LAhiker, Turkeytrot, vls12345 and 3 others like this.
  16. hey-Debbie

hey-Debbie Well-Known Member

I think she may have died the evening of the 26th.

17. jtfolden

jtfolden Well-Known Member

My understanding from those that saw the early raw aerial footage of her body indicated there was clothes, hair, etc... so perhaps she was mostly intact.

Also, time of death in cases like this can be determined by insect activity among many other things. That's not to say they could determine it down to the minute but they can surely confirm it was nearer to 21 days ago than it was to 30, for example.

18. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

Maybe he wanted her mom to question it because he wanted Gabby to be found sooner rather than later... I can’t think of another explanation for it. /JMO

ExitMusic likes this.
  19. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

20. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

Forgive me if I missed information on this. How or who financed this huge trip by 2 young people?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.