Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a very good question, I took another look to see if I'd notice if anything was missing. And YES a few songs have been removed because I remember the previous run time was 29 minutes and now it is 19 minutes.

ETA: I didn't take a screenshot so could be wrong! Totally going off memory, seeing if my Spotify logged me listening to these songs, so far can't find a log.
You could have checked before I did yesterday but it's the same number of songs that I saw

So even the nature reserve story is highly in question because of the shady parent stories. That’s what I was afraid of, thanks.

Other than the tag being caught weeks ago if we assumed that was him (?), we don’t even know 100% if he was in Florida or stayed there at all?

Yikes. His parents are almost out-Wattsing the Watts.

MOO these parents are criminal: accomplices after the fact.
When the police finally get a hold of BL and charge him, they need to charged the at the same time.
Parents cannot be a shield for murder. MOO a correlation of parents who would cover for murder and the likelihood of a child growing up so entitled they do murder is probably there to be revealed in statistics.

Why do you think he would have made that trip to Coulter Bay? I can't wrap my head around why he left the van, then had to hitchhike back to it, if that is what he did.

MOO…

I think he flipped out once he killed/Gabby died and wanted to/felt the need to vacate the scene ASAP. Runs back to the van, grabs a few things, then hikes his way to Colter Bay. Cleans up there then thinks…crap…now how am I gonna get home?

Possibly also realizes that 1) he STILL HAS THE KEYS TO THE VAN and that the possible alibi that he was out on a 3-4 day hike while Gabby stayed working on the vlog in the van maybe won’t work…and/or 2) he left something incriminating in the van and HAS to get back there to get it.

once he gets back to the van…no one is around so he just puts the keys in the ignition, starts it up, and doesn’t look back.

MOO.

Let's see. I'm 22. I'm trying to start a little business that requires internet periodically. I work for 5-6 hours and as a reward I get my "fiance" telling me I'll never be able to do it. The bitter discussion works its way out to the street, and my fiance slaps me around, hits me, and runs me down the street, causing a complete stranger passerby to call the cops at the violence perpetrated on me. We finally get to my van, and he tries to carjack my van, closing the door so I have to "claw" my way in to stop the carjacking.

My fiance has 4 main ways to establish dominance over me 1) belittling my work (when he has none of his own), 2) driving erratically and dangerously to frighten me 3) hitting and slapping me in full view of everyone on the street 4) taking off in my own car to cause me to be abandoned, taking my "house", my things and leaving me embarrassed in the street as his victim of violence. This time I finally get into my van over his objections, scratching him with my rings and cell phone as I try to stop the carjacking and loss of my house and belongings. Then he speeds at 3X the limit, and refuses to stop for cops (a felony in Utah) right behind with their lights on.

I know by now that I will pay if I say something against his actions. Both before and what will come later. I am weeping, I can't stop, at the shame of the public violence inflicted on me, and the dangerous car driving by my fiance, and knowing I will pay dearly in a couple of hours.

And, the cops sit me in their automobile while they discuss with my fiance, who calls me crazy, that they are bound by law to arrest and fingerprint me. Oh to be 22 again and sorting through these creeps, trying to find a loving life partner.

Addendum. 2 weeks later I'm dead, more on that later.

IMO

Thank you. This is the way I see it, and it makes me practically cry every time I think about it. How alone, how vulnerable, how misunderstood. The police stop is every abuse or rape victim's worst nightmare. And people wonder why there's a lack of reporting.

MOO.

35 hours drive, non stop. ~2400 miles. need to get gas about 6 times. i figure, 37-38 hours straight thru no sleep.

He would have had to leave no later than Aug. 30th at 9:30pm EDT or 7:30pm MDT.

Aug 30th 9:30pm EDT - Sept. 1st 10:30am EDT is about 37 hours.

Someone verify my math :)
Just IMO, but that sounds more like a driving plan with two drivers switching off. Hopefully someone used credit cards to buy all that gas and there is still security footage from the gas stations.

That is not correct. They were discussing charging her and instead of taking her to jail they asked BL if they had money to put her in a motel? He said no. maybe they didn't or maybe being the jerk he is he didn't want to waste money on a motel if she could sleep in a jail cell. So then they decided not to charge her with domestic violence. But since she was the aggressor according to both their statements and Christopher's, she couldn't go to the womens's shelter, but the group that managed the shelter could pay for a room for BL since he was technically the victim of DV. They weren't doing him a favor, especially since he said he would rather camp in the Arches, but instead trying to fix away for them to be separate for the night and not take her to jail.
We will have to agree to disagree if she was terrified that he would leave her with the van or not, but he did eventually leave her after he killed her. Why is it so difficult to imagine that he had not either done it or threatened it before?
She is the victim here, police reports notwithstanding.

Let's see. I'm 22. I'm trying to start a little business that requires internet periodically. I work for 5-6 hours and as a reward I get my "fiance" telling me I'll never be able to do it. The bitter discussion works its way out to the street, and my fiance slaps me around, hits me, and runs me down the street, causing a complete stranger passerby to call the cops at the violence perpetrated on me. We finally get to my van, and he tries to carjack my van, closing the door so I have to "claw" my way in to stop the carjacking.

My fiance has 4 main ways to establish dominance over me 1) belittling my work (when he has none of his own), 2) driving erratically and dangerously to frighten me 3) hitting and slapping me in full view of everyone on the street 4) taking off in my own car to cause me to be abandoned, taking my "house", my things and leaving me embarrassed in the street as his victim of violence. This time I finally get into my van over his objections, scratching him with my rings and cell phone as I try to stop the carjacking and loss of my house and belongings. Then he speeds at 3X the limit, and refuses to stop for cops (a felony in Utah) right behind with their lights on.

I know by now that I will pay if I say something against his actions. Both before and what will come later. I am weeping, I can't stop, at the shame of the public violence inflicted on me, and the dangerous car driving by my fiance, and knowing I will pay dearly in a couple of hours.

And, the cops sit me in their automobile while they discuss with my fiance, who calls me crazy, that they are bound by law to arrest and fingerprint me. Oh to be 22 again and sorting through these creeps, trying to find a loving life partner.

Addendum. 2 weeks later I'm dead, more on that later.

IMO

Perfectly said!! One thing, did either Gabby or Brian tell the officers they were engaged? I don't remember and wondered if you knew.

I'd just be surprised if that hadn't come out by now. Surely she'd have contacted family/friends or whoever to say Brian has left to go home and we've broke up. Would she have even wanted to continue on her own?
why would she? she didnt tell them she was fighting with him, she was tryng to uphold their perfect couple imagine

no. not that we could hear. BL actually said when then asked about medications that she may take by saying 'i dont think so'. street drugs i heard no talk of but they did ask him why he was so nervous.
Yeah, I caught that, too. Wonder why they didn't ask about street drugs?

Imo, drugs could certainly cause somebody to act out in violence. Maybe wander around for a couple days. They could also help a person drive 35 hours straight.

I tried to post an explanation to my post about abusive women and it did not go through. So I'll just in NO WAY am I blaming Gabby..NO WAY and defending BL..NO WAY IN HELL. The thread is just going to fast to post some thoughts, explain them and respond to a response, so, sometimes a post doesn't fully get explained and the claws come out. Way to fast for me and maybe my notebook. So I think I'll stop posting cuz I don't my post to be misinterpreted when I don't get a chance to explain. Not mad, still following, just will pause my comments like the mods sometimes. :):):confused: Maybe I'll go to news that makes you smile.

Last edited:
Why do you think he would have made that trip to Coulter Bay? I can't wrap my head around why he left the van, then had to hitchhike back to it, if that is what he did.
Maybe in case Gabby’s body was found quickly enough to establish a time of death he wanted other people to see him, notice him, and report he’d been on a days long hike without his fiancé.

Yep, no politics here, but let's see on the rest.... sepsis from a thorn, twisted ankle, cut from glass, infected blisters, major injuries to SAR having to haul a barefoot hiker out of the wilderness, huge cost to taxpayers for all the professionals and training it takes to make this happen, perhaps a helicopter....
I agree. It’s not only unhealthy but a hazard.

@Veronica Sawyer -- I noticed one thread back that you linked to a Spotify account that you said was Gabby's own. The username was thishappyhippie. Are you (or anyone else who knows!) certain that's her own account? Songs were added to that user's playlist as recently as 5 hours ago.

Editing to add: This account belongs to a friend of hers, not Gabby or Brian!

Last edited:
In case anyone was wondering, the traffic cam that spotted the van on Sept. 1st at 10:26am is 5 minutes away from the Laundrie home on Wabasso Ave.

I suppose it's possible that the van didn't go straight to the home. I am curious if the van stayed there the whole time until it was located per the warrant on Sept. 11th, or if the van was moved around.

oPaDStF.png

Last edited:
Thinking about why Gabby would have protected BL when she was questioned by LE: I've yet to see an abused victim confirm that to the police. They know there will be heck to pay if they turn the abuser in. IMO, Gabby was protecting BL and herself. The victim has usually been so isolated that they feel hopeless and helpless. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck