Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he wanted her mom to question it because he wanted Gabby to be found sooner rather than later... I can’t think of another explanation for it. /JMO
I think it was just a slip up on his part. He's panicking, thinking of a thousand things, but in his own brain he calls the guy "Stan" instead of "Grandpa", so that leaked out...

Agree. The Stan thing raises questions about someone who didn't know the family very well, (not BL at all), perhaps even a complete stranger.
Ha, well - who is most likely to have Gabby's phone? BL. End of story.

Why would those messages bother a stranger? And how would a stranger know to tell Gabby's Mom to deal with Stan?

BL knew very well who Stan was. Maybe on her phone he was listed in her contacts as Grandpa, but only BL would know his name was Stan.

He was trying to buy time and avoid questions by throwing off calls from both Grandpa and Gabby's Mom. So BL sent a text - as Gabby - telling Mom to take of Stan - meaning "tell Stan to stop calling and texting."

Nobody else in the world would have known how to stop those calls, but BL did. Some random person who found the phone somewhere would have no possible motive for texting all that to Gabby's mother. They would just delete them or ignore them.

If he was pretending to be her, I'm sure he didn't mean to type Stan.

He may not have meant to, but he almost certainly did. He wasn't thinking clearly at that point.

Whoever sent that text knew Gabby well enough to send a text supposedly about her grandfather to her mother. A stranger wouldn't have known who was related to whom.

If a victim isn't going to spill the beans on their abuser because they would 'pay for it later', why would that victim, scratch, hit, leap through the window and create a public scene big enough for someone to call 911?

I remember them apologizing to the cops they were sorry "it got so public." Makes me wonder what happens in private.

So a complete stranger picks up her phone and texts her mom about Stan, her grandfather?

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your point.
He may not have meant to, but he almost certainly did. He wasn't thinking clearly at that point.

Whoever sent that text knew Gabby well enough to send a text supposedly about her grandfather to her mother. A stranger wouldn't have known who was related to whom.

Going on idea that it was an unknown assailant... They didn't have to know her well enough, in fact most likely didn't know her. They didn't say grandfather to the mother for all they knew "Stan" was a friend. But knew if they texted the mom, she would know who Stan was and would tell Stan to stop. That's why refer to him as Stan never guessing would be the grandfather.

Helped Dad in the garage
Rode bike with Mom
Mowed lawn

@News12BK
·
SEARCH FOR ANSWERS: As officials searched the Laundrie home in Florida, we spoke to neighbors about Brian's actions upon first returning home

https://twitter.com/News12BK/status/1440129246580543493?s=20

Its stuff like this that leaves me a little unsure that he even knew she was dead. I can't get my head around him completely ignoring it like nothing happened and leaving the van in the driveway. I have a slight, slim, teeny tiny, thought that maybe he really did go on a hike and she threatened, if he left her alone to go hiking, that they were through. That she would leave with her friend she was going to be meeting at some point and he could just drive the van back home. So he went and when he got back she was gone. he figures she did what she said and he left . But she really just did her self in on the other side of the creek (or even less likely that some stranger did). then the sept 10th text from GP moms sets his world upside down. But then why didn't he say where he last saw her.

I was just going to ask a similar question. Anyone think he may never be found?
If he has gone overseas , esp south he will be found... he has no usable/salable skills except perhaps English. He's at huge risk of extortion in most S American countries. I don't think he'd head for Canada for reasons of cold and it is not a safe refuge. So he is going to be be bleeding down his parents ' bank accounts basically forever. Their juice business will likely collapse so then they will be digging into savings .

So there will be huge pressure on for a plea deal which of course is completely corrupt - ie if you parents spirit you out of the US A for a few years you get a plea deal with DP off the table and perhaps a worst case prison sentence set before trial. (as per Rivera of the Markel case ).

What the sticking point might be is neither parent will want to do prison time for abetting his escape and lying to police.

As long as the FBI don't drop the ball and continue to watch every single bank account and transfer he is bound to turn up because he needs money to eat. His parents won't like the constant knowledge they are being watched plus all the social snubs. Perhaps they will move to NM to be closer to their son - they can use mirrors to message over the border . ha ha ha...

KG

Because he wasn’t thinking clearly b/c he had just murdered his fiancé. Criminals do stupid stuff. I have no problem believing he drove that van back by himself in an adrenaline fueled nearly non-stop trip.

Exactly! I’m sure he drove it back on his own. As to why he drove back at all? Well nobody’s ever accused him of being smart sooo, that’s the decision he made.

I took a break late this afternoon as the DV issue was creating distress for myself. I'm heartbroken for this Ranger. She knew, she knew and told her. And in the meantime LE is yucking it up w BL about the "Crazy woman" SMH

I think that can be a RAPPORT building tactic to get a perp to slip up and admit to give his woman the what for! Don't read too much into it.

I'm not expecting too many answers from the autopsy, TBH. She's been outdoors for weeks. Besides decomposition, there are animals. This is a national park full of critters that eat other critters. I think BL or whoever killed her was counting on that. Not to be blunt, but I don't think she was intact when she was found. I don't know how they could get time of death from a body that's been out in the elements for weeks. They might not even be able to determine whether it was a homicide or something else. I guess we wait and see.

Strangulation or blunt force trauma to the head will still show in the bones. Toxicology will show any poison or drug.

Its stuff like this that leaves me a little unsure that he even knew she was dead. I can't get my head around him completely ignoring it like nothing happened and leaving the van in the driveway. I have a slight, slim, teeny tiny, thought that maybe he really did go on a hike and she threatened, if he left her alone to go hiking, that they were through. That she would leave with her friend she was going to be meeting at some point and he could just drive the van back home. So he went and when he got back she was gone. he figures she did what she said and he left . But she really just did her self in on the other side of the creek (or even less likely that some stranger did). then the sept 10th text from GP moms sets his world upside down. But then why didn't he say where he last saw her.
Maybe he was devastated that they broke up. Or he was protecting her. Or maybe her parents didn’t know he left the trip early because of a breakup. I’m sure they would not have been happy for her to have been on the trip alone. There are certainly reasons that would make sense. It’s fair game to think this could’ve been the case IMO.

If he was pretending to be her, I'm sure he didn't mean to type Stan.

He could have done. Perhaps if BL called her grandpa “Stan”, GP followed suit and called him that when she was around Brian.

He also might have heard her call him Stan at, say, family parties, where she might not want to use the pet name when everyone else is just calling him Stan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member