Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going for the camping and scenery. Not for any other reason.

I meant if you went their for the scenery but made a side trip to that spot while you were there. That you would be going to that spot to think sad thoughts about a life cut short and then wipe your eyes and go on. Instead of setting up a photography studio to get that perfect sunset pic at Gabbie's spot while someone else waited for you to move along so they can get the pic.

You think it's an unknown assailant?
Going on idea that it was an unknown assailant... They didn't have to know her well enough, in fact most likely didn't know her. They didn't say grandfather to the mother for all they knew "Stan" was a friend. But knew if they texted the mom, she would know who Stan was and would tell Stan to stop. That's why refer to him as Stan never guessing would be the grandfather.

If a victim isn't going to spill the beans on their abuser because they would 'pay for it later', why would that victim, scratch, hit, leap through the window and create a public scene big enough for someone to call 911?
Emotional reactions are spontaneous. I doubt she realized someone would call 911.

Witness statements are notoriously unreliable. Add to it the fact that we’re not talking about yesterday, there has been some time that has gone by and with time memories can get fuzzy in regards to exact dates.

The warrant that was released today stated that the van was detected entering North Port by a license plate reader at 10:36AM on Sept. 1st.

I think that can be a RAPPORT building tactic to get a perp to slip up and admit to give his woman the what for! Don't read too much into it.
Yes. It's a really effective move, and I've seen it used a lot. It looks bad on camera of course, but I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he was doing.

I think that can be a RAPPORT building tactic to get a perp to slip up and admit to give his woman the what for! Don't read too much into it.
Well, except that the RAPPORT made it into the incident REPORT which basically said he was a nice guy and she was crazy but probably not an abuser.

I think Stan/Grandpa was probably calling relentlessly, and he wanted it to stop.
She said during the police stop that they were having an argument about the phone. IMO, yeah, she had people who called her, and she talked to people, and criss-cross-applesauce-dude did not have people who called? Someone should contact Stan. What were the messages and calls he was making? If he called everyday and she stopped answering, well, that narrows the time-of-death, IMO. MOO

There's no way to be sure that a hiking trail isn't rugged from Google maps. You need a topo to show that it was flat.

Agree. Her sighting has not been proven to be him. I am going ahead and accepting she didn't make up the entire encounter, but possibly misidentified it as him.

I haven't gotten used to how sidetracked conversation can get on this forum so I will recap :) I had been reading about how rugged the area is and someone has said he couldn't even have hiked the snake river because their are no trails. I had taken that at face value until I saw the chopper video of the remains location. I didn't see a rugged area. I saw a cow pasture next to a creek and started thinking about how hard it would be to hike 15-20 miles through that area. Looking at google maps and street view it doesn't look very hard at all. So I started reconsidering that encounter at Culter Bay (if said encounter actually occurred)

Oh man, now I feel sorry for the female ranger Melissa Hulls. This whole story is just too sad. I want to send her flowers or give her a hug.

[URL="https://www.deseret.com/utah/2021/9/20/22684359/i-can-still-hear-her-voice-arches-park-ranger-warned-gabby-petito-relationship-seemed-toxic-brian"]Arches park ranger warned Gabby Petito her relationship with Brian Laundrie seemed ‘toxic’[/URL]

“This wasn't a good day for anybody. We thought we were making the right decision when we left them….“I honestly haven’t looked at my body camera footage for that night. It’s hard to think about now because I feel like I could've said more to help her,” she said. “It’s hard not to second-guess myself, and wish I said more, or wish I had found the right words to make her believe that she deserved more.”

Oh ok, I just assumed (as my novice experience shows) that because it was included in the timeline, it was relevant. Im just wondering why 5 days after the police incident BL travels back home to Florida, and I honestly don’t think that what he does there is as significant, as the fact he went. But if it’s true, and BL comes back (to Utah?), six days later, August 23rd, WHAT is his mindset? Because two days later, is the last time Gabbys family had contact with her.

<modsnip> I haven't seen any confirmation.

Or, even reading the police report. All day I've been seeing about how the police didn't know about BL slapping GP... BOLDED BELOW from the police report.

"MCPD officers were dispatched to a report of a domestic problem that had taken place near the Moonflower Co-op. It appeared that a male and female had left the scene traveling north on Main in a white Ford Transit van with a black ladder on the rear after the male and female had engaged in some sort of altercation. It wasn't clear, but I believe it was reported the male had been observed to have assaulted the female"

The police were heading to a domestic disturbance... OBVIOUSLY they are going to have a close eye on the male and look for indications on the female of an assault.

And yet, they didn't.

If a victim isn't going to spill the beans on their abuser because they would 'pay for it later', why would that victim, scratch, hit, leap through the window and create a public scene big enough for someone to call 911?
No, no one called 911 when she was trying to get back in the van she owned and get back the phone she owned. The 911 call came because the caller said that there was a male slapping a female and chasing to slap her, he then got into HER van with HER phone and locked her out.
The Christopher witness only saw that part, he was not the 911 caller. BL created the initial scene where 911 were called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie