Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

Potential scenario: Tuesday BL tells parents he's going to the reserve to get his head straight. He often does this so it's normal behavior and they accept it at face value. Tuesday night he calls/texts to say he's staying out a few days more so come get the car before it's towed. They keep in contact and then on Thursday night he is talking about taking his life. They think they talk him out of it. Friday morning there is no contact from him and they get worried. A few hours go by with no text and they suspect he has done it. They call the lawyer, he calls LE and now LE has all the excuse they need to lay hands on him for a few minutes and hopefully ask him a few questions before returning him to his parents home

Marg from Oz, SMK777 and ogrechan like this.

2. Ebra

Ebra Member

I completely agree that it's not important to LE at this point. But I'm curious as to whether it was a story she told her family as to not worry them that they were having issues on this long trip, or if it actually happened. It's bizarre to me that it would happen in the middle of a planned trip anyway.
    I had asked in a previous thread about whether there had been something solid that shows he went to FL, such as plate readers or plane tickets. Never heard one way or the other & it's not readily available in msm. That I'm able to find anyway.

Marg from Oz, 000, scmom and 2 others like this.
  3. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

4. Noharg

Noharg Well-Known Member

Exactly. I wonder how he got out of the house without anyone seeing him. JMO but watching the news, it looked like there were always groups of people in front of the Laundrie home.

Edited to correct spelling.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  5. MLaps

MLaps Well-Known Member

There are stories of neighborhood dogs going missing and later found inside a dead gator. Between gators, snakes, and other wildlife in Florida...he's not staying in a swamp and still living through that.

My opinion - he's not in the reserve. Evidence is in the reserve.

6. RaspberryMama

RaspberryMama Well-Known Member

Yes, I think you are right. Good observations. Can fingerprints be lifted from rocks?

Marg from Oz and Curious-A like this.
  7. HawthorneJuniper

HawthorneJuniper Well-Known Member

She was using Bumble FOR FRIENDS! It’s NOT the dating app!

8. bellesnwhistles

bellesnwhistles Well-Known Member

For me, it was sad. Like she was expected to be on and bubbly 24/7. She was human. And it sounds like he, or at the very least someone, made her feel like if she wasn’t in a good, happy mood she was “mean”.

ETA: I think he gaslit her a lot.

9. sun16

sun16 Well-Known Member

If he’s found dead, or never found at all (rare), I don’t believe there will ever be full closure. We won’t know exactly what happened in Teton. Supporters of GP will claim certain things—namely he killed her. Supporters of BL might say … oh, he was depressed because they broke up and decided to go their separate ways on the trip and just see each other later back in FL. Or, there was a big fight, and he left her in the park, but she was alive (is that a crime?). Or, lots of other scenarios. Ugh.

10. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

Agree. And I do think he's there. It's likely the search was suspended yesterday because Gabby had been found, reducing the urgency of trying to locate BL before he could die with that secret. And given Gabby was found deceased, LE could take the gloves off & go after BL's parents. Best guess is they got enough from his parents yesterday to believe BL's last known location was in that swamp park. And why else would he go there except to die? It's not especially believable he went there for self-reflection & for figuring out how best to say I'm sorry.

11. sarahboirin

sarahboirin Verified Crafter

BBM Do we know why they wouldn't take a missing person report?

Marg from Oz, scmom and sds71 like this.
  12. TheGardener

TheGardener Well-Known Member

For those of you who believe Brian incapable of going on the run...
    Its about 2300 miles from the crime scene to North Port.
    So, that makes his first runner about 2300 miles long...
    with no stops for suicide.

13. Lallanballan

Lallanballan New Member

If he's killed Gabby (he probably did), how can a man twice his size and claim to love his lady turn into a senseless monster? She also could not have had an ounce of chance to defend herself against him. She certainly appealed to him to calm down and spare her life, but these types of men (monsters) can not get any sense and understanding into their minds. They just blindly follow their impulses.

Hope he gets what he deserves and more for this despicable act and these type of crimes should not be taken lightly cause its also about the woman's right to be respected and treated as such.

Maybe they ended up in an oral argument first and Gabby maybe had more of the gift of speech and when he ran out of arguments he freaked out. Incredibly cowardly and pathetic way to resolve a conflict and this happens all too often. The man must be in control and place the woman in a lower position to feel better about himself.

So tragic and I think intensely of Gabby's relatives in this moment. RIP Gabby!

14. CrimeC243

CrimeC243 Active Member

Ive been having a look at the bodycam video from when they was pulled over. Just before gabby rolls down the video is she making the sign for help from abuse? I watched it over a few times and im still trying to work out if thats what shes doing or not and i cant clearly see from the window reflection? Anyone else see this?

Marg from Oz likes this.
  15. Windsorite

Windsorite Well-Known Member

Fingerprints probably not, but there is a tool to extract DNA off rocks. JMO

Marg from Oz and RaspberryMama like this.
  16. Alias Gray

Alias Gray Well-Known Member

I think because she was missing on holiday in wy.

Marg from Oz likes this.
  17. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

I love this kind of effort! Awesome. I am not comparing to confirm but trust this research.

18. Noharg

Noharg Well-Known Member

Forensics of the van and cell phones and computers will help piece together a pretty good picture, I hope anyway.

19. lizzied

lizzied Well-Known Member

criminal inverstigation...yes...i think he is more than a POI...they just legally can't say it. I beleive they are looking for killer but need to find him / await other evidence to confirm. The FBI is spending a boat load of resources, he's more interesting than the usual POA.

Marg from Oz, sonjay, PIUK and 2 others like this.
  20. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember the interview w/ her dad discussing reporting her missing? If I remember right they called to do it in Florida first and were told to do it in NY? I would love to source this interview if anyone knows where it is again. I see another misstep if so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.