Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably answered but this was September 1st or thereabouts. We don’t even know if Brian actually did go back to FL in August, or if that was just an excuse given to Gabby’s family for being in a hotel for a week, rather than on their roadtrip.
When was the last time anyone had eyes on BL
LE says he came back 9/1 at 10:26am...

Maybe he ASSUMED Stan was a guy she was texting and didn't know it was her Grandpa?
Maybe this started the fight? :(
Poor grandpa he just wanted to check on his grandaughter.

I'm behind...does anyone have her 'actual phone' physically.....(the weapon of destruction that she threw at BL?)
I have to wonder who her 'emergency contact ICE' person was on her phone. I butt dial my ICE person all the time. . . . was it stan? unusual but who knows. Overall i think BL took her phone whether he even changed pass code, etc for control. Even if it was face ID/fingerprint, if she was killed those are readily available and then he just switches both to him.

Just as a point of clarification JP Gabby's Dad doesn't live in North Port. And he had a lawyer
long before they knew he was even home. MOO
What do you mean he had a lawyer long before they knew he was even home? As in JP retained a lawyer regarding Gabbys disappearance before they knew BL was home? To that point, when did they actually find out he made it home with the van without her? Was it after they had contacted police? I can’t even imagine what her poor parents must have been going through at that time.. and still.

Coming out of lurking to repeat something that my dad thinks is going to happen...it's probably not something that will but I think it bares repeating just because it caused me to stop and think.
His last known location was a swampy area in Florida.
My dad thinks that someone is going to come across a body part of his, such as a finger, arm or hand and the parents are going to start shouting that he was ate by gators or some other local wildlife hoping that this will keep everyone off his tale and allow him to be on the run for longer.

I do not think that he is going to kill himself because I don't think that he feels guilt for whatever he may have done to Gabby (IMO-he murdered her). He's a classic gaslighting abusive narcissist and think he's smarter than everyone around him (IMO-he's not).
The fake cellphone text to Gabby's mom proves that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but you wouldn't be able to convince him of that.

For those of you who believe Brian incapable of going on the run...
Its about 2300 miles from the crime scene to North Port.
So, that makes his first runner about 2300 miles long...
with no stops for suicide.

He ran home. To mommy & daddy. Not exactly the same thing as fleeing into the unknown, by himself, indefinitely.

His parents' strategy seems to have been to mow the lawn, pretend all was normal, stay silent, and the problem would just go away. Nothing in how any of them responded suggests any of them were capable of planning or getting away with an actual escape plan.

For those of you who believe Brian incapable of going on the run...
Its about 2300 miles from the crime scene to North Port.
So, that makes his first runner about 2300 miles long...
with no stops for suicide.
I'm inclined to agree!
Thanks for the smiles.

Maybe he ASSUMED Stan was a guy she was texting and didn't know it was her Grandpa?
Maybe this started the fight? :(
Poor grandpa he just wanted to check on his grandaughter.

They had dated long enough I don't think that is the case here. I bet Gabby had GPA as Grandpa or something in her contacts.

So did they refuse to do it in Florida because she wasn't there? She didn't live in New York and was last seen in Wyoming. In the USA what's the precedence, where the person lives or where they go missing?

My guess is that they took it in NY because Nichole was the parent to have the most
recent physical contact with her before they left. JMO

Agree. And I do think he's there. It's likely the search was suspended yesterday because Gabby had been found, reducing the urgency of trying to locate BL before he could die with that secret. And given Gabby was found deceased, LE could take the gloves off & go after BL's parents. Best guess is they got enough from his parents yesterday to believe BL's last known location was in that swamp park. And why else would he go there except to die? It's not especially believable he went there for self-reflection & for figuring out how best to say I'm sorry.

This is exactly what I think happened. I do think he (or his remains and stuff) will be found in that preserve. Probably today.

the preserve (such a gentle name), but the description of it doesn't scream welcome wagon , and though he is an outdoorsman of sorts...no one really chooses to be in that location or wants to stay very long. I wouldn't look for a million dollars with a detailed map for guidance in that place.
:D

Potential scenario: Tuesday BL tells parents he's going to the reserve to get his head straight. He often does this so it's normal behavior and they accept it at face value. Tuesday night he calls/texts to say he's staying out a few days more so come get the car before it's towed. They keep in contact and then on Thursday night he is talking about taking his life. They think they talk him out of it. Friday morning there is no contact from him and they get worried. A few hours go by with no text and they suspect he has done it. They call the lawyer, he calls LE and now LE has all the excuse they need to lay hands on him for a few minutes and hopefully ask him a few wu stone before returning the parents home
While I can see some of this - him not telling them, him going to CR. It was said that Police (not sure if it was LE or park police) left a note to move the car. Not sure how the parents knew this. They move the car on Wednesday. But to me the rest just seems off with their demeaner. They don't come right out and give the full details - when he left, how, the car pickup, etc....If you were concerned about someone's welfare, are you going to hold back information and then sit inside and not try to figure out if they could be other places that LE isn't searching? I don't know, at this point the craziness doesn't stop so anything is possible...IMO

There is a media interview with neighbors who say they saw him riding his bike and helping his dad in the garage after he returned, so it appears he was at the home sometime before he disappeared. MOO

Of course I cant find the source or article now, but I read yesterday that a traffic camera did catch the Van entering North Port on September 1 at approximately 10:26 am, so that is showing that he did go back to Florida for how long who knows.

I'm trying to understand the timeline..it takes 35 hours to drive from grand Teton to North port florida not including sleep, gas, bathroom breaks, food, traffic, construction etc.....on August 29th BL was picked up hitchhiking in grand Teton and dropped off about 10.miles from where his van was spotted...a traffic cam caught his van near north port Florida at about 10:30 am on Sept 1. Doable but doesn't leave much time for anything

I’m not sure I understand the WHY behind FBI discouraging a lawyer from holding a press conference.
It could “possibly” be that his parents finally gave the FBI some information that the parents ran through the lawyer and the FBI doesn’t want anything disclosed to the public.

The FBI is in charge now and they can be very tight lipped. The have an abundance of investigative resources available and know how to run an investigation.

Don’t think we can expect to get any docs available in the Florida Sunshine Law now either…we’ll see.

I'm trying to understand the timeline..it takes 35 hours to drive from grand Teton to North port florida not including sleep, gas, bathroom breaks, food, traffic, construction etc.....on August 29th BL was picked up hitchhiking in grand Teton and dropped off about 10.miles from where his van was spotted...a traffic cam caught his van near north port Florida at about 10:30 am on Sept 1. Doable but doesn't leave much time for anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T-Dog