Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

Maybe. But he booked a conference room at a hotel for it, so I assumed he was going to have more than two sentences to say this time. I bought wine for it.

2. captdj

captdj Well-Known Member

When was the last time anyone had eyes on BL
    LE says he came back 9/1 at 10:26am...

3. lizzied

lizzied Well-Known Member

I'm behind...does anyone have her 'actual phone' physically.....(the weapon of destruction that she threw at BL?)
    I have to wonder who her 'emergency contact ICE' person was on her phone. I butt dial my ICE person all the time. . . . was it stan? unusual but who knows. Overall i think BL took her phone whether he even changed pass code, etc for control. Even if it was face ID/fingerprint, if she was killed those are readily available and then he just switches both to him.

Blue Amethyst and sassyblue like this.
  4. bellesnwhistles

bellesnwhistles Well-Known Member

What do you mean he had a lawyer long before they knew he was even home? As in JP retained a lawyer regarding Gabbys disappearance before they knew BL was home? To that point, when did they actually find out he made it home with the van without her? Was it after they had contacted police? I can’t even imagine what her poor parents must have been going through at that time.. and still.

Blue Amethyst and Tippy Lynn like this.
  5. Sunshynn

Sunshynn The girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Coming out of lurking to repeat something that my dad thinks is going to happen...it's probably not something that will but I think it bares repeating just because it caused me to stop and think.
    His last known location was a swampy area in Florida.
    My dad thinks that someone is going to come across a body part of his, such as a finger, arm or hand and the parents are going to start shouting that he was ate by gators or some other local wildlife hoping that this will keep everyone off his tale and allow him to be on the run for longer.

I do not think that he is going to kill himself because I don't think that he feels guilt for whatever he may have done to Gabby (IMO-he murdered her). He's a classic gaslighting abusive narcissist and think he's smarter than everyone around him (IMO-he's not).
    The fake cellphone text to Gabby's mom proves that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but you wouldn't be able to convince him of that.

6. sun16

sun16 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Well, auto theft is better than murder.

Blue Amethyst and SaguaroSpirit like this.
  7. UnderstandBlue

UnderstandBlue Well-Known Member

It's in one of the interviews with her mom - they told her they couldn't because she was trying to do so from NY. I saw the info here so it's linked here somewhere a billion threads ago.

8. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

He ran home. To mommy & daddy. Not exactly the same thing as fleeing into the unknown, by himself, indefinitely.

His parents' strategy seems to have been to mow the lawn, pretend all was normal, stay silent, and the problem would just go away. Nothing in how any of them responded suggests any of them were capable of planning or getting away with an actual escape plan.

9. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

I'm inclined to agree!
    Thanks for the smiles.

10. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

They had dated long enough I don't think that is the case here. I bet Gabby had GPA as Grandpa or something in her contacts.

Newsjunkiejen likes this.
  11. Windsorite

Windsorite Well-Known Member

My guess is that they took it in NY because Nichole was the parent to have the most
    recent physical contact with her before they left. JMO

SaguaroSpirit likes this.
  12. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I think happened. I do think he (or his remains and stuff) will be found in that preserve. Probably today.

13. MollyDDD

MollyDDD Well-Known Member

:D

14. Caring4Many

Caring4Many Verified Insider-Rose Marie Gayhart Case

While I can see some of this - him not telling them, him going to CR. It was said that Police (not sure if it was LE or park police) left a note to move the car. Not sure how the parents knew this. They move the car on Wednesday. But to me the rest just seems off with their demeaner. They don't come right out and give the full details - when he left, how, the car pickup, etc....If you were concerned about someone's welfare, are you going to hold back information and then sit inside and not try to figure out if they could be other places that LE isn't searching? I don't know, at this point the craziness doesn't stop so anything is possible...IMO

15. lab.tx

lab.tx Well-Known Member

Of course I cant find the source or article now, but I read yesterday that a traffic camera did catch the Van entering North Port on September 1 at approximately 10:26 am, so that is showing that he did go back to Florida for how long who knows.

16. JRW

JRW Well-Known Member

I'm trying to understand the timeline..it takes 35 hours to drive from grand Teton to North port florida not including sleep, gas, bathroom breaks, food, traffic, construction etc.....on August 29th BL was picked up hitchhiking in grand Teton and dropped off about 10.miles from where his van was spotted...a traffic cam caught his van near north port Florida at about 10:30 am on Sept 1. Doable but doesn't leave much time for anything

DieHardChick1 and khaki like this.
  17. BUF

BUF Well-Known Member

It could “possibly” be that his parents finally gave the FBI some information that the parents ran through the lawyer and the FBI doesn’t want anything disclosed to the public.

The FBI is in charge now and they can be very tight lipped. The have an abundance of investigative resources available and know how to run an investigation.

Don’t think we can expect to get any docs available in the Florida Sunshine Law now either…we’ll see.

VaBorn, PIUK, sassyblue and 4 others like this.
  18. customCF

customCF Well-Known Member

LAhiker likes this.
  19. JRW

JRW Well-Known Member

I'm trying to understand the timeline..it takes 35 hours to drive from grand Teton to North port florida not including sleep, gas, bathroom breaks, food, traffic, construction etc.....on August 29th BL was picked up hitchhiking in grand Teton and dropped off about 10.miles from where his van was spotted...a traffic cam caught his van near north port Florida at about 10:30 am on Sept 1. Doable but doesn't leave much time for anything

20. Selah84

Selah84 Active Member

Just a thought and someone might have mentioned this but perhaps the renewed search in the new location is a result of GPS information from the Mustang?

Newsjunkiejen, 000, ogrechan and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.