Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

I thought Gabby used Bumble BFF (meeting app) not Bumble (dating app) to meet Rose.

2. Tigerlily75

Tigerlily75 Well-Known Member

Bumble is not just just a dating app, it’s a friending app, a place to find new friends in your local area, and from videos and posts I’ve seen they were indeed real life friends who spent a lot of time together and had a lot of fun. Bumble is just how they met after GP moved from NY to Florida and was obviously looking for new local friends. It has a specific section for finding friends… not romantic dates. Literally no reason a partner should get upset about it.

3. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

Yes you're right, the step dad is/was in Wyoming.....
    He may have placed the stones.

4. ocean.eyes

ocean.eyes Active Member

Bumble has a friend finder app (called Bumble BFF) that’s completely different than their dating app.

the MSM articles specify that - Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online

5. VanillaRose

VanillaRose Well-Known Member

I believe you can be attracted to someone… and still afraid of them on some level… They are not mutually exclusive.

I believed I was in love with my ex, who I later realized was a narcissist… but he had a seething white hot silent anger that truly scared me… but I still stayed with him as that wasn’t always him…

He made sure I felt like I NEEDED him in my life… and he had stealthily distanced me from my family and friends so that I was more and more under his control and under his spell… He could be very charming and sweet when it suited him.

6. shelbycat

shelbycat Well-Known Member

I’m not so sure on the location that she was found being a “dump site”. 200 yards may not seem like a lot but, dragging/carrying anything over 20 lbs across wet, rubbly terrain for that length is not easy and the creek itself is (or appears to be) relatively exposed (as in no trees, scrub, hide places).

IMO…They were not in the van. I don’t know why or how they were on the other side of the creek…maybe looking for IG shots…potential campsites…maybe one or both just stormed off after an argument…but I think they were both out of the van.

7. investikater

investikater Well-Known Member

John Walsh on Fox News:

8. Hoppa

Hoppa Active Member

I believe the thing she was afraid of the most was having her dream trip ended by the DV incident. IMO she needed him to continue her van life dream and probably loved him deeply so she stuck up for him. When I watched the body cam footage I saw a woman desperate to carry on with their journey. I also saw what i would refer to as a very manipulative man. I have no doubt that he convinced her she was "crazy". Hell, he was even trying to convince the cops of that as soon as he had the chance. Any problems she thought she had were likely exploited by him and thrown back in her face. The bodycam footage was difficult to watch and I hope people do learn from it.

BTW, this is my first post here. I really like what y'all do here but try to remember we are all on the same side. :)

9. monkey222

monkey222 Well-Known Member

What was timelime when BL flew from ? to FL to empty storage locker.?.. When did he fly back.to?? to pick up van.to return to FL?

Did GPs parents know he flew back?

Am.I recalling the fly back episode incorrectly?

Thx

10. Yaritza

Yaritza Active Member

She used Bumble BFF, which is a service to find friend exclusively.

11. simon magus

simon magus Well-Known Member

they met on the bumble bff...bff...as in best friends forever...not the dating portion of the app.

12. Seabunny

Seabunny Well-Known Member

Not a giant leap, though.

13. Han

Han Well-Known Member

So BL’s been seen at home by a neighbor. Interesting

14. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

15. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Agree. Surely, he was that smart. SMH.
    Unless it started in the van...and I'm hoping it did for the sake of evidence against BL -- think about panic and making a lot of mistakes.

16. otto

otto Verified Expert

I'm curious about their "van life." For comparison, Esther Dingley, her partner and five dogs lived an organized "van life" for six years in the Swiss Alps and Pyrenees. They didn't sleep in a tent beside the van, their clothes were put away and they slept in the van except when mountain hiking.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the van? I'm curious whether there's a 6 ft stretch where they could sleep in the van if their things were organized. How tall is he?

This matters in terms of understanding whether she was accidentally murdered next to the campsite - manslaughter, or whether she was strangled, perhaps in the van to avoid being seen by passing campsite traffic?

Doesn't van-life mean having a bed in a van?

17. Seabunny

Seabunny Well-Known Member

How beautiful. I would like to think he intentionally placed her there. Otherwise, I see a lot of potential murder weapons lying around.

VaBorn, Curious-A, Freya1977 and 6 others like this.
  18. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

I am no crime scene expert, but if she was dumped there wouldn't it take longer to try to determine where the dumper came from. To backtrack to the murder scene. I know its been weeks, but I would hope they wouldn't just write it off. Maybe they have some evidence that something happened in the van to negate the need to search. Although, while I would think crossing that creek bed would be fun in the daylight, it would be pretty miserable to do it carrying a body at night (assuming no one would be stupid enough to carry a body across 500' of creekbed in broad daylight on a busy weekend.)

How long do you think it might take to process a suicide site if means of death were obvious?

Well , I suppose they will release the autopsy report at some point.

superbee, LMDlong, KDM92 and 4 others like this.
  19. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

Because it was out in a creek wash where people don't go.

superbee, LMDlong, 303gmf and 24 others like this.
  20. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

This thread is closed early tonight due to the excessive violations and Alerts.

Check back tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.