Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes!
I didn't even know he had a tattoo on his hand so if he were to cut off a finger or something, it would be recognizable if discovered and would leave him not as recognizable.
I mean, you never know.

I doubt cutting a finger off would work as the finger would be examined and seen to have been cut off with an instrument, he would have to rip his finger or other part off.

this case has got me spooked so bad that i heard a noise out in the woods beside my house and now noticed that the door to the old run down barn out there is slightly ajar, normally i would just trudge on over on the golf cart and close it but .....uhhh im scared so Im gonna call someone ......ive been here way too long lol

Yes! My neighbor was doing shooting practice on his 100 acres next door and I kept jumping out of my seat every time he fired. It never bothered me before (rural life) but yesterday I was about to go out there telling him there's a fugitive (thousands of miles away) so he has to stop!

Super late, but I was catching up on the thread last night after it was closed and there were a lot of people saying they didn't think BL was abusive or controlling (questioning Rose, the friend GP met on Bumble).

BL was so controlling that *GP couldn't talk to anyone*. And this isn't just from what Rose claimed... but why does none of her friends or family know what happened on August 12th ? Why does no one know any detail of any fight (aside from BL's sister)?

IDK maybe its just me.. but usually friends / family had details of everything. Even when I was in an abusive relationship the only reason I probably survived was because I leaned heavily on friends for emotional support and to make sure I wasn't crazy or blowing things out of proportion. GP literally felt she had *zero support system*. She couldn't even text her mom or siblings "omg BL hit me and these are the details".

And one of the reasons for this ? He probably had access to her phone and could see every single message GP sent and received... that GP didn't even feel comfortable sharing anything with anyone, probably from the backlash she may get from BL. Even in the LE cam footage, BL says "I hope she isn't saying anything bad about me"

Just wondering this:

The comments on Gabby's IG have been limited to people who she mutually follows. This has not been changed on Brian's IG, anyone can still comment.

Wondering if FBI or LE changed the setting on Gabby's IG because they were able to get into it? Or possibly her family did it?

I don’t know if this as been posted but my god WOW.

So he actually did return home on the 1st September, neighbours saw him and said he went on a bike ride with his mum around the neighbourhood , doing repairs in the garage with the father and mowed the grass and acted like it was just a normal day and acted like nothing was wrong.
THIS!!!!
So, Brian does a 2300 mile runner, returns without his girlfriend, goes for a bike ride with Mom, helps Dad tune up the lawn mower, then mows the family's lawn before he disappears into gator world?
I don't see any suicidal behavior brewing here.
Brian is a rather composed guy owing to his circumstances.

I sure don’t have answers about the reasons why he did what he did. But Gabby wasn’t under the FBI tent that was out in the open. Helicopter crews reporting right after she was found said she was among trees and other vegetation not far from where they erected the tent. She was more hidden.

She still could have been seen by a hiker but I think he believed she was far enough off of the road to remain out of sight. He perhaps didn’t think about what could have happened to her afterwards with the wildlife in the area. He doesn’t seem terribly savvy or realistic so that doesn’t surprise me.

moo

I thought about this too. I went so far as to check moon phase. It was at about 83%-69% illumination at that point. In that area, with little light pollution, he probably still could've been spotted by campers. Obviously possible and likely, but it wouldve been risky still.

There is also a possibility that’s not where the body was originally. Wildlife could have moved it.

I don't understand why searchers are risking their own lives by traipsing through the swamp filled with gators and snakes. With the recent heavy rains those critters are on the move. We really don't need to lose any more good people over BL.
Gators really don’t attack people unless they’re lackadaisically swimming, esp outside of mating season. Floridians who actually get out into nature know what they’re doing, they just have to be attentive. They’ll sneak up & steal dogs & cats along the shoreline though.

Inside the search for Gabby's Petito's boyfriend Brian Laundrie

Aug. 24
Laundrie and Petito check out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Sept. 1
Laundrie returns home to North Port, Florida, with the van, which is registered in Petito’s name.

Sept. 11
Petito’s family file a missing person’s report with Suffolk County, New York, authorities after not hearing from her since late August.

Sept. 14
Laundrie issues a statement through a lawyer saying a search for Petito is underway in Wyoming. The statement says the Laundrie family is “remaining in the background” of the investigation.

The van is towed away from Laundrie’s home by police.

Sept. 15
Police in North Port, Florida, say Laundrie is refusing to cooperate and name him as a person of interest in her disappearance.

Sept. 16
North Port police say they know where Laundrie is but are frustrated he isn’t speaking to authorities.

Sept. 17
Florida police reveal Laundrie’s parents say he has been missing since Tuesday, Sept. 14. Both Petito and Laundrie are now being sought by the FBI.

Police officers spend two and a half hours at Laundrie’s home having a “conversation” with his parents as dozens of protesters outside yell, “Bring him out!”

Sept. 18
The search for Laundrie begins in the 24,000-acre Carlton Reserve in Sarasota, Florida. His family say that’s where he set off with a backpack on Sept. 14.

Sept. 19
Authorities recover Petito’s apparent remains in Bridger-Teton National Park in Wyoming near where her van was spotted late last month.

Sept. 20
Authorities announce they are calling off the search for Laundrie in Carlton Reserve.

FBI and police raid Laundrie’s parents’ home over an eight-hour period.

Sept. 21
Police say the FBI is taking over the criminal investigation and the search will resume for Laundrie in Carlton Reserve.

Authorities warn the search is in an “unforgiving location” where crews are “wading through gator- and snake-infested swamps and flooded hiking” trails.

If BL was indeed picked up hitchhiking (the Jackson Hole episode) he may have had the intent of leaving the van and making his way home by hitchhiking after MOO cleaning himself up and disposing of tarp because he was in a panicked state of mind.

Could he have realized that that was unrealistic and thought, why do that, why not just drive home. So then made his way back to the van. I’m not sure he was formulating an alibi at that time.

Yes! My neighbor was doing shooting practice on his 100 acres next door and I kept jumping out of my seat every time he fired. It never bothered me before (rural life) but yesterday I was about to go out there telling him there's a fugitive (thousands of miles away) so he has to stop!
yes i know what you mean, that barn door has never ever been open before so because im in florida i just got spooked lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288