Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OtisC

OtisC Well-Known Member

I use FlightRadar app

mompalm likes this.

2. kyraz

kyraz Well-Known Member

Rest Easy, Gabby <3

3. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

They mean her remains sent home.

Mimi in London and PixieStix like this.
  4. Gemmie

Gemmie Clam dip nose

Yeah, that's what I thought it possibly could be too. But I don't think whatever that shade of orange is is FBI/LE. I think it's whatever he's looking at/examining up close. I suspect it's Gabby wearing that orange shirt I posted a pic of upthread.

ctmom and MadMcGoo like this.
  5. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

BL came home. Gabby's parents of course tried to make contact. LE began knocking. Finding her body was inevitable, given how out in the open it was. He went to the swamp. His parents expected him back. He didn't return. Maybe they noticed a gun missing. They looked for him themselves, then called LE.

BL isn't hanging out in a 75% drowned swamp area, for a week, alone, drenched, bitten up, hungry, waiting for LE to come find him. Because why? To have a shoot out? He went there to kill himself, to have a last bit of control. He's nothing special, not a mastermind or an escape artist, not even a thinker or a doer. Ditto his parents, whose idea of helping him was to pretend nothing happened & to hire an out of state dui attorney.

I really hope LE finds his backpack at least, for the sake of Gabby's family. Otherwise, given what I see here & elsewhere, there is a 100% chance people will keep on looking for him, reporting they see him, and believing he eluded justice, that he got clean away with killing Gabby. That would be both sad and wrong, imo.

6. Mrs Shibbles

Mrs Shibbles Well-Known Member

I played around with paint (my very rudimentary copy and pasting skills) for some comparison.

The backpack was the first thing that caught my eye when I saw the trail cam picture early this morning.

Attached Files:

Curious Me, DCinga and LAhiker like this.
  7. Newsjunkiejen

Newsjunkiejen Former Member

Thank you, Laurie, yes we have Google maps in 'ye olde England'!

It seems the helicopters were a false alarm then if they're Army choppers on training exercises.

Thanks!

8. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

they are living in the van and visiting towns as well. They park in Walmart's as well as national parks. There is plenty of opportunities to skateboard. <modsnip - no link>

EmmieA, Veronica Sawyer, 000 and 3 others like this.
  9. citizen_sleuth

citizen_sleuth Well-Known Member

I agree. Something is very off about the supposed cross-country trip back to empty a storage unit.

My boyfriend and I have a storage unit in the city we went to college in which still has our stuff in it because we were forced out of college housing in April 2020 due to COVID. A few weeks ago, the storage facility called me to tell me the unit was damaged by a fire and even then we didn’t need to travel all the way there just to move/empty the unit (the staff there did it for us, thankfully). Point being, I can’t think of a valid reason for Brian to fly back home in the middle of their trip just to deal with a storage unit, especially not when his parents could’ve handled it for him.

10. Arkay

Arkay Well-Known Member

Yes, and I paid extra in NY for the enhanced ID. I would imagine that coming from Long Island, BL would have a NY driver’s license. A Real ID was supposed to be mandated by Oct 2020, but was postponed due to Covid. When the DMV opened again I figured I might as well get the Enhanced. If, big if, BL also decided to get the enhanced he could use that to get to Mexico. But I also agree that there would be a BOLO for him at the border now.

ctmom and citizen_sleuth like this.
  11. LavenderLotus

LavenderLotus Well-Known Member

I think it was a longboard. They went to places around cities, I saw they were in Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. Lots of people longboard there or basically anywhere with a road.

Veronica Sawyer, 000 and bmacmillan1 like this.
  12. HawthorneJuniper

HawthorneJuniper Well-Known Member

I tried to use Flight Radar 24-not really my forte but this helicopter is the most tracked flight right now!

screenshot-www.flightradar24.com-2021.09.21-16_42_37.png

ctmom, Defendress and mompalm like this.
  13. thor124

thor124 Active Member

He wouldn't. Turn it on at scheduled contact times, or once or twice a day to receive any texts waiting for you. Then turn it back off. You can make a smart phone battery last weeks doing this.

ctmom, penguinface, PIUK and 3 others like this.
  14. AdahJo

AdahJo Well-Known Member

They actually did notice them and the park ranger spoke to her about it. They may have seen it before --both the changing stories and self blame. I know a lot of people think LE dropped the ball but they spent an hour and a half with them and from the written report looked like they had done quite a bit. Arches park ranger warned Gabby Petito her relationship with Brian Laundrie seemed ‘toxic’

Goldenseal, Curious Me, scmom and 3 others like this.
  15. Rocky Mountain Hi

Rocky Mountain Hi Well-Known Member

I'm going to answer my own question posted earlier, about whether she was found near the location where her van was spotted and videoed by a couple driving through the park. There's a youtube talk show by a former NYC detective, who brought a former prosecutor and a former cop onto his show to discuss this case. In the beginning, they address the question of her location. They say without a doubt, that couple contacting authorities with their info about where they saw the van enabled them to find her.

Then they go on to discuss legal questions: is there cause to charge Brian with anything (if he's found) or not, and why or why not. Also, they discuss good reasons why he shouldn't be arrested yet. LE needs to make a case for why they think he did it, and suspicious behavior isn't enough. They go into some interesting detail.

16. My humble opinion is that when a young male (or female) breaks up or gets dumped, they want to comiserate with their friends. No one in Florida has said "My friend Brian came home and we went for beers and he complained about her etc.". I understand that he recently moved there and maybe had not made any friends there. But no one from New York where he recently moved from said the same. Nor did any friend come forward and say he called them. So why didn't he go see a friend in any state nor call a friend to talk it out?
    He went home to mommy and daddy. I believe young adults go home and talk to mom and dad when there is a SERIOUS problem. I think it was an "Oh $h*t what have I done. I need help. I better go home and get my parents to help me. Just my opinion.

17. Thinker22

Thinker22 Well-Known Member

RE the messy van shown in the bodycam:

Didn't Brian tell the Moab officers that he had been moving her food around and that she might be mad about that? Looks like he may have been moving it using a few overhand throws. (forcefully, disrespectfully, and messy) That would upset me, too!

18. sleepysleuth

sleepysleuth Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

nikkim518, geevee, Alias Gray and 6 others like this.
  19. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

I don’t think the guy on the trail camera is BL; profile is very different, and to me, BL appears much slimmer than this guy. IMO

PixieStix, hmmmm... and StarryNight like this.
  20. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.