Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m absolutely blown away that you have a moment to step out and get a gallon of milk while your son is on the run for murdering his young fiancé who until recently literally lived under your roof? Wow. Wow. Wow. These parents should have been taken in for questioning days ago! Now they’re having cookies and milk?! MOO IMO

Peop
According to Gabby's girlfriend (article posted backthread) Brian was a loner who had no friends. I felt at the time this might be a somewhat harsh judgement, but now...with no one coming forward or no one researched out by the media--I believe it is probably true.

People that knew both of them from school had some comments about them as a couple.

It's in the People Magazine.

Just a theory. Search teams have actually been following BL at the reserve for some time today. LE was waiting for the coroner’s presumption of homicide. Now the can bring him in as a suspect. Circling aircraft on top of him now. Just a theory.

I'd believe this, considering the police's verbiage yesterday at the conclusion of the day, which sounded very much like "we're winding up this search because we've satisfied ourselves that Brian isn't in the wildlife preserve at all", IIRC.

Frankly, I was surprised to find LE there again today considering they had said it yesterday; but now I think/wonder if they didn't say that primarily in order to stop civilians making their own search.

Charge =/= indict. Grand juries indict.

I do not believe they need a lot of 'hard evidence'. . .i think there is a boat load of circumstantial-- video, police reports, his behavior, character witnesses for her, the hiding and eluding LE, and any electronic data they can obtain---all of it together makes for a good bit of evidence. Whether it's a crime of passion (which i feel it is) or premeditated (don't feel it), i do not think for one second they will have trouble. The issue will become a fair unbiased trial. That will be hard.

Last, I have thought the BL being the narcissist that he is would not kill himself. . . I am starting to feel differently. Of course I am hoping for a long painful time in the clink, but i'd settle for getting eaten by gators at this point.

But he went to the swamp on a Tuesday, and they retrieved the Mustang on a Tuesday or maybe Wednesday. That was just a day or so. Why would they be worried? And then they drive the car back?
I don't understand any of this or, indeed, that family.
I'm trying to catch up, why bring any board? That place is not skate friendly. I'm wondering how swampy it is, it's much like my land. A lot of rain makes it swampy...

I replied to the wrong post!
I'd think his parents would look for him if, you know, they are CONCERNED? he was....MISSING?!? Jeez. Yet they don't extend any concern for Gabby.

Maybe they didn't help him?

Gabby Petito: Brian Laundrie search resuming in Carlton Reserve as autopsy due Tuesday: LIVE UPDATES

LIVE Updates

FBI confirms identity of body believed to be Gabby Petito

Autopsy results have confirmed that the remains found Sunday in the Bridger-Teton National Forest are those of Gabby Petito, a 22-year-old woman who disappeared while on a trip exploring national parks with her fiancé, according to the FBI in Denver.

The FBI tweeted that Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue ruled the death a homicide in his preliminary findings.

"The cause of death remains pending final autopsy results," the FBI said, while saying Petito's fiance, Brian Laundrie, is a person of interest.

Complicity is the participation in a completed criminal act of an accomplice, a partner in the crime who aids or encourages (abets) other perpetrators of that crime, and who shared with them an intent to act to complete the crime.

This also means in FL that BL could be charged with this if he knew she would die of any cause(s) and did nothing to render aid or call for help. We know now she was murdered, So IMO there are still a lot of facts that will come out, including BL’s parents involvement.
This also makes me wonder about accessory after the fact charges.

I have tried but I can not think of any reason at all why a man would leave his sweetheart behind and drive home in her van with her phone.

Then we find out he left his dead sweetheart behind. Makes no sense

You would never leave someone you love behind laying in a field unprotected from the elements.

Maybe a dumb question. How can they rule it a homicide but not determine how? If you don’t see a cause of death how do you know it was homicide? Or could it be multiple injuries and have to determine which killed her? Confused!

there can be obvious signs of homicide (strangulation, dismemberment - sorry not to be graphic) - further testing would be needed to prove what was the exact cause of death but there can be obvious signals of homicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken