Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newsjunkiejen

Newsjunkiejen On Time Out

I actually think it's just this site trying to cope with the interest level in this thread, because it's been moving at lightning speed the past few days.

It's hard to keep up, and I too have inadvertently ended up posting double posts too.

Midgie2 and LavenderLotus like this.

2. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

I honestly respect them so much. They have to harden themselves in such a lifeless way to keep emotions and feelings out of everything they do and say. Not just anyone can do what they do.

I just can’t with this lawyer sending these text message statements lol. His words are so cold and brief already so the text message format of it all just makes the things he’s saying that much colder IMO.

Turkeytrot, LoveyG, Midgie2 and 3 others like this.
  3. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

He told them something that made them ignore her mom’s texts wondering where the kids were… What could possibly explain that?

neesaki, Laughing, MerBeach and 18 others like this.
  4. Freth

Freth Well-Known Member

Since her YT channel is tied to BL's parents' address, the award will go to them and most likely get tossed in the trash.

5. justbeachy

justbeachy Well-Known Member

Given BL's propensity for hiking and being in nature, my mind keeps going to the Ocala National Forest. He couldn't walk there, but if he had help, it is roughly a 3 hour drive from North Port (it is north of Orlando). The ONF is 600+ sq. miles of forest and, having personally searched within it for other missing people, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. There are populated, touristy, hiking areas but there are also vast areas of wilderness.

IMO MOO

6. sleuthloapf

sleuthloapf New Member

7. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

Has it been established that the van was in the garage at the Laundrie home? I've seen mixed comments about this.

Midgie2 and Dualactionfoamer like this.
  8. Skigirl

Skigirl Verified expert in neuroscience

I agree that he's probably not been hiding out in a FL nature preserve. I am wondering if he's someplace around his old home town on Long Island, staying with an aunt, uncle, cousin, or grandparent's house. I don't know if he still has extended family up there, but if I were in LE, that's one place I'd be looking.

Laughing, SparkleGal7, scmom and 4 others like this.
  9. sandcastle00

sandcastle00 Well-Known Member

I wish the police would sue Brian's parents for the cost of this search at the conclusion of it. This was entirely avoidable if they had just been forthcoming.

10. lizzied

lizzied Well-Known Member

As soon as i saw the MOAB video that was on ABC news--I think it was now about a week ago. . . I said outloud--she's not alive. There was in the video just too many indications of a unsafe relationship, submissive behavior, her "I'm sorry it's my fault' as she first spoke to LE, his constant peering at the SUV she was sitting in while the LE spoke to him, his finger pointing about her 'anxiety', him refusing water as he 'didn't believe in plastic" (is that even a thing), his discussion and aligning with the police, all of it. I just felt it. . . I think many of us did. It shocks me that it took the MSM so many days to really comment on the red flags that we saw. MOO

11. sandcastle00

sandcastle00 Well-Known Member

I wish the police would sue Brian's parents for the cost of this search at the conclusion of it. This was entirely avoidable if they had just been forthcoming.

12. isrod

isrod Well-Known Member

I already followed. Very easy. So you go to YouTube and search for their Nomadic Channel and subscribe.

13. Nosurprise

Nosurprise Well-Known Member

Hi, sorry to bother..there have too many posts to go through and I don't know if I was misrembering. Wasn't there a gun case that on Friday was pulled out of mustang. There was a news clip? Is that correct.? Did someone on here confirm he had a concealed weapon permit in fla. ? Does anyone remember if he took it on the trip? Thank you.

14. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

PhoebeTries, Newsjunkiejen and bammab like this.
  15. acutename

acutename Well-Known Member

bringing this forward:
    https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...k-25-aug-2021-22.588550/page-35#post-17107968

FWIW, I did watch the YouTube video and I thought it was interesting- I know that there are a million YouTube videos these days, so maybe not unique enough to capture the world's imagination- but I thought it was interesting enough to watch. I do think that GP wanted to keep the van tidy because she saw it as part of a stage set- not a camper van so much as part of "where they would be filming." If you see her in the video, she looks clean and neat and well dressed- not like a person sweating her way along a trail. So, yeah, it was fantasy. The one line in the video that stuck with me is her saying: "Yeah, Gabby, who never goes outdoors..." ....she is introducing the two of them. Someone else posted before here on WS that BL really wanted to go outdoors and hike and test himself and that GP was not like that- that the two had totally different objectives. That resonated with me. I just cannot get over that they were so young and should have been able to part and start over without fatal consequences.

16. john's mom

john's mom Well-Known Member

I am trying to get caught up after working all day. What are you referring to re: FBI & “others”. I am so sad about Gabby. What do you mean by something else concurrently?
    Thank you.

PixieStix likes this.
  17. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

A
    Diett
    Not bringing your dirty feet into a van does not seem OCD.
    Just sounds like she was tidy and had a work ethic.

Laughing, TRB, LinasK and 5 others like this.
  18. GRT

GRT Well-Known Member

I just wonder whether it is a crime not to tell authorities if you know someone has died?

Even if we give BL's parents the benefit of the doubt that they didn't help Brian escape, it's virtually impossible that they didn't know Gabby was dead. They would not have hired a lawyer otherwise.

And, then they sent a message, via their attorney saying they hoped Ms Petito was reunited with her family.

I don't know if any of that makes them criminals, but in the minds of many, it makes them the scum of the earth.

That said, I do feel a little sorry for them. Their lives as they knew them are over. The young lady who lived under their roof was murdered, and their son--if he's alive--faces a lifetime of running. Their hopes for him to have a good life are over, and people will always wonder if the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Gabby's parents can hold their head high. They lost an angle. Not so for the Laundries. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2021
  19. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

You're assuming her fam has her passwords. I hope you're right!

20. skyedaze

skyedaze Well-Known Member

Yeah they need to clip it!
    They have no right to say her name now since they did zero....less than zero if that's possible...to help when they could have earlier.

Elmatadorzgrl, Andreee, Sachi and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.