Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

me either, its their silence that speaks volumes!!

abr, KLCD620, Doghairrules and 10 others like this.

2. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

MOO The friend she was going to meet there who she had went to stay with the other times they had a fight?

forgetmenot, khaki, Bootsctr and 3 others like this.
  3. glammistress

glammistress Active Member

moonshell, d4j, Newton and 24 others like this.
  4. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

In that hypothetical I don't think they would proceed - I think they'd feel comfortable that the family members felt bad enough about what they did that prosecution would not serve any state ends.

I think in general the prosecution would have wide discretion in deciding whether to charge any family members even if the suspect is captured and arrested. If someone provided, for example, a car and a weapon - that situation may weigh in favor of charges. If the family decides to talk and provides evidence that they did not know a crime was committed, they may decide not to press charges. So it would depend on the specific factual situation.

5. mommadukes

mommadukes Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for all that you do!!!!!

6. shelbycat

shelbycat Well-Known Member

7. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

Exactly zero. If you are referring to the Moab couple, that was over 500 miles away. Hardly the same area.

LoveyG, JB1958, SuperTmo and 9 others like this.
  8. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

I had not read that the SISTER did not answer either. SAD to not answer or return a call. Yet, we have now seen her share postcards to the news. I wonder what changed there.

JB1958, Interlude, abr and 20 others like this.
  9. SovereignSnake

SovereignSnake Well-Known Member

Now we have this Jessica Schultz coming out and saying she saw Brian on the the evening of August 26th at 8:10pm at Spread Creek Campground. So now* it seems we have to go back even further and suggest Gabby could have been killed the night of the 25th into the early morning hours of the 26th. Jessica said they weren't even in a designated campsite but more of a parking spot and had none of their equipment or anything unpacked the whole time the van was parked there. "A few days." Could Gabby and Brian have arrived the evening of the 25th after dark, stopped at Spread Creek but didn't know where to camp or whom to talk to about getting a spot so they just parked the van in that random spot, something happened, Brian kills Gabby, then disposes of her across the river from where the van was parked. Brian returns to the van to recompose himself and more or less "hides" in the van. On the next evening of the 27th Brian is spotted (allegedly) closing the back door to the van as that couple drives by filming. Then, perhaps on the morning of the 28th Brian finally comes out of whatever bizarre, catatonic, trance he's been in the last few days and hikes out of Spread Creek on foot and seemingly wanders round the park until he approaches Miranda Lambert and her boyfriend on the evening of the 29th at Coulter Bay Village. Also, I watched Jessica Schultz's other TikTok videos and I 100% agree with her theory about why Brian freaked out and asked to get let out at Jackson Lake Dam. It seems Brian wanted get closer to Spread Creek Campground but also did not want to give anyone any hints that that was where he was heading. Back for the van. Taking that "Teton Park Road" would have bypassed Spread Creek Campground and Forest Rd 30290 completely. ~Yet another theory.

TikTok witness who noticed ‘creepy’ Laundrie alone directed police to Petito’s body

10. makayla

makayla Well-Known Member

Especially when you factor in that whatever he told them, they refused any communication from Gabby’s family as to where their daughter was!!!

11. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Brian Laundrie's neighbor reacts to Gabby Petito homicide confirmation

Charlene Guthrie, who lives across the street from Brian Laundrie's Florida home on Tuesday reacted to news of Gabby Petito's preliminary autopsy report.

Guthrie noted that while Laundrie has not been accused of any crime, the FBI's announcement that Petito died of homicide and Laundrie's disappearance in September look "really, really bad for him," adding that his parents should have spoken up.

JB1958, Interlude, abr and 27 others like this.
  12. citizen_sleuth

citizen_sleuth Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

MerBeach, HayLouise, JB1958 and 21 others like this.
  13. tresptip

tresptip Well-Known Member

Did the police find Gabbys phone?
    If not,its still possible that Brian went hiking to get away from the arguing and give Gabby some peace to work on her blog.While he was gone some men with guns discovered Gabby alone,and forced her with a
    gun to walk to that spot in the woods where they did whatever to her and murdered her.Then they took
    her phone and made those text message replies to buy them some time, then ditched the phone somewhere.
    Brian later comes back after a day or 2 and she's not there,sees that things are amiss ,gets scared thinking
    somethings bad has happened and thinks what if they are still around and is so traumatized that all he can think of is to get the heck out of there and go home.Doesn't talk to anyone about it because hes too scared.

14. If his story sounded off, why didn't his mom just call or text Gabby to make sure she was ok? Doesn't that sound logical? Unless of course he told them that she was no longer alive...

15. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

Coroner IDs remains, says Gabby Petito was homicide victim - ABC News (go.com)
    NORTH PORT, Fla. --
    Gabby Petito was killed by another person, a coroner concluded while also confirming that the human remains found recently at a Wyoming national park were those of the 22-year-old woman who disappeared months after she set out on a cross-country road trip with her boyfriend, the FBI said Tuesday.

Teton County Coroner Brent Blue determined Petito was a homicide victim, but did not disclose a cause of death pending final autopsy results, officials said. Her body was found Sunday near an undeveloped camping area in remote northern Wyoming along the border of Grand Teton National Park.

carbuff, PixieStix, LinasK and 3 others like this.
  16. citizen_sleuth

citizen_sleuth Well-Known Member

This witness statement confirms what many of us on here suspected all along. That Brian was the primary aggressor during the Moab incident, not Gabby. His words are very hard to read knowing what we know now.

LoveyG, squish, JB1958 and 22 others like this.
  17. ohioexpat63

ohioexpat63 Well-Known Member

I don't know at the time he disappeared he didnt have the right to move freely about. It seems if they are going to be accused of helping him escape then he had to have been under some sort of house arrest. I don't know that the facts at this time support connecting those dots. Maybe they do. In any event I won't jump to conclusions based off someone else's speculation and opinion. I freely admit their actions are questionable, at best. I'm not sure how I'd react if it were my kid under similar circumstances.

18. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

gee and i thought my handwriting was bad.......but im happy he tried to help,even though i cant read it all

Tutter, jking, Bootsctr and 7 others like this.
  19. BeachSky

BeachSky Well-Known Member

I thought BL mumbled something about he practices -distance- and -taking a break-
    to the officer.
    Silent treatment. A Punishment. Dead or alive that’s what he’s doing now IMO.

LoveyG, MerBeach, JB1958 and 12 others like this.
  20. bammab

bammab Former Member

Watching the video of the people walking around that campsite and to the other side of the bushes... I hope anyone who questioned why anyone would camp there has changed their mind by now. It's an absolutely beautiful area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.