Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LauraAnne

LauraAnne Well-Known Member

It seems frivolous, but they have to eat.

At this point, I'd rather be Gabby's mother than Brian's. Their lives are now ruined, too.

2. hey-Debbie

hey-Debbie Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the police could charge the parents for obstruction of justice? Would they be able to get a hold of their bank accounts or a way to find out if they gave him money, possibly purchased a burner phone for him, etc?

3. Cinna

Cinna Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, but is the body supposed to be under the tent or is that just shade for the searchers?

ChiCubs2016 and NamiNam like this.
  4. idfinch

idfinch Well-Known Member

This is what I was thinking too, and probably why there is interest in the footage, the tent, the recovery site. If she was buried even partially and not by an animal, that could lend evidence towards homicide?

Hypothetically, would burial be enough, or are there actual physical requirements from the autopsy itself to determine homicide and not, say, a cover up after an accident? I do NOT believe that happened here btw, just using it as an example to understand the legalities of the manner of death vs undetermined.

All moo

5. FLmom777

FLmom777 Well-Known Member

6. LAhiker

LAhiker Well-Known Member

AFAIK, authorities investigated and found no evidence of a connection to Brian's case. To find the posts, you could do a search of the forum with key words such as "deer cam" "trail cam" or "trail camera." You could also search just within the previous thread or two.

ETA: @Hyway has an even better suggestion below.
    JMO

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  7. fish&chips

fish&chips Member

RIP Gabby

I didn't want to believe that the body was hers, but looks like it is.

Also, the threads main heading now has changed from missing to found deceased - heartbreaking.

I can't begin to imagine what the LE are going through who stopped them after the fight.

He was calm, cool, collected. She was in a bad place and needed help. But instead they helped and accommodated him.

8. RabidDogISC

RabidDogISC Well-Known Member

The “note” was a tow notification for parking there overnight. I guess the locals there know you get one if the car is there for 24hours. Since BL did not come home the next morning the parents may have assumed he was still “camping” out there and didn’t want the car towed so they drove out to the parking lots and found it, brought it home. Doesn’t seem odd to me as this is a norm for communities that have these kinds of parks and most parents keep a set of keys to their kids cars for emergencies. BL’s parents knew he went there to go hiking the day before they picked up the car.

9. BUF

BUF Well-Known Member

Not a dumb question.

The medical examiner can usually tell from the body, something major. We do not know the state her body was in when found, without being graphic. They send samples out for testing, including toxicology (which is standard) that takes time getting back from labs. The ME also takes into consideration the investigation and what they find, and this is an ongoing investigation at this point. We all have to be patient.

10. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

no sane bf would. A psychopath would only think of themselves. Zero empathy or conscience for others.

11. jvikes

jvikes Well-Known Member

I believe if you watch the video, that is a camping spot - #4 I believe. I'm guessing the sign is just indicating what's allowed or not on the spot (tent allowed, no fires, no campers for example). The Lullaby book being a covert signal for pregnancy is just the *chef's kiss* of stupidity in that article.

12. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

Thank you for this.

13. JurassicParker

JurassicParker WS Newb

MOO: My guess is they ran the plates and called whoever the car was registered to. Which I believe is the father. So they would have called his parents to let them know the car was going to be towed. Found the note when they showed up to get it. I think that's also when they realized BL was GONE GONE and reported it to the police.

14. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

I'm new here so there may be an easier way, but I look through my alerts (top right of the thread) for posts stating someone quoted my post and then I check if thats the post where I asked a question.

15. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

Not unless they can get a fake passport and vax confirmation in a very short time with no money trail, which is probably very difficult. If Brian left the country through legit means, the FBI would know by now.

16. GatorFL

GatorFL Well-Known Member

The Keys would be a terrible place to hide. Although I have wondered if he indeed went south and ended his life somewhere. A hike to the Everglades is probably 2-3 days. A suicide gunshot in the head in the water in Big Cypress where there are a lot of alligators and he may never be found.

17. bammab

bammab Former Member

I hope the people spreading national forest signs as ultrasound pics are arrested first, personally. I need a break from this thread now. Thank you mods for doing an awesome job and sorry that this reply probably contributes to the work you need to do.

18. LavenderLotus

LavenderLotus Well-Known Member

One thing I like to keep in mind is for a defense attorney, the better they represent their client, the less chance they have on appeal (if they are guilty).

Beren, ChiCubs2016, loveplace and 3 others like this.
  19. MysteryMama

MysteryMama Well-Known Member

There is a big storm approaching where the copter was circling, so maybe that is why they had to go back in. Hopefully it was something!

20. wolf88

wolf88 Active Member

Do people normally die/ murder people by streams? Seems like there have been a few of those this summer. Never noticed before.

Beren and captdj like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.