Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyway

Hyway On Time Out

I can go along with most of that, but I can't imagine anyone, not even the most protective helicopter parent, could stay silent if they thought she might be missing and he could help locate her. The only sympathy I can dredge up for the Laundries, and it ain't much, is if after they got the text from GP's mom BL told his parents that he killed her, and knowing nothing they could do now could prevent that, they went into protective mode for their son. Still reprehensible, but not as bad if they thought she might be lost and in danger but did nothing.

2. Figuring

Figuring Well-Known Member

I'm just pausing to say what a good & skillful video Gabby made last month, for what was to be their van life--the edits, the score, the overall vibe, etc. She had a real vision for what she wanted to achieve & share. And she had a lot of courage to embark on such a massive, imaginative undertaking--this huge trek, especially at such a young age. It takes a lot of drive, passion, bravery, & hard work to do what she was doing, & I really admire her for her talents, & for trying to bring more joy & beauty & adventure into this world.

RIP Gabby.

3. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Not exactly.
    What her mother said was that Gabby never referred to him as 'Stan', she called him Grandpa.
    Yet in the text her mum received on 27th?? he was referred to as Stan.

4. Wicked Strong

Wicked Strong Well-Known Member

During the search warrant, they did seem to spend a lot of time looking at & in the shed that was in the backyard of the parents house. Taking pictured from the outside and the inside, also measuring it. I wondered if it contained Gabby's belongings, but maybe they were looking for signs of it being occupied recently? MOO

5. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

I will pray for Gabby's family.

I think Gabby had a lot of potential with blogging her van life. It is gut wrenching that Brian only wanted to tear that down and to tear her down. I am reminded of a saying. You are better off by yourself than with the wrong person.

RIP Gabby.

6. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

lots of thinks can cause the death to be ruled a homicide, a bashed in head from a rock or tree limb.....drag marks without signs that a animal did it, bruises, like defensive wounds, alot of stuff

7. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Marg from Oz, LadyL, Bootsctr and 2 others like this.
  8. Hyway

Hyway On Time Out

Its known information and widely discussed here. In fact I saw a video of her interview on this thread a hour or two ago.

Fidobell and Marg from Oz like this.
  9. lab.tx

lab.tx Well-Known Member

Welcome!!!

10. shelbycat

shelbycat Well-Known Member

then why didn’t she answer the calls and texts from Gabby’s parents ca. Sept. 10?

11. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

Apologies if someone has already said this (struggling to keep up with the thread)!

In the Sterling Koehn case they had an expert testify about how they used the gestation of the maggots and flies, found in Sterling's nappy to determine how long he'd been left alone to die in his swing. (sorry gruesome I know).

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  12. GatorFL

GatorFL Well-Known Member

Northport is also a little rural. A remote house backing up to the woods? Could be.

13. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

Brian and Gabby were high school sweethearts, weren't they?

14. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

That's plausible, but what about the ones that are marking rocks and downed rotting logs?

15. PixieStix

PixieStix Well-Known Member

Or no leash at all after there person of interest poofed into the night :rolleyes:

I speculate they have more evidence on the body to say it was a homicide definitively. Time will tell. I had a lengthy discussion this evening with a colleague Doctor friend, and we discussed what kind of evidence they might have or not have based on the potential condition of the body to confirm homicide. It's likely we hear the preliminary cause of death soon, but the testing and everything else will take weeks. MOO

16. GoldfishMango

GoldfishMango Well-Known Member

I didn’t see any rocks spray painted. The pics I saw were circular numbered trees and a log. Although, you might be right. We’re the rocks also numerical as the trees were?

Marg from Oz likes this.
  17. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

They had their guns drawn. Imo, they were looking for Brian and are no longer buying into the parent's lies.

18. Wicked Strong

Wicked Strong Well-Known Member

But how would BL hear about hate speech if he is in the wildlife preserve?

19. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

Thanks, kitty. So, IMO if she never referred to him as Stan, then that’s probably not how he is listed in her phone either. JMO.

JRAL, Marg from Oz, Bootsctr and 3 others like this.
  20. dtowndetective411

dtowndetective411 Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing a few days ago re: are they sharing a lawyer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.