Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skigirl

Skigirl Verified expert in neuroscience

I was thinking something sort of similar, that it would be rough for me to be a prop in someone's months-long, staged-for-instagram trip. NOT that I think that justifies anything that happened, but I think it would strain a relationship when one person is trying to develop into an influencer and the other one is not.

2. BigCityAccountant

BigCityAccountant Well-Known Member

I disagree. LE as a public servant had the moral responsibility to take her in for a mental health evaluation. Now whether that was a legal responsibility is another story—-but certainly a moral responsibility as a public servant. We don’t know what the outcome of a hospital visit would have disclosed about abuse or anxiety, but again I don’t think LE is qualified to make that determination. Don’t misunderstand, I am totally pro-LE and I support our local sheriff 110%, but I do think they dropped the ball on their moral responsibility.

angelwngs, Marg from Oz, GRT and 4 others like this.
  3. Yes! Agree completely. When you have experience with these things, you see the signs.

4. Figuring

Figuring Well-Known Member

I know if I was wanted in relation to a murder & maybe living in an alligator infested swamp, & being looked for by the FBI, what I'd most be worried about is what an anonymous message board has to say about me...

5. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

Has drowning been speculated upon as the cause of Gabby's death?

Not sure if this could be determined at autopsy though considering the length of time she was there for.

6. IzzyBlanche

IzzyBlanche Well-Known Member

They would have done better to have said nothing at all. Disgusting.

7. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Could be but how would a stranger have known which parent to text about it?

penguinface, PIUK, janewall and 10 others like this.
  8. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

That's why I think that the text was either Gabby sending a coded message to her mom that she was in danger from him, or him sending her mom a message to make her think that it was from Gabby. Other perps have done that.

Marg from Oz, GRT, LAhiker and 4 others like this.
  9. GoldfishMango

GoldfishMango Well-Known Member

10. JayWill

JayWill Former Member

BBM. There is a difference from being treated hostilely than how that officer treated Brian. Was it necessary to tell Brian about his experience with his toxic ex wife? Was it necessary to laugh when Brian called Gabby crazy.
    They should be impersonal and definitely never bring their own personal experiences into that situation. IMO
    <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2021
  11. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

I can't speak unilaterally or for all, but I'm almost positive it's been said that the person making the original 911 call of Brian slapping Gabby, had in fact flown the coop by the time the police showed up.

If that is true, the officers did not in fact 'ignore' it. They noted it in their report. How much weight are they supposed to give to it if the original "maker" of the complaint isn't currently around to be queried? People have lied on "domestics" before to get other people in trouble.

12. TommyVee

TommyVee Active Member

But in the end, I do believe the shelter provided the funds for Brian to stay at the hotel which allowed for Gabby to stay with the van, for seperation to take place and without citing anyone.

Curious-A, Marg from Oz, PIUK and 8 others like this.
  13. BigCityAccountant

BigCityAccountant Well-Known Member

I disagree. LE as a public servant had the moral responsibility to take her in for a mental health evaluation. Now whether that was a legal responsibility is another story—-but certainly a moral responsibility as a public servant. We don’t know what the outcome of a hospital visit would have disclosed about abuse or anxiety, but again I don’t think LE is qualified to make that determination. Don’t misunderstand, I am totally pro-LE and I support our local sheriff 110%, but I do think they dropped the ball on their moral responsibility.

14. sleuthin4fun

sleuthin4fun Active Member

I would say that yes you can. I am from SWFL and was told once by someone who lives in the Keys "This is where people go who want to disappear." The person who said this had originally worked on Wall Street and left and moved to the Keys.

15. Vegasgrl

Vegasgrl Well-Known Member

It's a three bedroom house, maybe Gabby had her own space, that's not unusual for young couples now, in my experience. We don't know how much income Gabby was contributing to the household, or how much stuff she had.

16. putnam6

putnam6 Same as it ever was...

Yep Brian has dwindling days he can say he wasn't on location.

Doghairrules and PixieStix like this.
  17. MollyDDD

MollyDDD The Geator with the Heater.

Let there be lawsuits!!!

Marg from Oz, JayWill and Herat like this.
  18. Etilema

Etilema Kind to the cruel = Cruel to the kind

People who knew him growing up are quoted in the article linked below saying he was “nice”, “quiet”, “funny”, ״a good kid”. Basically seems like he was mild-mannered.

Friends of Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito speak publicly about their relationship: 'They seem to be pretty in love'

[Edited for wording.]

19. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

It would certainly at least rule out suicide IMO. Sounds silly, I guess, but it's still evidence no matter how obvious.

20. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

Killers have done that in other cases to make relatives believe that the victim is still alive. Some have forced the victims to even pre-write letters or postcards, or have sent letters and cards to the families pretending to be the victim.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.