Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
this hit hard :(

I too hope and pray that Gabby get Justice!!

You know what's really sad?

Gabby wanted to be an Influencer. She wanted to be known on social media and have that following and engagement from people far and wide. This is what she was trying to build up with her blogs and posts, so that we could follow her adventures.

There's a bitter irony in the fact that the hashtag of her name has been viewed over 650 million times so far, but for all the wrong reasons.

Whoever did this to her - whether BL or not - I hope they get what's coming to them.

MOO

Coroner: Body of Gabby Petito identified, death officially ruled a homicide

Federal investigators immediately pledged to find the killer in the bizarre case, where the 22-year-old victim’s longtime love disappeared one week ago and remained in the wind. Petito’s remains were discovered this past Sunday, weeks after she disappeared while traveling alone with her childhood sweetheart-turned-“person of interest” Brian Laundrie.

Laundrie and his parents have steadfastly refused to meet with local or federal investigators since he arrived home alone from the trip for two on Sept. 1, with the family making no calls to report Petito as a missing person.

In a statement announcing the identification, the feds issued an appeal for “anybody with information about Mr. Laundrie’s role in this matter or his current whereabouts to contact the FBI.”

The search for Laundrie, 23, continued as a lawyer for his family canceled a scheduled Tuesday news conference and authorities combed a sprawling Florida nature preserve where he supposedly traveled one week ago — and has yet to resurface.

“I hope they get what’s coming, and that includes his folks,” said Petito. “Because I’ll tell you, right now, they are just as complicit in my book.”

Been reluctant up till now to give a theory but I am ready after reading today’s news. Her friend Rosie in Florida whom she was supposed to meet up with on August 29 at Yellowstone was of the opinion that Brian was “ A little off “ due to odd behavior such as leaving them at the beach and wandering off. It seems Rosie was uncomfortable around Brian as she got to know him better. Rosie also reports that Gabby told her that Brian heard voices and would have what she called “episodes” when he would not sleep. Gabby at times needed a break and would spend the time at Rosie’s house overnight. Rosie also states that she believes she was Gabby’s only friend in Florida, not because Gabby was unable to make friends but rather because Brian was so afraid of losing her, and was resentful of their friendship. They once had plans to visit a bar together, and Rosie reports Brian had taken Gabby‘s ID to prevent her from going out with Rosie. Gabby had plans to meet up with Rosie in Yellowstone on August 29. I believe Gabby was murdered (coroner today declared her death a homicide) sometime between August 26 and August 28. Brian and the van were seen by at least two separate people at the dispersement site where her body was found on August 26 and 27th, with no sign of Gabby. They had been arguing at least since August 12 when the body cam was taken by LE. I can only imagine the rage that had built up in Brian who also was reported to have attempted to take the van and her phone when they were brawling on August 12. He wanted both the phone and the van. And he did not want her to see the one friend she had whom he greatly resented. That I believe was the motive for hurting her. He did not want her to see Rosie on 29 August. He wanted the van badly. Her van, The van that she stated in one of her videos while gazing at it lovingly “ I love the van!” Almost as if it were a beloved child. Also learned today that his parents or he or both had the van hidden in the garage when he returned to North Port on September 1. All consciousness of guilt, IMO. I don’t think Brian is a monster but I think he is very immature and possibly has severe mental issues. This is all just my opinion.

Last edited:
I saw that the youtube channel that found their van (Red White & Bethune) is trying to get Gabby's Nomadic Statik to 100k followers so that YouTube will send them the coveted play button you get when you reach that many followers. It is a goal of so many youtubers, I think it's a nice gesture. So far it is at 75k.
I found it and subscribed. Something for Gabby!

Well, it would be much easier to make his way across south AL, the MS gulf coast, LA and then TX. You could travel through most of that gulf coast area into Louisiana in a day, especially if you caught a ride with a trucker. I think this is exactly why the initial reports of possible sightings near Mobile, AL got so much attention. It was a logical assumption that he might be headed that direction. Those reports now seem to have been looked into and nothing came of them. I really think the heat is too high right now for him to risk hitchhiking, but you never know. We are still sorting through that one report of him possibly hitchhiking in Wyoming so we could make that assumption that he might do it. He could also be disguised well, so.....

A greyhound from Sarasota to the TX border is under $150...

Without knowing all the facts, it is a stretch to say the parents are complicit in anything. It's an emotional time for many thst have invested hours towards this case. We should allow facts drive our posts and not emotions. Loaning our child a car eventually used in armed robbery doesn't make us complicit to the crime. Jmo
Son returns home from trip without fiance.
Refuses to talk to her parents. Refuses to talk to police.
And he escaped with their help.

Last edited:
Nope still only POI he can still plead the 5th or go anywhere if they find him. Can you believe that? Pathetic, stilll no warrant or charging him.
I think LE has to wait for the results of an autopsy to make sure it is a homicide and not a suicide, etc. They can't arrest anyone if it's deemed suicide or natural causes, etc.

Can you hide anonymously in the FL keys? I thought they were small communities of mostly wealthy people. Never been there though.

It has its share of stories, involving people like Al Capone, and places like Chickoslee Island. I've heard it's a place to "disappear" in. Given BL's reading material, I wonder.
I mean, what if he did a misdirect and then headed south? Pure speculation on my part.

It will be sent to the address they have on file for the channel, which I am assuming is Brian's parents house (according to LE, being her last registered address)
…and her parent’s (or their attorney) can change the address as her legal NOK. Why is this bothering you so much lol. Just let people subscribe, don’t subscribe if you don’t want to be part of it.

I saw that the youtube channel that found their van (Red White & Bethune) is trying to get Gabby's Nomadic Statik to 100k followers so that YouTube will send them the coveted play button you get when you reach that many followers. It is a goal of so many youtubers, I think it's a nice gesture. So far it is at 75k.
That's a super lovely idea, I'd love to support it.
It's hugely symbolic- even though her physical life was stolen, others will fulfil her dreams for her and on her behalf!
There's a great message of hope in that gesture!

(what is a play button and why is it coveted? I'm not very familiar with Tube.. and how can we support this worthy cause which I sense will become a safe place for many victims of DV in the future?)

Im very interested that the FBI are still asking for info from people at Spread Creek from the 27th through the 30th. Do we think they may have information that he was still in the area on the 30th? That would be quite the drive at that point.

I think they are trying to maybe pinpoint the last time someone saw Gabby alive.

Im curious what BL's end game is here if he is in fact still in this park in FL. Does he think everyone will just go away? I guess Im just really skeptical that he is still there.

He might be waiting for forensic evidence to clear his name whether he is in the park or not. Not saying it will, just saying that could be a possible end game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member