Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that Gabby was on her own in a hotel at some point and told her parents that the reason Brian wasnt there was because he flew back to florida to clean out the storage unit. It was at that point that one of the parents ordered her a pizza to be delivered to her hotel room. I dont think there's been any corroboration that he actually went to Florida.
Did he leave her without the van or keys?

[bbm]

what park ranger?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.de...-gabby-petito-relationship-seemed-toxic-brian

“I was probably more candid with her than I should've been,” Hulls recalls, warning Petito that her and Laundrie’s relationship had the markings of a “toxic” one.

“I was imploring with her to reevaluate the relationship, asking her if she was happy in the relationship with him, and basically saying this was an opportunity for her to find another path, to make a change in her life,” she said.

MOO - Thoughts on where Brian may be hiding. I know the Venice area just West of the Carlton Reserve decently well as some of my friends got a place there earlier this year. The community’s pool area is adjacent to the State Park / Reserve land, and though it’s densely wooded there are trails connecting the property to the Reserve. This whole area of Venice consists of gated communities with homes / condos where snowbirds live; what if BL is somehow hiding out at one of the homes? My friends’ place has a screened-in lanai. I am guessing that more than half of the residents who live there are not home in the summer. Thoughts?

Last edited:
And that misstep by the Laundrie’s attorney may have led to that home being declared a “crime scene” by the FBI. Proof of obstruction/lying to investigators? MOO
And I believe he also lied when he told the press that the Laundries had reported him missing on Tuesday, but according to the North Port LE it was not to them and they had no knowledge of it.

I thought BL mumbled something about he practices -distance- and -taking a break-
to the officer.
Silent treatment. A Punishment. Dead or alive that’s what he’s doing now IMO.
I wonder if in their relationship that he said whatever he wanted and would not allow her to respond and instead tried to make her feel like her emotions and thoughts were not valid. Then if she would be insistent on being heard he would get in the van and lock her out or take her phone so she couldn't call or text him or anyone else.

To all of you seasoned sleuths ….I would like to post with respect
IMO the Laundries have been nothing but inhumane and secretive to the Petito family ….a family they were supposedly at the very least cordial with and they had the Petito daughter living with them. Mr. Petito moved to Florida to be near his daughter . They had to be aware the Petito family loved and cared for Gabby .
If they wanted to be treated as caring loving and concerned people unfortunately due to circumstances and facts that ship has sailed . They crossed the bridge of no return IMO let the chips fall where they may …..

When LE came knocking they were handed the attorney contact name so I think it’s acceptable to think he was hired prior to the date when contact was made about Gabby- as an example, it takes our firm 48 hours to get an engagement letter out and then we wait for the signed agreement and retainer check to arrive - usually about 7-10 days total time and we don’t do criminal. When phone records are revealed I’m going to predict some phone calls to New York around 10:30 am September 1 and then bank records showing a check to the NY lawyer (although a credit card may be used if you are in a hurry) of course if the parents also received a phone call around 8/27-28 then I will amend my outgoing phone call to New York to those corresponding dates. Bottom line ? IMO parents knew everything

If the phone records prove me wrong, I will happily amend my theory, (I am always striving for the most logical, fact based one), however, while we do not practice criminal at my firm either we can have a retainer agreement turned around in an hour. Everything since the pandemic has allowed us to be virtual. Retainer agreements signed and returned via email along with a credit card or wire are common place nowadays. TBH I cant remember the last time we actually mailed a retainer agreement or a bill out… good riddance to snail mail (sorry USPS)

Did the police find Gabbys phone?
If not,its still possible that Brian went hiking to get away from the arguing and give Gabby some peace to work on her blog.While he was gone some men with guns discovered Gabby alone,and forced her with a
gun to walk to that spot in the woods where they did whatever to her and murdered her.Then they took
her phone and made those text message replies to buy them some time, then ditched the phone somewhere.
Brian later comes back after a day or 2 and she's not there,sees that things are amiss ,gets scared thinking
somethings bad has happened and thinks what if they are still around and is so traumatized that all he can think of is to get the heck out of there and go home.Doesn't talk to anyone about it because hes too scared.
I am all for looking at different possibilities, but when those possibilities require me to do mental gymnastics to make it fit, then I deem them implausible.
We would have to assume she has no lock on her phone, and we would also have to assume that the perpetrators knew her grandfather’s name. IMO, that “dog won’t hunt”.

However, I do appreciate your effort in looking at alternatives!

Brian Laundrie could face the death penalty if he winds up charged with murder in the death of Gabby Petito, experts say

Brian Laundrie could face severe punishment if authorities bring charges against him in connection with the death of 22-year-old Gabby Petito, criminal justice experts and private investigators told Insider.

The North Port, Florida Police Department has said the Petito case is now a criminal investigation, although they have not charged Laundrie with any crime.

If authorities were to locate Laundrie and charge him with Petito's murder, he could "potentially face the death penalty," said Alfredo Garcia, a professor at St. Thomas University College of Law and a former assistant state attorney in Florida.

About half of all US states have abolished the death penalty, but it remains legal in both Wyoming and Florida. Garcia said that for Laundrie to be hit with the death penalty, authorities must first determine where the crime was committed.

"If it occurred in Wyoming," for example, he said, "they would have jurisdiction" to go through with the death penalty there.

Morse told Insider that he believes Laundrie is in hiding, and that the likelihood he may attempt suicide is "above average," given the extent of the criminal penalties he may face and the high level of publicity that Petito's case has received.

That entire part of the trip remains a bit of a mystery. GP's family hasn't really spoken about it. We haven't heard any clear explanation of what was really going on.

Her father confirmed that she stayed in a hotel in SLC during the Dr. Phil segment that recently aired but did not say for how long. I believe it also is confirmed that both she and BL were sighted at the hotel in SLC on the 25th.

So in my mind, there are still two questions:
1) How long did she stay in the hotel?
2) Did BL actually go back to Florida

My theory is that he made good on his threat to drive off in the van without her and that she didn't want her parents to know that they were arguing, so she made up a cover story. After some time, GP & BL made up and decided to continue on with the trip.

Speculation and MOO.

If the phone records prove me wrong, I will happily amend my theory, (I am always striving for the most logical, fact based one), however, while we do not practice criminal at my firm either we can have a retainer agreement turned around in an hour. Everything since the pandemic has allowed us to be virtual. Retainer agreements signed and returned via email along with a credit card or wire are common place nowadays. TBH I cant remember the last time we actually mailed a retainer agreement or a bill out… good riddance to snail mail (sorry USPS)

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Personally I think BL's parents hired the attorney on 9/10 when the police came. But I agree with you that it does not have to take a long time to get set up an engagement for a new client. I own my firm and it's small so we may be unconventional but I will start working as soon as I do a conflicts check, they sign the engagement letter over PDF, and pay the retainer over LawPay into our trust account. Some people like to send physical checks in but I ask specifically for electronic payment as it's easier for my accounting. I have had days where within a couple of hours we have an incoming call, get the agreement out, receive payment, and I file a notice of appearance.

The big firm I left to start my own firm was DEFINITELY not like that. But if this guy has a solo practice he can essentially do what he wants as long as he doesn't have a conflict.

So actually BOTH witnesses thought Gabby was the victim. Until the brohood started up during the police stop.

We need to start educating kids about domestic violence. What it looks like, what it sounds like, what it is. And those who haven't experienced it need a triple lesson.
And police need training to not put their own biases on a situation. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
That confuses me. If the FBI declared the parent’s home a crime scene, how is it they are still allowed to be there? From what I gather they were only out of the house an hour or two. Not much of a crime scene it would seem.
It’s just a guess, but from what I could piece together, it appears they hustled them out & into the van in the driveway to secure the residence. Then they moved in folding chairs and table and brought the Laundrie’s back in but watched/questioned them while they searched the residence. In Florida right now, it’s in the upper 90s, high humidity and raining most days. IMO, they wanted to keep them close (as opposed to letting them go in the lam like Brian, but weren’t in a position to arrest THEM) So they allowed them back in a tightly controlled condition until the search was completed. MOO

SEP 21, 2021
Inside Brian Laundrie's bedroom as Gabby Petito's homicide confirmed
... The Post has acquired property documents that reveal a string of recent home sales by the Laundrie family, as well as photos that take us inside the residence he shares with his parents.

[...]

The Post has acquired photos inside the family’s three-bedroom, two-bathroom home in North Port, Florida, which was purchased by the Laundries in 2015 for $120,000. ...
[...]

One of the images from the 2017 real estate listing takes us inside Brian’s presumed bedroom. A disturbing poster of dark figures with hammers and spheres violently attacking other figures can be seen resting on the two-case bookshelf.

Other items observed in the room include what appears to be a gun propped up next to the shelves over his bed, a Darth Vader mask and a series of “Watchmen” books.

[...]

Social media sleuths claim Laundrie, apparently an avid reader, is also spotted engrossed in a book about women who go missing in a video uploaded to the couple’s YouTube channel. The “person of interest in the case” is briefly shown reading what appears to be Jeff VanderMeer’s “Annihilation,” a 2014 novel about four females who venture into the so-called Area X, where three of them die and the fourth disappears permanently.

[...]

But this isn’t the only home owned — or sold — by the Laundries recently.

Property records show they had also owned a Venice, Florida condo unit since 2015, which they bought for $99,500. They sold the property this summer for $144,000, after just two weeks on the market in July.

[...]

They also purchased another North Port home made up of two bedrooms and two bathrooms in January 2020, before the pandemic hit, for $128,000. They sold the home over a year later, on March 18, 2021, for $140,000.

[...]

The Laundries also had a home in Bayport, NY, at one point, which they purchased back in 2008 for $330,000, property records reveal. They sold it in 2017 for $385,000 — the same year they attempted to sell their current Florida home.

[...]

The van showed some of their belongings messily strewn throughout the back of the camper after they were stopped by police in Utah following a 911 report of a domestic incident.

[...]

“We drove by and the gentleman was slapping the girl,” the caller said, according to audio of the call that emerged Monday.

The dispatcher responded, “He was slapping her?”

“Yes, and then we stopped. They ran up and down the sidewalk, he proceeded to hit her, hopped in the car and they drove off,” the caller replied.

On Tuesday afternoon, police revealed they are “actively” investigating deer camera footage that captured a hiker resembling Brian trekking through the wilderness.

“I’m not saying this is the guy but whoever was on my trail camera this morning in Baker, [Florida] strongly fits the description of Brian Laundrie,” Bass wrote on Facebook. “Authorities have been contacted but people in the northwest Florida area be on the look out.”

A man named Sam Bass told investigators he spotted the man toting a backpack at 6:17 a.m. on Monday in the town of Baker, Florida — about 500 miles away from Laundrie’s home in North Port.

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member